THANKS TO tPF members and a ? owners of ROUGE VIF...

ShoulderEyeCandy

Mr. H
O.G.
Apr 26, 2006
Hi, I would love to thank everyone here on tPF who helped me decide on getting a red city. I've decided on the :heart: ROUGE VIF.:heart: The color is TDF!!! I am extremely happy with my purchase! :yahoo: I am in LOVE!!!

Now, I bought the Applegarde spray for my handles. I have never used this product and was thinking of just spraying just the handles so I can avoid it getting darker. Would you recommend spraying only the handles? If so, how many times?

How about the conditioning of it? I also bought the leather care conditioner in a bottle. When should I do this??? :shrugs:

I am a little bit scared as the SA said not to spray the leather with anything. So, if any of you have used this product what would you suggest? I would love to use my city now but i want to protect it first. Thanks! :flowers:

Oh great congrats I l:heart:ove mine!
They always say not to treat maybe it's to protect themselves ?!
I used the spray on the whole bag but tried it on a tassle first. I do have the lotion too but my bag is perfect the way it is so I will only treat it when or if I get the feel it dried out a little. For now no need.
Isn't the leather on the rouge vifs just wonderful!

hehehe, i cant wait to get my ROUGE VIF city!!! My first ever RED bag! woop woop!!!
I've never used anything on any of my b-bags, but i guess spraying something on the handles is a good idea.

When I got my rouge vif, I didn't condition the bag at all. I only sprayed it with the Apple Rain and Stain Repellant all over the bag. Extra sprays on the handles to protect it from getting darken. I'm going to re-spray the handles this weekend again since I notice a slight darkening.

I used the appleguard for handles. I found that it darkened the handles a bit. Apparently that goes away. The darkening is even and doesn't have the same look as darkened handles from use. (which I am hoping to avoid). I have a wallet in this color and it is darkening on the edges. I think you have to be careful with this color (as opposed the dark colors).

i've only used the applegarde spray on my rouge vif work. i spray my bags 3 times (drying in between coats). i haven't had to use the conditioner. i think, i was the first to get the rouge vif back in july. as good as it looked when i first got her, i honestly think she actually looks and feels much better now.

^ i have 5 works/weekenders that i rotate through as my every day bag depending on my outfit, but the one i have been using the most is my rouge vif work, turq 05 work, and black weekender. so, i use it pretty often.