Thin

I watched until almost 1am last night.
It's a really disturbing disease. The girls I saw weren't as shockingly thin as Nicole Richie, but the insight into the thoughts, logic, distortion was pretty fascinating.

I watched it last night and it was sad. What an awful disease. It's a hard one because unlike alcoholism...these girls HAVE to eat - when you quit drinking you don't ever have to have a drink again. It's a constant day to day battle - the film was excellent and very well done.

I watched it with my husband. He couldn't believe that one lady was having such a hard time eating that cupcake. Did anyone notice how they all wore blankets and sweaters all the time? I guess with that little fat, it's hard to stay warm.

I wish I could see it. I recently bought a pin from a woman named Elizabeth Showers after the Dallas Morning News did a story on her and her eating disorder. All proceeds go to a fund to help women with this disorder. I think she sells her jewelry at NM and Nordstrom's. I wear it every day. It's a horrific disease and it's not just "something they can get over." I wish them many blessings and much strength.

i saw it last night as well--such an important story to tell, but hard to watch at the same time. i wonder/worry about women--especially young ones, and teens--struggling with their own body image issues watching the film--i would hope most would recognize the severity and tragedy of the illness, but i fear some might watch and take notes.. your thoughts?

PS starting today (or if not, really soon) it'll be available on HBO on demand, if any of you have that service (free with my cable package).

i saw it last night as well--such an important story to tell, but hard to watch at the same time. i wonder/worry about women--especially young ones, and teens--struggling with their own body image issues watching the film--i would hope most would recognize the severity and tragedy of the illness, but i fear some might watch and take notes.. your thoughts?

PS starting today (or if not, really soon) it'll be available on HBO on demand, if any of you have that service (free with my cable package).

Thanks for the info, I missed the show too ! Ill be sure to catch it on demand.

It's on again tonight, I'm recording it in case I forget later.
Superfriday, the trouble with these programs is that while it will educate about the severity of the disease, it will also influence young girls as well, there's no question about it. If they do show tricks on how they starve, then you can bet some girls out there are taking notes. So I agree with you, it's bitter-sweet.