OMG! Stupid Nordstrom charged my CC w/o calling me to confirm purchase!

Yes, that sounds incredibly annoying. However, mistakes happen. The SA who called you to tell you when the shipment would come in probably neglected to remove your name from the wait list after you told her you were no longer interested. Most likely just a case of human error. We all make mistakes sometimes. I would definitely call to professionally complain though. And when I say "professionally", I mean to do it in a polite but firm manner. You'll probably get much farther that way.
Sorry for your troubles and I hope that it gets resolved for you soon!

^^ be careful with return to sender, im not sure how nordies operates but I did that one time with bag borrow steal. i refused it assuming it would go back to the shipping place. it did not. it went back to bbs corporate in seattle and i had to wait for them to ship it back to wisconsin (shipping warehouse) b4 I got my refund. huge hastle.

hikaru, sorry about your circumstances, i have had excellent service from nordies seattle...you can return it to any nordies...i have done it b4 no problems.

I have had to refuse 2 packages, and both went right back to the store that sent them. And even if they didn't, it would not be my issue because if the item was sent by mistake, it's their fault, not mine. This is another reason why I do not use a store card when shopping, I'll use a MC or Visa in case theres a problem. If I do not take ownership of a delivery, then I am not responsible for it.

But hikarupanda, I see no reason why you cannot return it to the Nordies even if they do not carry Chanel. I have returned to my Saks bags that my particular store did not carry, and they took them back. My NM used to not carry Chanel, but I would order from another NM and have it sent to me, if I didn't like it, I would just return it to my NM. They would do the refund for me and send it back to the appropriate store.

How unprofessional!

Let us know what they say. I hate the fact that they have your cc details and feel they can charge whenever/whatever they want. No wonder there's so much cc fraud out there

This exact same thing happened to me. I was away when I got the notice that it had been charged and shipped. I was going to be away for 3 weeks.and could not receive the bag. I was very upset, I did call the Nordies chanel boutique manager, by the way, same nordstrom......and told them I did not approve of it being sent, and charged, had not been notified prior to shipping, etc., etc., and that it was up to them to contact the shipping company and have the delivery stopped and reversed since I could not have the bag laying around for 3 weeks and if they didn't I would call Amex to reverse the charges.

They did reverse the shipping with ups, and apologized for sending and charging without prior consent. If you call and speak to the manager I am sure it can be reversed asap. And yes, you can return the bag to a nordstrom that does not have Chanel.

Been there...... A SA from NM "accidently" returned a classic to my NM card and then charged it back....it was a mess...30 days later it was cleared -up...

I have returned Chanel items to a "non-Chanel" Nordies before. They just call one of their Chanel boutiques to get authorization. Then there is no shipping charge for you. The only problem I have found is that you walk away with no receipt of return. That bothers me. They will send it to you but one time they did not and I had to wait for my monthly bill to see that it was done properly. Try to get some sort of receipt if you can.

Yes, that sounds incredibly annoying. However, mistakes happen. The SA who called you to tell you when the shipment would come in probably neglected to remove your name from the wait list after you told her you were no longer interested. Most likely just a case of human error. We all make mistakes sometimes. I would definitely call to professionally complain though. And when I say "professionally", I mean to do it in a polite but firm manner. You'll probably get much farther that way.
Sorry for your troubles and I hope that it gets resolved for you soon!

I don't mind they still leave my name on waitlist, what annoys me is that I am very sure they PURPOSELY charge me and ship the bag to me without calling me to confirm purchase. You just do NOT charge people's credit card without talking to them first (well, they talked to me in April when I put my name on the waitlist, but that's 3 months ago! Anything could happen within 3 months!).

But it seems that I am getting conflicting info as to whether refuse delivery is a good idea. It also seems that depending on which Nordy, sometime the Nordstrom without a Chanel boutique will still process a refund and you get your refund back right there, while others can only return it to a Nordy without a Chanel but won't get credit back till the bag is transferred back to the sending store.

