To the ladies who own a 2.55 re-issue...

joia

Aug 14, 2006
Help..I'm really torn between getting either the re-issue in size 226 or size 227...:wtf:

Could any of you kind ladies supplement the dimensions of the 226 or 227?

:s

You should walk into Taka, there's a small Chanel there and they have the velvet 2.55 in 225, 226 and 227. I tried it on for size and realised I wasn't really in love. :crybaby:

I have the 226 reissue. It works for me because I do not carry alot of stuff. If you want to carry more than a wallet, cell phone, and a few small items, I would recommend the 227.

Thanks for the info ladies..:smile:

Guess a 227 would be a better size for me as I already have the medium/large classic flap, and I find it a tad too small for me.

228 14" x 8.5"(approximate)-very big bag but I LOVE it!!
227 12.5" x 8.25"(approx.)(equivalent to the Jumbo flap)
It really depends on where you hold the tape measure as the flap has a crease on top but that is pretty close...

Joia, I've been lusting for a reissue in grey but I never really tried a reissue on until the day before when I walked into Chanel. I tried both the 225 and 226 on, but it just didn't impress me, not what I had expected. Maybe if I had tried on the grey, it would be different cos I think its the colour that I love.
For me 226 is a practical size, 227 looks big on me, so I guess it depends on your height, I'm quite short. Go try it out and see which size you prefer!

Joia, I've been lusting for a reissue in grey but I never really tried a reissue on until the day before when I walked into Chanel. I tried both the 225 and 226 on, but it just didn't impress me, not what I had expected. Maybe if I had tried on the grey, it would be different cos I think its the colour that I love.
For me 226 is a practical size, 227 looks big on me, so I guess it depends on your height, I'm quite short. Go try it out and see which size you prefer!

Thanks for the input Aurora..guess the suede re-issues didn't work for most people..that's why they're still left on the shelves after 2 months! :yes: