Scarves Scarf of The Day 2024 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

WFH Friday but I am sparing you all my usual Astrologie dip-dye throw on and chosen Epaulettes de Gala twilly instead. Apologies, I have no spoons left for song choosing!

View attachment 5990653
Perfect pop with the t-shirt and sweater!

Happy Saturday everyone and a big thank you to @Karenska for a great week and to you all of you for the fantastic associations and enjoyable music videos and clips! :flowers: 🎶
Channeling the Disco Era this morning with Hermès Flagship tied to show the shiny disco ball and a separate photo featuring the corner vignette with the band! I invite @HermesEchidna to come up with the perfect name for them...Poseidon and the Waves? Take it away, HE!!!
View attachment 5990692
View attachment 5990684
Apologies for the very blue early morning light on the flat photo-- the mod shot shows truer colors.
Stunning colors on this LKB!

Finally have a song pairing - gonna break out the T Swift here. Pantin City and its cars and urban vibe remind me a bit of Cornelia Street. This song is such a perfect encapsulation of being unexpectedly in love. The lyrics in the first verse still make me catch my breath every time I hear them.

———
We were in the backseat,
drunk on something stronger than
the drinks at the bar
‘I rent a place on Cordelia Street,’
I say casually in the car

We were a fresh page on the desk
filling in the blanks as we go
As if the street lights pointed in an arrowhead
leading us home

And I hope I never lose you,
I hope it never ends.
I’d never walk Cornelia St again
That’s the kind of heartbreak
time could never mend.

And baby I’m so mystified by
how this city screams your name…
And baby I’m so petrified of
if you ever walk away
Never walk Cornelia St again

View attachment 5990690

Your Pantin City ties so very well!

Happy Friday all! Today's scarf is Legende Brodee, it was a pull a random scarf that needed to be worn day. Unfortunately I can't think of any song I like that I can tie to the scarf although my husband loves the Lady of Shalott song I'm sharing below.

View attachment 5990869

Went to see cherry blossoms at a local park with my friend for my "wellness day".

View attachment 5990870

Beautiful! Those cherry blossoms are amazing!

• Thanks
Reactions: mktlim
This has been a fun week (in my head). Music weeks often send me down memory lane to a full blown "I grew up listening to 80's music" nostalgia trip which I am sure you will be thankful I am mostly not sharing here since *MY* 80's musical diet consisted of Depeche Mode, Cabaret Voltaire, New Order, The Cure, The Smiths and so forth. (I still listen to all of these :lol: )

Today wearing Chorus Stellarum and listening to Oingo Boingo, Dead Man's Party. Because what else would this chorus sing? :lol:

It's a dead man's party.
Who could ask for more?
Everybody's coming leave your body at the door.
Leave your body and soul at the door.

chorusmusic.jpg

Not wearing Sur Mon Nuage but it's currently on my Evie. The giraffe is singing Blancmange "Living on the Ceiling"

"I'm so tall, I'm so tall...." :whistle:

eveienuage.jpg

Glorious Tfp!

I’m wearing New Orleans today.

View attachment 5990732

Now for a little jazz with Lil Hardin Armstrong, one of the jazz greats who is named on the scarf.

Fabon you Rbh!

SOYD was Peuple du vent. Some of you may already know the beautiful Roma music of Ando Drom, especially with Mitsou. She has one of the most amazing voices I know.

View attachment 5990795View attachment 5990796
So stunning Agrume!

Shout out to @Jereni (twin!) for showing me this beautiful scarf pairing with pink.
I could not style this one in a way that I loved, and had placed it in my rehoming pile.

Today, I am ecstatic to have found a way!

View attachment 5990859

And I even found a selfie "song"... who knew?

I am so glad you found a way to style this because it looks fantastic this way paired with this soft dusty pink.

Favorite scarf = A Few of My Favorite Things!

Jardin a Sintra
View attachment 5990911

Beee-you-tee-ful Cookie!!! I remember being taken to the theater to see SofM when I was little.

I have time today and I’m kind of going wild w music theme scarves! 🤣🤣😍 it’s a scarf party going on here!! Here’s Le Premier Chant, then SOTD for LKBNOLA Elefteria in green ( thanks for asking me to post 😇😻), some music elements of the Soirée de Gala ( I put my pearls on for that fancy soirée ,hahaha), and La Danse des Amazones in 3 cw with LP record w artist logo, so sweet).

