OMG! Stupid Nordstrom charged my CC w/o calling me to confirm purchase!

that is exactly what i did and how it got solved, the acting manager in my case was jennifer and the sa was julie, it turned out it was not really julies fault, by the way, i also asked the manager, in my case jennifer to reverse the charges inmediately, not to wait till the bag got back since the bag in transit was their responsiblity not mine, she did, she reversed the shipment and reversed the charges inmediately........i think their customer service is quite excellent, but what happens when you get on a waitlist and give your cc info, that the system as soon as the bag gets in, charges and ships without confirming............not knowing, as in my case, whether you are going to be home or away...maybe they can change the system., hopefully it will all work out for you, i think mine came from the portland store.......

Quote=hikarupanda;11591723]update - i just spoke to the acting manager (the manager is on vacation) at seattle nordstrom. She apologized (very friendly) and told me that she will call ups to try to reverse the shipment. But she said ups may be closed today since it's july 4, but she said if they don't work today she will then try to call them on monday. I actually complained to her that this has happened before to other tpfers (i said my friends). This actually had happened to me in portland seattle too but the sa called me after charging my cc but before shipping so the sa was still able to do the refund right away.

I am glad i spoke to the acting manager instead of the chanel sa. I think she will handle this well, much better than if i had to return the bag myself, like someone else was saying, once i accept the bag it will be my responsibility to return the bag, but if they can reverse shipment then it's their responsibility. I will keep you posted on the status!
[/quote]

it's good to know that they can reverse shipment! The acting manager who's helping me now is jackie. She sounded very nice and totally understand my frustration. I think i am in good hands now. Finger cross everything will work out fine. Thank god is not like they max out my credit limit, otherwise i'd be very mad!

Saks is different - I have returned quite a few Chanel to SCP Saks and get my refund right back even though SCP Saks don't carry Chanel. Nordstrom is different though, it's more PITA with Nordstrom.

I had no clue Nordies could be so assy. I shop there a lot, but have never bought any Chanel from any Nordies. I'll make sure I steer clear of purchasing any Chanel from them, I like to have the option of returning to my own store free of any shipping charge.

I hope your issue get's resolved quickly. Funny how the manager says not to refuse it, because then it ships back slower....I would not care, I would demand refund now, not when they get the bag, because it was sent out in error. I would feel it's not my problem if they don't have it back yet, because I would have never had it. This would not be possible to do if you used a store card though, they would not do the refund till they got it back. What a huge PITA though!

That's how reserve lists work. As soon as you give your information, you are authorizing the charge. Just call Nordstrom, they are always very helpful. Let them know the situation and they will probably return the bag right away and have it re-routed back to their store.

I've been on many a reserve list, and this has never happened to me. They always call first, with LV and Chanel.

ITA, I think only Nordstrom charges ppl's cc without calling to confirm first. As least from my experience, other stores like Saks and the Chanel boutique itself NEVER charge your card without calling to confirm first.

By the way, the acting manager called me again this afternoon, she has issued the credit back to me while they are working with UPS to stop the shipment (so they don't even need to wait till they receive the bag back since they are at fault). Anyways, problem solved and $$ back!

Glad it was worked out. I never understood why stores that don't stock brands like Chanel won't take returns until recently, when a Barneys COOP SA explained that sometimes the SAs at those stores are not familiar enough with the brands and may get stuck accepting a fake bag.

Glad you got it resolved. The same thing happened to me with BG. I called to ask about a bag. Was told that they didn't have it, the sa took my name and phone number. Didn't hear anything else. Then about 3 weeks went by, got my credit card bill, it had been charged and shipped...but to an address where I no longer lived. It took several weeks, and complaints to correct it. (I guess for BG and fedex to find the bag)