Limited Editions--Do You Settle For Less?

drspock7

Handbag Connoisseur
O.G.
Feb 7, 2009
This idea has crossed my mind several times in the past so I finally decided to put it out there. When limited editions come out, do you ever settle for accessories or small leather goods instead of getting a bag because that's what you can afford (at the time)?

I try to save to get what I really want, when I settle for something different I end up not using the bag or wallet...
And I've been lucky with LE's, I got my Monogramouflage Speedy last April.

i find myself NOT settling for less..
whenever i do 'reach' the current LE, and :heart: it, i get the piece that speaks to me.. i found the roses too loud in bigger pieces, but the littler ones were too pretty ~ i ended up with the pochette, the zippy & the scarf (which could've bought me the bag/s if i had wanted them)..
most of the other LE's i have are of the past, and have actually paid a little more today than their retail, such as my watercolor papillon, khaki graffiti and Bordeaux Mirage Speedies.. :blush::love:

It depends...if the LEs are nice and suit me then I will consider (provided the $$$ is enough to buy). I would rather go for LE, once gone...that's it you can't get it anymore. So far, I've been lucky getting LE bags. :smile:

I think if you settle, you'll always look at the pochette and think that you could have had the speedy/alma/whatever instead. The thing you settle for will never be good enough. This goes for dating, too.

Never settle.

I get what I want, but I have been silly, deciding to wait and paid for it later with regret & obssession. I had just bought the Frame WC Papillon, Mancrazy & Pomme Alma and felt it was enough & did not get the Monogramouflage Speedy - I bought the Passport cover instead. When I was ready to get the Speedy there were none available. I stalked eBay where there were/are CRAZY prices I refuse to pay, but was able to get the Monogramouflage Speedy a year later.

Lucky for me I tend to only like the spring/summer LEs so I haven't really ran into a problem yet. Although I loved every part of the most recent Sprouse range, but didn't have a hard time deciding. I got the orange graffiti speedy, roses pochette, pink cell charm, and green pareo. I was really in love with the rose pop SLGs but it faded after a month. And before that the only one I really loved was watercolor and that was a year ago...

normally i get whatever i want. rather just get it now brand new instead of passing on it only to continue to lust over it & buy it off ebay later...