what do you think of "coach"?

Thank you ladies! I just want all the "youngsters" to know that life is good no matter what age you are, it's all in how you feel and what your attitude is.

You are so right on :tup:

And just because people are older, that doesn't mean they can't be in style. Just look at Helen Mirren, Priscilla Presley, Sophia Loren, Kim Basinger etc!

But again Chanticleer, you are probably a great non-celebrity example ;)

I admit I own more Coach than any other designer at the present moment. I'm a big fan of their Legacy Leather's and just scored a Spectator Sabrina.

I am NOT a huge fan of the monogram (not just in Coach but any designer) with the exception of the Optic Coach and the LV Vernis. There are Coach bags you could not pay me to carry and at the same time bags I'd sell a Kidney for. I live close to and work in Scottsdale so I see a lot of designer bags being toted around. To date I have not run into one person carrying the same Coach bags I own but I see the LV's, Chloe Paddington's, MJ Stam's and the Michael Kors hobo's everytime I turn a corner, doesn't mean I think they are tacky or the brand is heading south.

I look at any "designer" handbag I purchase as an investment to last me years and years so I tend to gravitate toward bag's that will IMHO stand the test of time style wise. Granted every person's taste is different which is what makes the world of accessories so interesting. How boring would it be if we all liked the same thing?

^ITA with you Speedster70!^ I bought a few Coach bags and look forward to them losing their popularity as time passes because I love the particular styles I've chosen and will carry them as time goes on. The great thing about this is that eventually, they will make the factory versions and I still have the fancy boutique ones.

I haven't seen any Chloe Paddingtons being carried in my neck of the woods (Canada), but that would be an interesting sight indeed. The classic LVs such as the Speedy will stay over time. I don't mind having a bag that everyone carries as long as they're not fake.

more and more i am falling for the non signature Coach items. not that i don't like monogram, i think i am just taking a break from it. the last piece i got was a patent black clutch that i love so much i got my bff one and then her and i bought one for one of our friends. their subtle gear is just great and understated.

I've observed Coach falling out of favor w/ folks that like very h/e bags, but I've always seen styles I like in various lines. I had a couple of their daypacks from about 10 years ago, just sold one that was in great condition. For resale purposes at least, their overwhelming popularity is a good thing :smile: I had alot of interest in my auction and it ended early w/ BIN. I had a leather gallery tote I sold for more than what I paid. I currently have a black/silver large Sabrina as I'd been wanting a basic black satchel, and I like it alot. I may get a grey sabrina at some point. I also like the hamptons carryall and a couple of the little bonnie bags. I don't like the signature stuff, but I don't really like signature/monogram or fabric for any style/brand of bag. That said, I live in a major city, but I don't really see alot of Coach around here, not enough to be tired of seeing it or to make me not want to purchase.

Last edited:
I'm one of those people that hate to see everyone carry the same bags. With coach and LV it's their signature stuff. As much as I think a neverfull would be useful, I wouldn't buy it just because I don't like having the same bag as everyone else. I do get tired of seeing the coach signature decked out on people head to toe, no offense to anyone. I just think you need to dial it back a little. That has turned me off on Coach. But I realize that is just me. My cousin is just getting into handbags and she loves coach, for her it works and I'm just happy she has some bags she loves. I would never knock her for her choice in brands.

That being said, the prices for some of the coach stuff has gotten ridiculous. Have you seen their new garden totes? 6K for alligator trim and 2400 for the regular leather trimmed one?!?!?! I know these aren't the norm for bags or prices but I get shocked when I see the sticker for some items.

I used to carry Coach. In fact the only bag I've left is a bleeker bucket. That tells u how old it is. It's just too abundant, and I don't feel like their styles are classic, more trendy just my opinion.