what do you think of "coach"?

Hi Hunny: I've sent you a PM with information on the shaper, organizer, Carly, and a few other things that you will appreciate viewing, I hope. Thank you for your compliments. :flowers: Once I get focussed on a topic, my fingers start flying over the keyboard and refuses to stop until my thoughts are firmly established on the screen. [Phew!]

I am not keen on the Sabrina and will probably never own one even if it is on serious clearance markdown sales. The shape doesn't thrill me and when the shoulder strap is 'activated' the bag just makes me cringe. :Push: It kind of looks like a mini gym bag and I've carried gym bags lots of times in high school to not wanting to be reminded of those gym days again. :nogood:

I will visit the Coach outlet a few more times before the Poppy line starts heading to the outlets. By then, I will put a stopper on my Coach shopping. Poppy is just not my thing. That's probably why I started getting interested in LV instead. I love the stuff I've got, but my love for LV is equal to my love for Coach. Today, I tried on a Chloe crossbody bag at a boutique and it was lovely, but I am avoiding temptation and put that bag back down.

Coach has actually pushed my interest into LV and other styles but I am firmly rooted in Coach--at least enough in the older line.

Aww you're so sweet T-Girl!! I *am* long winded and I hardly know how to cut my explanation short 'cause I prefer to have all the details in it than having to explain myself all over again :blush: I have seen your posts in various threads and I must admit that I like reading the stuffs you write too :smooch:

You know, I have never seen the leather Carly yet. I will try to Google it later. Now can you show me some pictures of your bag organizers and shappers? I am really curious as to how you actually keep your bags in shape using them!! I am kind of stupid sometimes and you gals teach me a lot on here.

I haven't been too crazy about Coach latest releases other than the Ali and Zoe lines. The colors they use for their designs are pretty dull at the moment even for their Sabrinas. I prefer their bright and fancy colored Sabrinas from earlier release. Oh and let me just add this, Sabrina is another overrated Coach design. So many people going crazy over it and I don't even want one.

As for the soon to be released Poppy line, it's seriously not piqueing much of my interest either. This line looks colorful and fun but I think it's better suited for younger gals especially the teenagers. Besides that, the stuffs from the Poppy line do look quite cheap, fake and a little tacky. The only thing that I might buy from this line is this gold wristlet (also comes in teal and blue I think) because of the fancy Coach Poppy logo design. Regardless, that's just me though. I am sure other people would love the Poppy line more than I do. Who knows? Maybe I'll get one of its totes for rainy weather use.

For one, I do own several real Coach bag.. I dont condoned in fakes. secondly, that not what meant.. What I meant was that when I go to Coach's outlet near me, there people in there would carry a fake Coach bag and buy real Coach bag..

I saw that also where people with fake bags have bought real coach bags at outlet and i totally dont understand that.

I will not say that i dont like coach but i dont see myself buying anymore coach bags. I have bought coach leather and signature. the leather bags are nice but i ended up selling all my leather bags. I am a tote type of person and Coach just does not make a nice size work/school tote in a style i want which is why i went out and bought a kate spade tote. I also find that Coach products are going to the outlets so fast that it makes you not want to spend any money b/c it will be 20% or even 50% in a couple weeks or a month. I do agree with what some of you said it makes you feel like in a "click" when you see another with your bag. I will say that the juillane totes and sabrina bags did up coach's style meter ; but i am on a break from coach. Coach or any other label for that matter is not tacky but it is how the person carries it which makes it tacky or not. I have owned various labels such as D&B, LV , Kate spade, Tumi, marc jacobs and others and I did not feel tacky when carrying MY coach bag. I just want to carry something different. I like color/variety which is why now that school is out i have been carrying D&B alot ( I will actually be using my early B-day $ and buying a D&B this week). I will say that when you do see a D&B bucket or tassel tote or D&B bag period they are always from different lines ( hardly ever noticed duplicate D&B bags out at once). I was over on 57th and lexington and as i walked down the street i saw some LV vernis bag go into desiel and then right after that another woman walked into store directly next door with same exact style bag in a different color. It was Lv vernis overload. Then another LV vernis bag this time tote on corner. Overal Buy what you want but dont call others tacky for carrying another label besides what you carry.

I know the speedy is like one of the most common bags out there but I actually do like the bag on a good day. I go back and forth thinking should i purchase this bag or not ; but as we have noticed the price does keep going up. I remember when speedy 25 was like $495 now its like $6 something and who knows after that b/c they keep going up.

I have carried a D&B bumblee bee coin purse inside of my Lv damier azur pochette and I dont think anything of it. So just because you branch out to other labels does not mean you become to "good" for a label. If some1 gave me a birkin I would have my coach agenda, D&B wristlet and maybe even a Kate spade wallet inside of it. I thought having $ gave you the options to buy whatever you wanted .

Hi Hunny: I've sent you a PM with information on the shaper, organizer, Carly, and a few other things that you will appreciate viewing, I hope. Thank you for your compliments. :flowers: Once I get focussed on a topic, my fingers start flying over the keyboard and refuses to stop until my thoughts are firmly established on the screen. [Phew!]

I am not keen on the Sabrina and will probably never own one even if it is on serious clearance markdown sales. The shape doesn't thrill me and when the shoulder strap is 'activated' the bag just makes me cringe. :Push: It kind of looks like a mini gym bag and I've carried gym bags lots of times in high school to not wanting to be reminded of those gym days again. :nogood:

I will visit the Coach outlet a few more times before the Poppy line starts heading to the outlets. By then, I will put a stopper on my Coach shopping. Poppy is just not my thing. That's probably why I started getting interested in LV instead. I love the stuff I've got, but my love for LV is equal to my love for Coach. Today, I tried on a Chloe crossbody bag at a boutique and it was lovely, but I am avoiding temptation and put that bag back down.

Coach has actually pushed my interest into LV and other styles but I am firmly rooted in Coach--at least enough in the older line.

Yeap got all the info and pictures. They are super useful and good ideas! Thanks for sharing them with me and now I shall be back on the original topic :smile:

I went to a local brand store the other day and tried on a handbag. It's like a Sabrina look-a-like and I tried it on. It was cute but really ain't my style either. I love my regular shoulder bags more than handheld bags being turned into a shoulder bag.

Since I live in Asia, I don't think I will get as much Poppy stuffs in the stores here compared to the US and Canada so that's a good thing :P I'm contemplating on getting a regular sized Zoe or Zoe Top Handle or maybe some other older Coach designs.

I don't think Coach is on a downward turn at all. I probably see more Coach bags than any others when I go shopping. I carried Coach for many years, and still have a few of the beautiful leather ones ( I gave all but one of my Coach signature bags to my daughter). I moved into LV a couple of years ago, and that's what I carry now. I don't want to offend anyone, but as to the reference to bags that "granny" carries, I AM a "granny", ( I'm called Mimi though), and I don't think I fall into the stereotypical "granny" role at all. Gone are the days of the grandmother in the house dress and apron. I work full time, travel, rock my LV's and dress, from what I'm told, very chic. I know some of you younger women can't imagine being a grandmother, but believe me, nothing really changes. We're still hip, cool, and care very much about being "today". I'm probably more comfortable with myself now than I have ever been, and I can now afford the luxuries I couldn't before. I now have weekday LV's and weekend LV's. Not to shabby for a "granny", huh?? LOL Believe me ladies, the best is yet to come.. Cheers!

I don't think Coach is on a downward turn at all. I probably see more Coach bags than any others when I go shopping. I carried Coach for many years, and still have a few of the beautiful leather ones ( I gave all but one of my Coach signature bags to my daughter). I moved into LV a couple of years ago, and that's what I carry now. I don't want to offend anyone, but as to the reference to bags that "granny" carries, I AM a "granny", ( I'm called Mimi though), and I don't think I fall into the stereotypical "granny" role at all. Gone are the days of the grandmother in the house dress and apron. I work full time, travel, rock my LV's and dress, from what I'm told, very chic. I know some of you younger women can't imagine being a grandmother, but believe me, nothing really changes. We're still hip, cool, and care very much about being "today". I'm probably more comfortable with myself now than I have ever been, and I can now afford the luxuries I couldn't before. I now have weekday LV's and weekend LV's. Not to shabby for a "granny", huh?? LOL Believe me ladies, the best is yet to come.. Cheers!
^:goodpost: Chanticleer.

To the OP, I've been collecting coach for over a year now and I love both leather and signature bags. I don't really care what other people are using. To each their own. Buy what you can afford and what makes you happy.

Although Coach isn't my favorite brand, they have great leather bags, shoes, accessories, etc. I prefer the all leather bags. I own a grey Spectator Sabrina, which I have yet to see on anyone else, and a rose patent leather Zoe. I've seen many Zoe bags but not in rose patent. I would love to see Coach bring back the original Ali and Legacy leather bags with the striped lining-those were so gorgeous (but pricey)! Many people were complaining about the high prices of those bags so I do think Coach is listening to the public and trying to keep their fanbase by selling more bags in the $250-$500 range rather than the $800 + range.

I saw that also where people with fake bags have bought real coach bags at outlet and i totally dont understand that.

I've seen people do this with other brands too, like LV, Gucci, and Marc Jacobs. It's not unique to Coach. A lot of people just don't really differentiate between real and fake. Or maybe they have/will buy a few real bags but want more than they could afford so they buy some fakes too.

I know someone with 2 LV Gallerias, her Azur one is real and her mono one is fake. She really loved this style and wanted both, but could only get one so she finally picked Azur since she had some other (real) mono bags. She also has some fake LVs and other fake bags. Well, then she came across a fake mono Galleria for like $50 or something so she bought it b/c she liked her azur one so much. They actually do look very similar when you put them side by side, the hardware and lining isn't as nice on the fake and there are some subtle differences, but you really can't tell that much.

:goodpost:

Linda

Well, as far as men's bags go (esp. messenger bags), I think Coach absolutely towers over most of the either designers in terms of their classic leather stuff (without logos!).

I am not a fan of Coach's logo-covered, stuff, but I've got a bunch of solid-colored Coach leather stuff which is awesome. The only other brands that have leather stuff I like are LV (such as Utah and Nomade) and occasionally Hermes. However, the prices of Hermes, Utah LV and Nomade LV are astronomical.

As far as other designer bags for men... I'd have to say the stuff put out by Gucci, Armani, Dolce & Gabbana, Ferragamo, Fendi, etc. is pretty heinous to be carried by a guy who's into a more "classic" look. The same goes for LV monogram. I have several monogram pieces (a keepall, an iPod case, a wallet, an agenda) but I wouldn't be caught dead with a mono messenger bag.

Also, my leather Coach stuff holds up *extremely* well and doesn't look any worse for its age.

I would think Coach is on an upward trend. I haven't carried a Coach bag in years but this past year I fell in love with three different styles (Zoe, Sabrina and Leah). Regardless, even when I didn't carry Coach I didn't consider it tacky. I just wasn't my style.

This forum has had so many threads about feelings regarding Coach, I personally think Coach has fantastic leathers, especially recently. The styles, as of late have been beautiful. So, I'm going to say Coach is at an upswing. I certainly can say that I don't like all of Coach's styles or designs but really, they have been churning out some gorgeous bags and accessories this season. Also, as a patent leather lover, I think they do gorgeous patent leather.

Attachments

• downsized_0614090745.jpg
    downsized_0614090745.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 117

Great post, Chanticleer! True style is rare when you're 17 and beauty does not end when you pass 30, or 40, or 50 or 60.