Timeless & Classic Black Bag (need your opinion)

pinkdecember

Nov 24, 2008
Hello TPF'ers -

If you can have ONE timeless & classic black bag that you can use everyday ... what would it be?

I have a very small collection of handbags and I just realized I don't have a black bag!

Thank you,
PinkDecember

If it's an everyday bag, opt for the Longchamps and D&Bs.
If you want a real classic black bag, I'd always say Chanel and/or Prada.
Although I don't have any of both... a girl can dream right? :P

Thanks vbs1521! I think I'm more looking for a REAL Classic Black Bag.

5 years ago, a Speedy Louis Vuitton was just a dream to me too ... Dreams do come true!!!! :yes:

Haha!!! My dreams depend on Barney's online! LOL I saw that Prada bag I liked and it was 70% off at Barney's and I waited for my salary for 3 days and then by the time I had the $$$ it was gone. Imagine how upsetting that was. LOL check out Barney's SALE section every now and then. You'll see Lanvin, Prada, Givenchy, etc on 50-70% off. Almost the same price as your LV Speedy! :smile:

DI492_l.jpg

This was the "everyday black bag" I was talking about earlier. Practical and cheap. But pretty. You can buy this until that day you can actually buy a Chanel quilted flap bag. Sigh.

When I read the title of this thread I instantly thought Chanel Flap. I dont think there is a more timeless and classic bag. If you can afford it then go for it although I dont think I would carry it as an everyday bag.

Definatly a Chanel 2.55 classic flap bag! if you get it in Jumbo it really fits everything! Another good one would be a hermes birkin but I will always prefer the Chanel. You can't get more timeless and classic than a 2.55 and a Birkin:smile: