Do these look like they are balding????

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
I bought a pair of pony hairs on ebay. They haven't arrived yet but I log in periodically so I can stare at the picture in the auction and imagine what I will wear them with.:graucho:
Anyway, I do this from my home computer but yesterday I did this from my work computer and the screen is showing the pics a little lighter. From my work computer, it looks as though the heel on the right shoe (right above the tap) and the back part of the right shoe (right where the heel is connected to the shoe) is bald---like my computer looks like there is no hair in those 2 spots. I didn't notice this from my home computer. Is it just my eyes? What do you ladies thinK?

!BVCGwFw!mk~$(KGrHgoH-DoEjlLluCsSBKQeqzSU-Q~~_1.JPG

No, there were 3 other pics but 2 of them were pics of the front of the shoe and one was a close up of the side/sole of the shoe. This is the only pic I have of the back of the shoe.

It looks like she's not changed the heel taps on time and the heels have been damaged. The pony hair cover looks like it's separated from the heel.

I hope that it's not really the case and it's just a bad photo. If the seller does not share our love of high end shoes, she might consider this "excellent condition." Like the sellers who say/think that scoured soles make for a new shoe or excellent condition.

I guess you'll have to wait until you get them to be sure. If there is indeed damage that wasn't disclosed, and it really bothers you, you can file a SNAD. That being said, pony hair will bald over time, that's just the way it is.

I guess you'll have to wait until you get them to be sure. If there is indeed damage that wasn't disclosed, and it really bothers you, you can file a SNAD. That being said, pony hair will bald over time, that's just the way it is.

Obviously a lot of wear would make pony hair bald, but will they "shed" or bald just from age? Are they more delicate than python?

I can't believe they would just lose hair due to age. It's dead skin. Old fur coats don't shed just because they're old. I doubt that hairy calf skin would be any different.

The only reason I can imagine for shoe hair loss under normal conditions (not for instance extreme temperature changes which can damage leather) is wear from rubbing. You can also pull out the hair, but it won't just fall out.

^^That is true. I had a pair of pony hair peeptoes once (Not CL but a much cheaper brand) and I wore them with pants. After wearing them for 4 hours, the heels were bald b/c the pants (wool trousers) rubbed on them slightly. I returned them to Nordstrom and they took them back. That being said, I would hope that the qualify of CLs is different. That was a $120.00 pair of shoes compared to a $695.00 pair of shoes....I guess we will see when they arrive. Ugh, I hope I didn't get duped.

I can't believe they would just lose hair due to age. It's dead skin. Old fur coats don't shed just because they're old. I doubt that hairy calf skin would be any different.

The only reason I can imagine for shoe hair loss under normal conditions (not for instance extreme temperature changes which can damage leather) is wear from rubbing. You can also pull out the hair, but it won't just fall out.
Good point.

Fashion, I hope these are perfect for you. Ebay is so tricky.

When you get them, use the moroccon oil method to smooth them out :smile:

http://forum.purseblog.com/christia...h-out-my-tigresse-other-pony-hair-473801.html

Excuse the long post, i'm quoting melia :smile:

so i think i may have come up with a solution for frizzy hair... here's my experiment...

here is the left heel of my pony hair rolando before anything

i used Moroccan Oil (hair stuff) and wrapped the heel with some self grip athletic bandage and left it on for about 15 minutes. i put some of the Moroccan Oil on the rest of the left shoe and it resulted in a noticeable difference...

and here's the final result after removing the bandage...

the very bottom (right above the heel tap) is still a little unruly so i might give it another shot later. hopefully i remember to take care of the right shoe too!