Authenticate this COACH

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has less than 40 minutes, but if someone can authenticate...

Item: COACH Penelope Opti Art Wallet
Listing number: 320411005648
Seller: mizuho2009
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320411005648&_trkparms=tab=Watching
Comments: I think it's the "new without tags" that scares me...

For some reason, those pictures look very familiar. I'm not sure if it's because someone else asked about this wallet earlier. I did a search but couldn't find if someone had asked about it. I'd want to see more pictures. Personally, I would only be comfortable buying wallets from an established, known reputable seller.

This Julianne looks suspicious, as I don't think the Coach tag is legit. Also, the hangtags should be on the other side correct? This seller has sold this same bag over and over. Please advise.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-COACH-MADIS...bags?hash=item4cea87f1a5&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

The hangtags are removable, so it doesn't really matter which side they're on. However, I see several things wrong with this Julianne. The first picture is a picture stolen from the Coach website. The second picture seems to show a different bag from the other pictures. In this picture, there is foam wrapping around the hardware rings and the hangtags are on the other side and I don't see a price tag attached.

In the other pictures, that extra piece of fabric of where the zipper pull ends at the top worries me. Real Juliannes have this piece, but the piece is tucked inside the bag. At least one of the hangtags is fake - the stitching is the wrong color. The price tag is fake - the font is wrong. The Coach logo plaque on the front is crooked. The strap looks odd to me. The texture of the leather trim doesn't look right. The stitching looks off. The size and placement of the brass stud on the back zipper pull and top zipper pull is wrong. The color of the sealant around the handles is wrong.

I don't know if the creed that's shown in the 3rd picture is from the same bag and the picture is really poor quality (which I find odd because the quality of the 2nd and 3rd pictures don't seem to match the others). From what I can see, the font of the A in the Coach logo on this creed is different when compared to the creed from a real Julianne.

I swear, it's scary how close these fakes are getting to the real thing. On first glance, you could mistake this for real.

Last edited:
Hi ladies, please help me authenticate this small sling purse from Coach. I would also like the name of it if possible. Thanks a bunch!

33vhye1.jpg

It's one of the Signature Field Bags, probably the Mini, from 2003

I am new to this thread thing so bear with me, and pardon me if I am doing it wrong.
I won this auction today and I thought it was just the angle that the pic was taken that made the swingpack look shorter and wider than the normal Coach swingpack.

The C's, the strap, rivets and hang tag look good. The horse and carriage look small though, but if this swingpack is smaller than....
Just don't to throw up a fuss if it is legit and I just have never seen this particular one.

I own 10 coach bags myself, so I consider myself to know the brand pretty well. But now I am getting nervous and need some help before I pay!

Ebay Item number: 180394923027
Seller:Pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gifpics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gifbrenbryriapics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gif( 7 ) pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gifFeedback:100 % Positive

Status
Not open for further replies.