Attachments

• 37D58F0F-3565-406D-8D02-7A646185DBD4.jpeg
    37D58F0F-3565-406D-8D02-7A646185DBD4.jpeg
    283.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 8EA613AB-B484-405D-B537-677474E3BB41.jpeg
    8EA613AB-B484-405D-B537-677474E3BB41.jpeg
    393.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 7DA90F8C-5084-43A6-919E-17F9CB374430.jpeg
    7DA90F8C-5084-43A6-919E-17F9CB374430.jpeg
    490.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 0C5B4B43-B56E-4E95-B461-DA4C5374479D.jpeg
    0C5B4B43-B56E-4E95-B461-DA4C5374479D.jpeg
    322.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 3D8F75C7-3630-41F4-B05C-7FE65CD4C6F4.jpeg
    3D8F75C7-3630-41F4-B05C-7FE65CD4C6F4.jpeg
    310.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 9A22AA72-F3BC-4ABF-81FD-B240FFDD3A5B.jpeg
    9A22AA72-F3BC-4ABF-81FD-B240FFDD3A5B.jpeg
    372.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 3CEFEC35-6DD1-49BD-B467-6C6683C6CA9F.jpeg
    3CEFEC35-6DD1-49BD-B467-6C6683C6CA9F.jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 122A6AB4-D441-4DAD-9BCB-6099D60C58B0.jpeg
    122A6AB4-D441-4DAD-9BCB-6099D60C58B0.jpeg
    311.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 71BF3307-7915-4777-AFDB-C2C7D7A68771.jpeg
    71BF3307-7915-4777-AFDB-C2C7D7A68771.jpeg
    334.5 KB · Views: 44
  • C8896F07-DBE7-43C5-B5A7-E7DEF92FC232.jpeg
    C8896F07-DBE7-43C5-B5A7-E7DEF92FC232.jpeg
    301.3 KB · Views: 42
  • E3FEAECF-D248-40FF-AA56-F48F6B2833F7.jpeg
    E3FEAECF-D248-40FF-AA56-F48F6B2833F7.jpeg
    378.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 7CE89333-E4E3-4AF1-B20F-8265BD80C989.jpeg
    7CE89333-E4E3-4AF1-B20F-8265BD80C989.jpeg
    458 KB · Views: 31
Oh my scarfie friends, I am so far behind!!! THIRTY-NINE PAGES!! Oof! I’ll catch up, I hope, but meanwhile a little proof of life… with scarf, of course!

Today’s scarf is Per Astra Ad Astra:
IMG_5775.jpeg

And now for some True Confessions… with a silly outcome:

I must shamefully admit that before this week, I had never had a salon manicure. Insane, I know! Pedicures, oddly yes… but manicure, no. It’s a combo of many reasons, the top ones being I bite my nails terribly, so it seemed a waste, and another is that I hate sitting still for any amount of time. Haircuts are torture to me!!

So anyway, I pick a place, get an appointment, and then the dreaded “pick your color.” Ah HA - I knew that was coming at least, from my prior pedi experience. I knew I wanted something fun, bright but light, not a proper bubblegum pink but maybe a toned down version. Well, it seems there is a break in the continuum from “why-even-bother-pink” to “wow-that’s-pink.” Gah.

So, I think I find a subtle bright color. As the manicurist starts applying it, she says, “oh… pretty!”

I glance down. “Yes, it’s nice.” Then I see it…. “Is it sparkly?!?!?” Uh, YEP. Sparkly, bubblegum pink, unicorn princess nails… sigh!

Well, my coworkers got a laugh, so I think you should too! Worn with La Vallee de Cristal, of course!!!
IMG_5783.jpeg

PS, they painted my cuticles too… no extra charge!!!! 🤣

IMG_5787.jpeg

Oh my scarfie friends, I am so far behind!!! THIRTY-NINE PAGES!! Oof! I’ll catch up, I hope, but meanwhile a little proof of life… with scarf, of course!

View attachment 5991129

I must shamefully admit that before this week, I had never had a salon manicure. Insane, I know! Pedicures, oddly yes… but manicure, no. It’s a combo of many reasons, the top ones being I bite my nails terribly, so it seemed a waste, and another is that I hate sitting still for any amount of time. Haircuts are torture to me!!

So anyway, I pick a place, get an appointment, and then the dreaded “pick your color.” Ah HA - I knew that was coming at least, from my prior pedi experience. I knew I wanted something fun, bright but light, not a proper bubblegum pink but maybe a toned down version. Well, it seems there is a break in the continuum from “why-even-bother-pink” to “wow-that’s-pink.” Gah.

So, I think I find a subtle bright color. As the manicurist starts applying it, she says, “oh… pretty!”

I glance down. “Yes, it’s nice.” Then I see it…. “Is it sparkly?!?!?” Uh, YEP. Sparkly, bubblegum pink, unicorn princess nails… sigh!

Well, my coworkers got a laugh, so I think you should too! Worn with La Vallee de Cristal, of course!!!
View attachment 5991130

View attachment 5991131
Dear Mary An G, you look great! Manicure and all! Could you please share the how you tied PAAA scarf? I love it! Did you use the scarf ring? I have a Mai Tai app but didn’t see this tie.
Happy weekend to all

It's beautiful in white/navy, Agrume!

Glorious Tfp!

Fabon you Rbh!

So stunning Agrume!

I am so glad you found a way to style this because it looks fantastic this way paired with this soft dusty pink.

