show me your citizen eco drive watch

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I have a rolex watch I'm getting a bit tired of. tired of having to wear every day to keep running and the dial color is hard to read. thinking a citizen eco drive would be so convenient with no battery. My DH has one. He mostly just wears it a couple of hours a day and has it sitting indoors when not wearing. it never stops.
I'm considering this titanium one but need to try one. Not sure if it will fit and if not how difficult to size the bracelet
1713712610752.png

Bravo for starting this thread! Imho, Citizen are severely underrated. Their eco-drive technology is fabulous….never have to worry about batteries, winding, wearing, etc - just expose it to light!

I wore this 42 mm mens version for several years. The titanium makes it super lightweight despite the size. It was easy to resize the bracelet - it’s the standard method of pushing out the pins to separate the links. For reference, my wrist is just under 6 inches.

But eventually I got tired of the big watch look and wanted an automatic (the opposite of your situation lol). Now my husband wears it. I did look at Citizen’s ladies watches, and unfortunately this is where the company fails…their women’s designs are too fussy and “lady-like” for my taste. They just need to take their men’s styles and shrink them!

309CAFDD-920F-4BB5-B20E-E8CD1E8C7636.jpeg

I was just on their website and saw this new Super Titanium - gorgeous :loveeyes:

1D9685D0-2529-4D1D-83BE-62727DE1D085.png

thank you
I'm probably going to keep my rolex. there seems to be a shortage of new ones driving the preowned market up, yet if I sell to a dealer - rather than an individual - I won't get much for it. so thinking the citizen would be a change and doesn't cost anywhere near the price of even a used rolex.

thank you
I'm probably going to keep my rolex. there seems to be a shortage of new ones driving the preowned market up, yet if I sell to a dealer - rather than an individual - I won't get much for it. so thinking the citizen would be a change and doesn't cost anywhere near the price of even a used rolex.

I don't have a Citizen, but I think it's a great idea to buy one and keep your Rolex too. I have inherited Rolexes (2, both vintage). They have sentimental value way beyond what they're worth, and mine are not models that are worth much to anyone. Usually. I wear my little JLC steel (also vintage) if I wear a watch, it doesn't draw attention to itself, keeps great time and goes with everything. I have no need for another watch but the Citizen looks good and you can pretty much relax and let the watch take care of itself.

I don't have a Citizen, but I think it's a great idea to buy one and keep your Rolex too. I have inherited Rolexes (2, both vintage). They have sentimental value way beyond what they're worth, and mine are not models that are worth much to anyone. Usually. I wear my little JLC steel (also vintage) if I wear a watch, it doesn't draw attention to itself, keeps great time and goes with everything. I have no need for another watch but the Citizen looks good and you can pretty much relax and let the watch take care of itself.
I have a vintage rolex too.....it's a ladies and small watches aren't desirable now, plus it needs repair....I wouldn't try to sell a broken watch privately....oh well

Bravo for starting this thread! Imho, Citizen are severely underrated. Their eco-drive technology is fabulous….never have to worry about batteries, winding, wearing, etc - just expose it to light!

I wore this 42 mm mens version for several years. The titanium makes it super lightweight despite the size. It was easy to resize the bracelet - it’s the standard method of pushing out the pins to separate the links. For reference, my wrist is just under 6 inches.

But eventually I got tired of the big watch look and wanted an automatic (the opposite of your situation lol). Now my husband wears it. I did look at Citizen’s ladies watches, and unfortunately this is where the company fails…their women’s designs are too fussy and “lady-like” for my taste. They just need to take their men’s styles and shrink them!

View attachment 5988185

I was just on their website and saw this new Super Titanium - gorgeous :loveeyes:

View attachment 5988186
thanks for the modeling pic....I got the watch...it is large, like yours - larger than my mens rolex. doesn't bother me and much easier to read with the black with white marks. now I have to try to get DH to remove a link or two for me. you did that yourself? my wrist is almost 7 inches. do you recall how many links you removed. I think I only had one removed from my rolex.

Reactions: Hurrem1001
thanks for the modeling pic....I got the watch...it is large, like yours - larger than my mens rolex. doesn't bother me and much easier to read with the black with white marks. now I have to try to get DH to remove a link or two for me. you did that yourself? my wrist is almost 7 inches. do you recall how many links you removed. I think I only had one removed from my rolex.

Congrats on your new watch! Yes, removing links to resize the bracelet should be do-able DIY. You just need a thin needle-like tool - like an eyeglasses screwdriver. I’ve even used a paperclip or SIM card remover, and you might need a lightweight hammer or something to lightly tamp on the needle. I’m sure there are good videos on YouTube showing how to do it. I had to remove 5 links.

• Insightful
Reactions: limom and sdkitty
Would love to see a photo!

Congrats on your new watch! Yes, removing links to resize the bracelet should be do-able DIY. You just need a thin needle-like tool - like an eyeglasses screwdriver. I’ve even used a paperclip or SIM card remover, and you might need a lightweight hammer or something to lightly tamp on the needle. I’m sure there are good videos on YouTube showing how to do it. I had to remove 5 links.
I only had to remove one link from my rolex. thought with this new watch the links were pretty big and one or two might do it. guess we'll start with one, try on and see from there. yesterday, the local jewelry repair was closed so I called JC Penney. the sales assoc in the jewelry dept said she could do it (but not for me since I didn't buy it there). I figure if she can do it, my DH can do it.

Congratulations on your purchase!!
I love my Citizen eco-drive! This is my every day watch, nothing fancy, perfect for me. This is my second eco-drive watch, replacing my first one that eventually stopped working after 30 years of almost daily use!8AF02F42-FB5A-41D3-B722-F2A80BD54E29.jpeg

Congratulations on your purchase!!
I love my Citizen eco-drive! This is my every day watch, nothing fancy, perfect for me. This is my second eco-drive watch, replacing my first one that eventually stopped working after 30 years of almost daily use!View attachment 5988825
very nice ....do you know the size of this one?
30 years - can't complain about that, esp considering the price

Reactions: Hurrem1001