Elle Mag Spread - Dior, MJ, Furla, YSL

IndyCat

Mar 9, 2006
The June issue of Elle has a great spread of their picks for Fall's "Must Have" bags and shoes. I'd better get my AmEx revved up and ready to go!!! (Sorry for the poor quality, I just took pics with my camera). The YSL boots are fierce!

Attachments

• PICT0021.JPG
    PICT0021.JPG
    216.9 KB · Views: 152
  • PICT0022.JPG
    PICT0022.JPG
    224.9 KB · Views: 193
  • PICT0023.JPG
    PICT0023.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 226
  • PICT0024.JPG
    PICT0024.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 208
  • PICT0025.JPG
    PICT0025.JPG
    241.8 KB · Views: 172
The Marc Jacobs bag is quite beautiful, but I don't think it's $2150 worth of beautiful - unless, of course, you have $$$ to burn. If I had that kind of money, I'd go straight to Saks to buy the Prada bag I saw yesterday ($1395) and then order the plum suede MJ. Aaaaah . . . it's fun to dream. :P

winternight said:
$2,150 is rather high for such a fashiony bag. I'm surprised. It couldn't be real tortoiseshell on the handles, could it? I don't think they're allowed to use that anymore.

Winter: the description in the magazine doesn't specify the materials. I do think you're right, however, that real tortoiseshell cannot be used in most countries because the tortoise from which the shells are taken in on the "critically endangered" species list.

What do you guys think of the FURLA bag? My boyfriend got me one but i'm thinking about returning it. i think that red for a bag is too bright. a deep red would be nicer.

I've seen that bag IRL and think it's really pretty (the ruffle detail is especially nice). I have two red bags that I love (I like for either my bag or my shoes to "pop" and add a spark to my outfit) - but, all that said, if you don't feel comfortable carrying a red bag, you should return it and get something that suits you. :smile: