show me your citizen eco drive watch

I have 2 and have other luxury watches but my eco driven are my favorite. I like Bulova has a solar line too!
I haven't read the manual carefully but I don't think you need to do anything to charge it. Mine is running. and it seems to have other features....I'll have to read it

Last edited:
Reactions: Hurrem1001
I have 2 and have other luxury watches but my eco driven are my favorite. I like Bulova has a solar line too!
I recently returned a Bering solar watch....it had a very tricky bracelet clasp - PITA. Then I discovered to fully charge it, you had to sit it in the sun or under a light for 72 hours. That wasn't in the manual. I had to call when it stopped to ask about it. DH said go get a Citizen Eco. I decided he was right.

Bravo for starting this thread! Imho, Citizen are severely underrated. Their eco-drive technology is fabulous….never have to worry about batteries, winding, wearing, etc - just expose it to light!

I wore this 42 mm mens version for several years. The titanium makes it super lightweight despite the size. It was easy to resize the bracelet - it’s the standard method of pushing out the pins to separate the links. For reference, my wrist is just under 6 inches.

But eventually I got tired of the big watch look and wanted an automatic (the opposite of your situation lol). Now my husband wears it. I did look at Citizen’s ladies watches, and unfortunately this is where the company fails…their women’s designs are too fussy and “lady-like” for my taste. They just need to take their men’s styles and shrink them!

View attachment 5988185

I was just on their website and saw this new Super Titanium - gorgeous :loveeyes:

View attachment 5988186
what do you think of of this ladies one? 36 mm

Very nice! Obviously I love a blue dial! Are you thinking of getting another? I think the face of the men’s black one you have is more interesting. This blue one is very clean and classy.

For me personally, I’m now into smaller watches. My Longines is 29 mm and I feel it’s the perfect “Goldilocks” size (not too big, not too small) for my wrist. I haven’t seen an eco-drive under 30 mm that I’m drawn to. If they had that Super Titanium from my first post in a smaller size, that would be spectacular! But it’s also over $5K!

Very nice! Obviously I love a blue dial! Are you thinking of getting another? I think the face of the men’s black one you have is more interesting. This blue one is very clean and classy.

For me personally, I’m now into smaller watches. My Longines is 29 mm and I feel it’s the perfect “Goldilocks” size (not too big, not too small) for my wrist. I haven’t seen an eco-drive under 30 mm that I’m drawn to. If they had that Super Titanium from my first post in a smaller size, that would be spectacular! But it’s also over $5K!
I was just looking at Penneys site to see what they had. thought I might go to the local store but they don't seem to have much. that blue one is online only.

Don't think I'd pay 5k for a citizen watch. although at least it wouldn't require expensive service like my rolex.

I need to get my bracelet resized on the black watch. My DH put velcro in his to make it tighter. I like the idea of having it done properly but tried his on and you don't feel the velcro. would be at least a temporary fix.

now I'm thinking the black men's watch is too large...thinking of returning it and ordering the blue women's one above....it's the same dial size as my men's rolex - 36

Reactions: foxgal
I have a rolex watch I'm getting a bit tired of. tired of having to wear every day to keep running and the dial color is hard to read. thinking a citizen eco drive would be so convenient with no battery. My DH has one. He mostly just wears it a couple of hours a day and has it sitting indoors when not wearing. it never stops.
I'm considering this titanium one but need to try one. Not sure if it will fit and if not how difficult to size the bracelet
View attachment 5988150
It's a great watch. I have one. I know they last years. Great brand.

My old faithful. I bought it years and years ago, maybe fifteen years? I still wear it everyday, and it’s only needed a battery change once.
It has MOP dial, sapphire crystal, stainless steel strap with 18K gold accents, diamonds on bezel and watch face, date and it’s 100m wr.

Attachments

• IMG_6999.jpeg
    IMG_6999.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7002.jpeg
    IMG_7002.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Love
Reactions: foxgal and etudes