Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

Great idea Bunny! For all of us who love the old stuff.

These are some of my oldest bags. Most of my others are from the 80's and 90's.

The 1st one is NOT a Bonnie Cashin (according to the Bonnie Cashin Foundation) though I really wanted it to be. Nobody seems to know the name of it. It has the old Coach mark (shown in the second picture) which is a leather strip with "Coach Leatherware".

The 2nd is the Watermelon Tote with another old Coach mark.

The 3rd is the Skinny Tote with the glued on serial number.

:smile:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Great idea Bunny! For all of us who love the old stuff.

These are some of my oldest bags. Most of my others are from the 80's and 90's.

The 1st one is NOT a Bonnie Cashin (according to the Bonnie Cashin Foundation) though I really wanted it to be. Nobody seems to know the name of it. It has the old Coach mark (shown in the second picture) which is a leather strip with "Coach Leatherware".
:smile:
picture.php

picture.php
I love this one best!

I had a maggie Duffle but just sold it.....having sellers remorse! :shrugs:
Dem Ram,tell us the story on that bag.....were did you find it?

I found it for auction on ebay. The seller was as convinced as I was that it was a Cashin design.

The Bonnie Cashin Foundation will authenticate an item for a fee, so I sent my pictures to them hoping for a "name" for the bag. They have ALL of Cashin's drawings for Coach and that bag was not among them.

It's a cute little thing and definitely made by Coach. Only about 8" wide x 8" tall x 3" deep. Maybe someone will see it and recognize it.

:biggrin:
picture.php

Last edited:
Bunny, do you carry your vintage pieces or do you find/buy/rehab for collection/project purposes?

shezarealgem, your piece is GORGEOUS! Good job w/ the "clean up"! :smile:

Bunny, do you carry your vintage pieces or do you find/buy/rehab for collection/project purposes?

shezarealgem, your piece is GORGEOUS! Good job w/ the "clean up"! :smile:
When I collect per say, I tend to use as much as I can. My beanbag keyfob keychains I don't use, but I do have three (black, red, green).

When I do rehab or buy/find old or vintage bags I make best use to use them well, otherwise I hate fixing something up that will just sit there because I can't find enough use for it.

great thread bunny! i just found a vintage bleeker (i think) tote and it came today. i have to clean her up, but i will post pics as soon as i can.

i love vintage bags, and i am getting into them more and more. right now i want to save up for a vintage bonnie cashin duffle i found :nuts:

This is my recent find: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...RK:MEWNX:IT&salenotsupported#ebayphotohosting

I am tickled to finally get a hold of her. It looks like she is in good shape, but I may have to clean her up a bit.

You know, I am dying to get my hands on a grungy dirty old bag and give her a super overhaul just to see how great these bags can be refurbished. I have to say though, even the littlest of cleaning and conditioning makes a difference……but I am finding my self being a little obsessive compulsive about cleaning up my used bags. I was obsessing on this tiny little spot today on a bag I just got and was wondering if I should completely redye?! Ha ha…

I kind of like buying used, because it takes the pressure off of accedentially scratching or spotting a bag, but there is something icky about not knowing where a stain came from……..you know. SO wondering again if I should give all of my used bags a bath…..

Ok sorry for the digression.....