What do you plan to wear on Thanksgiving?

ashlend

Sep 9, 2006
How dressed up does your family get?

I'm having dinner with my husband's family, which could theoretically mean I could wear anything, but I prefer to look at least somewhat decent. So I am planning to wear a black pleated knee-length skirt, black tights, my black suede round-toe Michael Kors pumps, and one of my cashmere twinsets. :yes:

We're pretty casual in my family about Thanksgiving, which means "no jeans, no ties." Because it's cold and rainy, most everyone is in slacks and a sweater of some sort with comfortable dress shoes. All the better to eat, drink and watch football ;) . I will probably be in my black club monaco slacks, a cashmere sweater and my black prada platform mary janes.

Oh gosh, my family is extremely casual. For my family, jeans & a sweater, maybe boots or flats. I could show up in a potato sack & they wouldn't care.

Going to my "out laws", most of the women dress up (they wear twin-sets & slacks EVERY day though ) but I still wear jeans... After 10 years, I'm not out to impress. I am going to wear my Chanel black satin nail polish though. I'm sure black nails will drive my stuffy MIL crazy:devil:

I plan to wear a DVF camel utility wrap dress. I'm spending the day with my fiance's family who all somewhat dress up (i.e., no jeans). I think the wrap will fit in, be a little different and is very comfortable.