more marc for us! much to the dismay of "old new yorkers"

tadpolenyc

O.G.
Sep 9, 2006
it's a time honored tradition to grumble and moan about change and gentrification even when you only moved to the city, oh, about a year ago, so expect more hate from the disgruntled haters. this new store will be directly across from magnolia bakery and adjacent to the women's mbmj store.
Marc Jacobs Adds Sixth Shop to his West Village Set

2009_07_biographybookshop.jpg

Image via one2c900d

Sounds like Marc Jacobs is taking over 400 Bleecker Street, for twenty years the home of Biography Book Shop, after all. Back in February, MJ International head Robert Duffy told WWD that the company had signed a lease for yet another Bleecker Street location, leading us to speculate that they'd move into either the Miracle Grill or Biography. Now, the building's owner has confirmed that Marc Jacobs will arrive next February with some sort of lifestyle boutique. As for the bookshop, it's not disappearing: The Shophound reports that it will reopen as Bookbook at 266 Bleecker sometime in 2010.

http://racked.com/archives/2009/07/09/marc_jacobs_adds_a_sixth_west_village_store_to_his_collection.php

yeah, i have no idea what that means. furniture, dinnerware, sheets, and candles? what else does this man even have to sell? i think my bf would be horrified if i, you know, brought home a marc jacobs toilet seat cover or something.

Yes, I would hope it would have all the bells and whistles like the toilets they have in Japan! I love those toilets - they have the heated seats, two different water-spraying options, the sounds to cover any embarassing sounds you might make...

they're relocating down the street and also expanding their selection hence their name change to bookbook. they didn't lose their lease because of marc. there's been speculation of them vacating for months now because the landlord wanted to increase the rent. :yes: