Scarves Scarf of The Day 2024 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Good morning!
What a wonderful week of gorgeous scarves worn and brilliant musical connections made.
Today not a particular melody or neither a pun from me but a reflection on the existence of musique and poetry at large.

From Danish author Hans Chr Andersen’s story “The Phoenix Bird” from 1850 (English translation by Jean Hersholt) :

“Phoenix bird! Don't you know him? The bird of paradise, the holy swan of song? He sat on the car of Thespis, like a chattering raven, flapping his black gutter-stained wings; the swan's red, sounding beak swept over the singing harp of Iceland; he sat on Shakespeare's shoulder, disguised as Odin's raven, and whispered, "Immortality!" into his ear; and at the minstrels' feast he fluttered through the halls of the Wartburg.

Phoenix bird! Don't you know him? He sang theMarseillaise to you, and you kissed the feather that fell from his wing; he came in the glory of paradise, and perhaps you turned away from him toward the sparrow that sat with gold tinsel on its wings.” (Read the rest on https://andersen.sdu.dk/vaerk/hersholt/ThePhoenixBird.html)

So now, with the weekend rising from the fuming ashes of the week I wear my Mythiques Phoenix as sotd

View attachment 5990623

Wish you all a soaring weekend!
Outstanding!!! That cw is especially beautiful on you and the literary reference is wonderful :heart:

Very sweet of you to say @Helena7-- as for the Acte III really only works with just a fold because it is so colorful (but wonderfully so!). I am your twin also with the blue Orphee and wore it on Tuesday but did not post--- I love the vignettes you showed!

OMG-- this is terribly dangerous @HermesEchidna! A Scarfie Parlor Game-- create a band title from your scarf design... I adore the BBourg corners also!

This dip dye is gorgeous @Croisette7-- and for our theme...thinking Samba or The Girl from Ipanema...

That Maxfield Parrish is astonishing @Karenska!

I am so glad you found one! The artwork on this is amazing to me @mktlim. And your mom's favorite song suits it perfectly.

The Mystère au 24 is very charming @Jereni. Love your stack-- so very pretty.
Thanks for saying that about your experience w Acte III in that cw. I felt the same. I love the colors but didn’t wear it at almost all because I didn’t find the right knot and it felt like too much… Now, I’ll wear it!….. Also, in regards to your other comment on my photo w huge stack of H boxes, I’m happy to share pics of what’s inside. 😄🙌
I loved your and someone else’s pic of 140 Elefteria in green / white. Isn’t it gorgeous? 😍😍 I couldn’t decide between green/ white and blue/ pink so I got both.
It’s funny but when I was in Vienna museum last August and I was wearing Elefteria blue/ pink cw, I realized when standing in front of Chagall painting that the cw of the scarf matched the painting so much that I felt like I was a part of it.

Attachments

• 64A46118-3CBF-41A8-9041-615BB751B054.jpeg
    64A46118-3CBF-41A8-9041-615BB751B054.jpeg
    363.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 34B9FA05-D3A6-4ABF-8CE6-7986EBF76128.jpeg
    34B9FA05-D3A6-4ABF-8CE6-7986EBF76128.jpeg
    196.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 0E33F5F0-686A-4AD7-ABD4-37C745A2332A.jpeg
    0E33F5F0-686A-4AD7-ABD4-37C745A2332A.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 26
Oh my!! I’m having so much fun here reading all the posts and looking at beautiful scarves that last night I couldn’t fall asleep for hours, cause I was so so happy and ‘scarf high’ 🤪🤪🤪🤣🤣🤣thinking about everyone’s scarves, colors and patterns!
I’m still learning how to reply to many in one post, so I’m not posting too much.
But here are my music scarves for today's post:
W.A Mozart scarf and 3 different cw’s of Carnival! I had to have them all. 😇🤣I bought yellow border one in Paris a year ago, then pink at the duty free months later and black border / blue Im wearing today in SF boutique, because I’m so pretty 😻. Oh my! I’m so high on this beauty! They make me so happy.
Happy scarf time , dear ladies 🥰🙌
Gorgeous! Scarf sisters on Carnaval!
Simon & Garfunkel’s Scarborough Fair with Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme.

View attachment 5990600

Beautiful Maedi!
Good morning!
What a wonderful week of gorgeous scarves worn and brilliant musical connections made.
Today not a particular melody or neither a pun from me but a reflection on the existence of musique and poetry at large.

From Danish author Hans Chr Andersen’s story “The Phoenix Bird” from 1850 (English translation by Jean Hersholt) :

“Phoenix bird! Don't you know him? The bird of paradise, the holy swan of song? He sat on the car of Thespis, like a chattering raven, flapping his black gutter-stained wings; the swan's red, sounding beak swept over the singing harp of Iceland; he sat on Shakespeare's shoulder, disguised as Odin's raven, and whispered, "Immortality!" into his ear; and at the minstrels' feast he fluttered through the halls of the Wartburg.

Phoenix bird! Don't you know him? He sang theMarseillaise to you, and you kissed the feather that fell from his wing; he came in the glory of paradise, and perhaps you turned away from him toward the sparrow that sat with gold tinsel on its wings.” (Read the rest on https://andersen.sdu.dk/vaerk/hersholt/ThePhoenixBird.html)

So now, with the weekend rising from the fuming ashes of the week I wear my Mythiques Phoenix as sotd

View attachment 5990623

Fabulous HE!
So pretty, bunnycat!
Thank you Croisette!

The colors are exquisite Croisette!

Happy Saturday everyone and a big thank you to @Karenska for a great week and to you all of you for the fantastic associations and enjoyable music videos and clips! :flowers: 🎶
Channeling the Disco Era this morning with Hermès Flagship tied to show the shiny disco ball and a separate photo featuring the corner vignette with the band! I invite @HermesEchidna to come up with the perfect name for them...Poseidon and the Waves? Take it away, HE!!!
4.26.24.jpg
Poseidon and the Waves?.jpg
Apologies for the very blue early morning light on the flat photo-- the mod shot shows truer colors.

Last edited:
Thanks for saying that about your experience w Acte III in that cw. I felt the same. I love the colors but didn’t wear it at almost all because I didn’t find the right knot and it felt like too much… Now, I’ll wear it!….. Also, in regards to your other comment on my photo w huge stack of H boxes, I’m happy to share pics of what’s inside. 😄🙌
I loved your and someone else’s pic of 140 Elefteria in green / white. Isn’t it gorgeous? 😍😍 I couldn’t decide between green/ white and blue/ pink so I got both.
It’s funny but when I was in Vienna museum last August and I was wearing Elefteria blue/ pink cw, I realized when standing in front of Chagall painting that the cw of the scarf matched the painting so much that I felt like I was a part of it.
Wow, that is an amazing scarf-on-site @Helena7!!! I would love to see green/white Eleftheria on you! It is so helpful and inspirational to see how people style their silks!

• Love
Reactions: Helena7
Oh my!! I’m having so much fun here reading all the posts and looking at beautiful scarves that last night I couldn’t fall asleep for hours, cause I was so so happy and ‘scarf high’ 🤪🤪🤪🤣🤣🤣thinking about everyone’s scarves, colors and patterns!
I’m still learning how to reply to many in one post, so I’m not posting too much.
W.A Mozart scarf and 3 different cw’s of Carnival! I had to have them all. 😇🤣I bought yellow border one in Paris a year ago, then pink at the duty free months later and black border / blue Im wearing today in SF boutique, because I’m so pretty 😻. Oh my! I’m so high on this beauty! They make me so happy.
GORgeous Mozart @Helena7!!!

• Love
Reactions: Helena7
Good morning!

View attachment 5990623

Wonderful Andersen tale and scarf @HermesEchidna!
Oh, this is so lovely! I have it on my Wish List to add a cw with the border and I love these colors @Corisette7! Beautiful.

Your scarf enthusiasm is so endearing! I feel the same way on this thread. Love that too colorway of Carnival des Animaux, I’m less familiar with that one and I like the border.

• Love
Reactions: Helena7 and LKBNOLA
Finally have a song pairing - gonna break out the T Swift here. Pantin City and its cars and urban vibe remind me a bit of Cornelia Street. This song is such a perfect encapsulation of being unexpectedly in love. The lyrics in the first verse still make me catch my breath every time I hear them.

———
We were in the backseat,
drunk on something stronger than
the drinks at the bar
‘I rent a place on Cordelia Street,’
I say casually in the car

We were a fresh page on the desk
filling in the blanks as we go
As if the street lights pointed in an arrowhead
leading us home

And I hope I never lose you,
I hope it never ends.
I’d never walk Cornelia St again
That’s the kind of heartbreak
time could never mend.

And baby I’m so mystified by
how this city screams your name…
And baby I’m so petrified of
if you ever walk away
Never walk Cornelia St again

IMG_0595.jpeg

Gorgeous! Scarf sisters on Carnaval!

Beautiful Maedi!

Fabulous HE!

Thank you Croisette!

The colors are exquisite Croisette!
Thank you, bunnycat!
Happy Saturday everyone and a big thank you to @Karenska for a great week and to you all of you for the fantastic associations and enjoyable music videos and clips! :flowers: 🎶
Channeling the Disco Era this morning with Hermès Flagship tied to show the shiny disco ball and a separate photo featuring the corner vignette with the band! I invite @HermesEchidna to come up with the perfect name for them...Poseidon and the Waves? Take it away, HE!!!
View attachment 5990692
View attachment 5990684
Apologies for the very blue early morning light on the flat photo-- the mod shot shows truer colors.
It's very pretty on you!
Wonderful Andersen tale and scarf @HermesEchidna!

Oh, this is so lovely! I have it on my Wish List to add a cw with the border and I love these colors @Corisette7! Beautiful.
Thank you, LKB ... I hope it comes very soon to you!

• Love
Reactions: LKBNOLA
  • Love
Reactions: Maedi
Finally have a song pairing - gonna break out the T Swift here. Pantin City and its cars and urban vibe remind me a bit of Cornelia Street. This song is such a perfect encapsulation of being unexpectedly in love. The lyrics in the first verse still make me catch my breath every time I hear them.

———
We were in the backseat,
drunk on something stronger than
the drinks at the bar
‘I rent a place on Cordelia Street,’
I say casually in the car

We were a fresh page on the desk
filling in the blanks as we go
As if the street lights pointed in an arrowhead
leading us home

And I hope I never lose you,
I hope it never ends.
That’s the kind of heartbreak
time could never mend.

And baby I’m so mystified by
how this city screams your name…
And baby I’m so petrified of
if you ever walk away
Never walk Cornelia St again

View attachment 5990690

Wonderful @Jereni! I am spending the weekend taking care of a toddler Swiftie -- her favorite song is "Welcome to Yew Nork." It has been quite amazing to watch that young woman's astonishing journey--she has a gift for the lovelorn ballad...

• Thanks
Reactions: Maedi and Jereni