Timeless & Classic Black Bag (need your opinion)

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello TPF'ers -

If you can have ONE timeless & classic black bag that you can use everyday ... what would it be?

I have a very small collection of handbags and I just realized I don't have a black bag!

Thank you,
    PinkDecember

2. If it's an everyday bag, opt for the Longchamps and D&Bs.
    If you want a real classic black bag, I'd always say Chanel and/or Prada.
    Although I don't have any of both... a girl can dream right? :P

3. Thanks vbs1521! I think I'm more looking for a REAL Classic Black Bag.

5 years ago, a Speedy Louis Vuitton was just a dream to me too ... Dreams do come true!!!! :yes:

4. I don't know how much more classic you can get than a quilted flap Chanel bag. That bag will go on for ages!

5. Balenciaga First or City

6. Haha!!! My dreams depend on Barney's online! LOL I saw that Prada bag I liked and it was 70% off at Barney's and I waited for my salary for 3 days and then by the time I had the $$$ it was gone. Imagine how upsetting that was. LOL check out Barney's SALE section every now and then. You'll see Lanvin, Prada, Givenchy, etc on 50-70% off. Almost the same price as your LV Speedy! :smile:

7. Definitely a Chanel flap!

8. [​IMG]

This was the "everyday black bag" I was talking about earlier. Practical and cheap. But pretty. You can buy this until that day you can actually buy a Chanel quilted flap bag. Sigh.

9. What is the budget? I am very biased, but I would say a BV Veneta or a Chanel.

10. When I read the title of this thread I instantly thought Chanel Flap. I dont think there is a more timeless and classic bag. If you can afford it then go for it although I dont think I would carry it as an everyday bag.

11. My recommendation for a true classic would be Chanel Flap or Hermes Kelly. :yes:

12. Definatly a Chanel 2.55 classic flap bag! if you get it in Jumbo it really fits everything! Another good one would be a hermes birkin but I will always prefer the Chanel. You can't get more timeless and classic than a 2.55 and a Birkin:smile:

13. how about a rebecca minkoff morning after bag? it's less expensive than a lot of the other brands mentioned (mainly chanel)

14. yup yup! :smile:

15. I LOVE the new Jimmy Choo Odette!

pics on Saks.com