Garden party tote in rainy weather?

orchids

O.G.
May 30, 2006
For canvas GPT owners, how well does the GPT do in the rain--light showers, not downpours? :confused1:

I'd like to take the new canvas GPT out for a spin; problem is we're in the middle of a rainy spell. I was told by the SA that the canvas has been pre-treated for durability and stain resistance, but not sure if I want to test this theory quite yet. Any thoughts from those who have had experience w/the GPTs would be greatly appreciated.

If your GP is in the neutral toile/canvas, no problem.

If it is dyed like in chartreuse or rouge imperiale ... it may be a problem. I don't know if you followed my 'defect' rouge imperiale GP story. My GP has been sent back to Paris, because my store manager wanted to show Paris that there is probably a quality problem with adding of colour on canvas.

And specifically, the resident craftsman at my local H store has said that if I should take my GP for dry cleaning, the colour will definitely fade. And if the dry cleaner is not good, there will be uneven patches on my GP.

Darn, mine is dyed--Chatreuse. I'll keep an eye out for issues--I love the Rouge Imperiale as well. I really hope there isn't a prevalent issue w/the color on canvas; they're so lovely.

Sorry to hijack this thread but how does clemence leather holds up in the rain. I am going shopping today and wanted to bring my JPG but it's raining in Toronto. Is it going to be OK?

Sorry to hijack this thread but how does clemence leather holds up in the rain. I am going shopping today and wanted to bring my JPG but it's raining in Toronto. Is it going to be OK?

Black clemence does fine in light rain, I just minimize the exposure and wipe off the droplets as soon as I get inside. No repercussions...
That said, I am leery of my Amazonia GP getting wet. It leaves splotches (worst when first wet; fewer after it dries and if you wipe it quickly) that need to be addressed with the special wipes or latex spray.