I know the 2 closest Nordstrom (Cerritos and SCP) normally do NOT process refund for Chanel bags as they don't carry Chanel. I know this because I actually did try to return a bag in the past. Both stores said the only thing they can do is to transfer the bag back to the sending store (Portland) for free, but they told me the problem would be there's no tracking info so I won't be able to track and see when the bag arrives Portland Nordy...

Anyway, since I was so pissed I waited till 7 am EST to call the 1888 customer service number, the rep said she will try to call my local (Cerritos) nordstrom to make sure they can process the refund (full refund including shipping). She advised me NOT to refuse delivery as she said that's a lot slower than your regular shipping.....this rep promised to call me back to let me know after she talks to Cerritos Nordstrom.

But still, I will try to call Seattle and talk to the manager, I will see if they can just reverse the shipping.....

I have had to refuse 2 packages, and both went right back to the store that sent them. And even if they didn't, it would not be my issue because if the item was sent by mistake, it's their fault, not mine. This is another reason why I do not use a store card when shopping, I'll use a MC or Visa in case theres a problem. If I do not take ownership of a delivery, then I am not responsible for it.

But hikarupanda, I see no reason why you cannot return it to the Nordies even if they do not carry Chanel. I have returned to my Saks bags that my particular store did not carry, and they took them back. My NM used to not carry Chanel, but I would order from another NM and have it sent to me, if I didn't like it, I would just return it to my NM. They would do the refund for me and send it back to the appropriate store.

Saks is different - I have returned quite a few Chanel to SCP Saks and get my refund right back even though SCP Saks don't carry Chanel. Nordstrom is different though, it's more PITA with Nordstrom.

Update - I just spoke to the Acting Manager (the Manager is on vacation) at Seattle Nordstrom. She apologized (very friendly) and told me that she will call UPS to try to reverse the shipment. But she said UPS may be closed today since it's July 4, but she said if they don't work today she will then try to call them on Monday. I actually complained to her that this has happened before to other TPFers (I said my friends). This actually had happened to me in Portland Seattle too but the SA called me after charging my CC but before shipping so the SA was still able to do the refund right away.

I am glad I spoke to the Acting Manager instead of the Chanel SA. I think she will handle this well, much better than if I had to return the bag myself, like someone else was saying, once I accept the bag it will be my responsibility to return the bag, but if they can reverse shipment then it's their responsibility. I will keep you posted on the status!

I had this happen to me just this weekend although they hadn't shipped the bag so they just credited my card back. It was on a Prada purchase. Earlier this year I bought a bag from them online and didn't like it. I was able to return it to my closest Nordstrom even though they didn't have a designer section there. I really think you could return the bag to any Nordstrom. It is a shame that you have to go through this and that the SA made that mistake, but those things happen.

That is exactly what I did and how it got solved, the acting manager in my case was Jennifer and the SA was Julie, it turned out it was not really Julies fault, by the way, I also asked the Manager, in my case Jennifer to reverse the charges inmediately, not to wait till the bag got back since the bag in transit was their responsiblity not mine, she did, she reversed the shipment and reversed the charges inmediately........I think their customer service is quite excellent, but what happens when you get on a waitlist and give your CC info, that the system as soon as the bag gets in, charges and ships without confirming............not knowing, as in my case, whether you are going to be home or away...maybe they can change the system., hopefully it will all work out for you, I think mine came from the portland store.......

QUOTE=hikarupanda;11591723]Update - I just spoke to the Acting Manager (the Manager is on vacation) at Seattle Nordstrom. She apologized (very friendly) and told me that she will call UPS to try to reverse the shipment. But she said UPS may be closed today since it's July 4, but she said if they don't work today she will then try to call them on Monday. I actually complained to her that this has happened before to other TPFers (I said my friends). This actually had happened to me in Portland Seattle too but the SA called me after charging my CC but before shipping so the SA was still able to do the refund right away.

I am glad I spoke to the Acting Manager instead of the Chanel SA. I think she will handle this well, much better than if I had to return the bag myself, like someone else was saying, once I accept the bag it will be my responsibility to return the bag, but if they can reverse shipment then it's their responsibility. I will keep you posted on the status![/QUOTE]