Beee-you-tee-ful Cookie!!! I remember being taken to the theater to see SofM when I was little.
Thank you, dear Croisette and Bunnycat ! :flowers:

Reactions: Croisette7
This has been a fun week (in my head). Music weeks often send me down memory lane to a full blown "I grew up listening to 80's music" nostalgia trip which I am sure you will be thankful I am mostly not sharing here since *MY* 80's musical diet consisted of Depeche Mode, Cabaret Voltaire, New Order, The Cure, The Smiths and so forth. (I still listen to all of these :lol: )

Today wearing Chorus Stellarum and listening to Oingo Boingo, Dead Man's Party. Because what else would this chorus sing? :lol:

It's a dead man's party.
Who could ask for more?

View attachment 5990947

Not wearing Sur Mon Nuage but it's currently on my Evie. The giraffe is singing Blancmange "Living on the Ceiling"

View attachment 5990948

Excellent music taste. Scarf and Evie plus twilly are beautiful.

Well, today is Saturday so I have a "bonus" theme day as I thought our week ended yesterday! My scarf selection today is Tatouages Marins bandana CSGM. There is no "story behind" this design as of yet, but the center of the shawl features legendary perils and mythical creatures faced by the seafarers of old-- the kraken, the reefs of peril, the island of bears, the Chariot of Neptune, pirates, mermaids and so on such as might be the subject of sailors' tattoos (hence the title). My musical association for this piece has to be the sea shanty. My family used to love a radio program called The Hudson River Sampler hosted by Wanda Fischer (I believe @Karenska will know it!) and through this program we spent many Saturday mornings listening to folk artists such as The Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem singing these rhythmic old songs of the sea.
By way of example, here's Nathan Evans singing his immensely popular cover of "The Wellerman".

Tatouages Marins Bandana.jpg
And again, thank you to @Karenska for a wonderful week!

Last edited:
Well, today is Saturday so I have a "bonus" theme day as I thought our week ended yesterday! My scarf selection today is Tatouages Marins bandana CSGM. There is no "story behind" this design as of yet, but the center of the shawl features legendary perils and mythical creatures faced by the seafarers of old-- the kraken, the reefs of peril, the island of bears, the Cahriot of Neptune, pirates, mermaids and so on such as might be the subject of sailors' tattoos (hence the title). My musical association for this piece has to be the sea shanty. My family used to love a radio program called The Hudson River Sampler hosted by Wanda Fischer (I believe @Karenska will know it!) and through this program we spent many Saturday mornings listening to folk artists such as The Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem singing these rhythmic old songs of the sea.
By way of example, here's Nathan Evans singing his immensely popular cover of "The Wellerman".

And again thank you to @Karenska for a wonderful week!
View attachment 5991242

I love everything about this shawl, LKB. I enjoyed this rendition of “The Wellerman” and especially the knowledge that with my percussion background I could indeed play the guitar, just like Nathan Evans.

SOYD was Peuple du vent. Some of you may already know the beautiful Roma music of Ando Drom, especially with Mitsou. She has one of the most amazing voices I know.

View attachment 5990795View attachment 5990796
I love this @Agrume. I was your twin but now my DD has possession of this and I only have visitation rights... I loved the music you paired with it, too-- gorgeous.
Shout out to @Jereni (twin!) for showing me this beautiful scarf pairing with pink.
I could not style this one in a way that I loved, and had placed it in my rehoming pile.

Today, I am ecstatic to have found a way!

View attachment 5990859

And I even found a selfie "song"... who knew?

This looks wonderful paired with that jacket @Forever Orange! Truly inspired and so glad it came off the rehome pile!
Favorite scarf = A Few of My Favorite Things!

Jardin a Sintra
View attachment 5990911

A favorite song, a favorite scarf -- wonderful @Cookiefiend. We must all know this one by heart, right? Raindrops on roses...
Stunning colors on this LKB!

It's a dead man's party.
Who could ask for more?

View attachment 5990947

View attachment 5990948
Both you and your Evie look wonderful @bunnycat! (and thank you for the Flagship compliment, too!)
I have time today and I’m kind of going wild w music theme scarves! 🤣🤣😍 it’s a scarf party going on here!! Here’s Le Premier Chant, then SOTD for LKBNOLA Elefteria in green ( thanks for asking me to post 😇😻), some music elements of the Soirée de Gala ( I put my pearls on for that fancy soirée ,hahaha), and La Danse des Amazones in 3 cw with LP record w artist logo, so sweet).
Oh, my what a great array of loveliness-- beautiful Soiree de Gala and the Eleftheria looks amazing with your pearls and your beautiful curls @Helena7. I never ever really focused on that LP record on the Amazones! Thank you for pointing it out. I love the details on. the designs...

View attachment 5991129

View attachment 5991130

View attachment 5991131
Well that is one to cross off your bucket list @Mary Ann G! You look great in both scarves and sparkles and I am intrigued also by your tie on Ad Astra!
Today with Soirée de Gala CSPM

View attachment 5991210
Gorgeous in CSPM and lovely with this jacket and brooch @Croisette7.