Food Condiments WAY over their expiration date

randr21

in the untamed rabbit hole
O.G.
May 25, 2006
I have several bottles of condiments (Ketchup, Mustard, Caesar Dressing) that have never been opened, but their expiration dates are like 2005, 2006. Can they still be used? I know it's safer than sorry, but I hate wasting them if they are still usable.

Toss them!

If it's within a year & it's something without any eggs or dairy in it, it might be ok if it looks and smells fine... but that stuff is OLD!! :blink: lol

i've used some stuff that's way over it's expiration date but 2005 might be a little too old even for me! ketchup usually goes bad about 6 months after it's expiration date. you can just taste a tiny tiny bit and tell if it's nasty.

mustard is probably one thing that i've kept the longest basically just because i used it for cooking purposes. if the consistency and texture of something has changed... then it's definitely time to toss it out.

These condiments are cheap... don't risk anything & just toss!! My parents NEVER clear out the condiments. I come home during breaks & that is one of the very first things I do!