Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

I really like this! Thanks for starting it! It will really be a great resource for those of us who are new to vintage bags. I think I have about 7 that would be borderline vintage...how old would a bag need to be to be considered vintage?
To be considered 'vintage' bags need to be at least 20 years, so all of the bags that were made in 1994 with the 'new' (and logical for Coach) serial numbering system become vintage this year!

Great idea to start this thread Cameochi!

This is my favourite and oldest vintage Coach: a pre-creed watermelon tote.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 9,196
Last edited:
To be considered 'vintage' bags need to be at least 20 years, so all of the bags that were made in 1994 with the 'new' (and logical for Coach) serial numbering system become vintage this year!

Great idea to start this thread Cameochi!

This is my favourite and oldest vintage Coach: a pre-creed watermelon tote.
Thank you so much for clarifying. Your vintage bags are gorgeous! I'll have to look at my bags again to see if I have any true vintage ones. I know I have a few from the 90's, they might not be quite old enough yet. I hope more people will post up!

Reactions: Jeny09
lovely bags!

Beautiful bags!!

Thank you so much for clarifying. Your vintage bags are gorgeous! I'll have to look at my bags again to see if I have any true vintage ones. I know I have a few from the 90's, they might not be quite old enough yet. I hope more people will post up!

Thanks everyone. I hope others post here too.

TPF is such an enabler. I've learnt so much in a very short time from the expert authenticators and rehabbers with lots more to learn too.

Bigal, I reckon bags made in the 1990's qualify, unless Cameochi wants to stick steadfastly to the 20 year rule?

Thanks everyone. I hope others post here too.

TPF is such an enabler. I've learnt so much in a very short time from the expert authenticators and rehabbers with lots more to learn too.

Bigal, I reckon bags made in the 1990's qualify, unless Cameochi wants to stick steadfastly to the 20 year rule?
I'd like to include classic styles, even if they were made later. A classic Willis from 1994 looks the same as one from 1997. Most of my bags are from the nineties. My Madisons are from 1996 and Sonomas aren't old enough to technically be vintage either, but in my collection, I consider them vintage.

Here is one of my favorite little bags because it has a surprise inside! I don't use it because it is too small but it makes me happy to look at. I even like the way the dye faded on the edges so it looks two-tone. The style is called shoulder purse and it is style #9385. I think it was made around 1986.

Attachments

• taupe058sm.jpg
    taupe058sm.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 2,750
  • taupe057sm.jpg
    taupe057sm.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 2,763
  • taupe056sm.jpg
    taupe056sm.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 2,798
This adorable clutch bag is a reissue of a Bonnie Cashin design. The original was called the patch pocket bag and it came out around 1969. For the reissue, in the late eighties, they made the style even more fun by adding a zippered pocket on the other side and making it two-tone. There is a black and white version too. I absolutely love this bag and it holds a lot more than it looks. The style number is 9004 and it is called the stroll tote. It is about 10 x 10 x 3 inches. The color was called peacock blue with coral.

Attachments

• style2111016sm.jpg
    style2111016sm.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 2,699
  • style2111015sm.jpg
    style2111015sm.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 2,709
  • stroll tote.jpg
    stroll tote.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 2,702
Here's one more. This is from the Carriage classics collection from around 1992. This is the Chauncey bag, #9897. It is very small but it is pretty cute and a very nice shade of olive. I never rehabbed it. Actually I didn't rehab the stroll tote either. I found that one in almost perfect condition.

Attachments

• olive008.jpg
    olive008.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 2,695