Scarves Scarf of The Day 2024 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Most video games have their own music. I’m old enough that MY games were Space Invaders and Pac-Man. But everyone may have their own. Sharing Super Silk Quest, and everyone can fill in your own favorite gaming soundtrack.
Ha! I remember sitting at Pizza Hut playing them in the old sit down style arcade. I feel so old now! Love your SSQ!
It’s cold and wet here in the Pacific Northwest. CSGM weather.

View attachment 5990457
We’ve had Debussy already this week and in this tie I briefly considered Holst’s The Planets series. Saturn would probably best suit the ringed planet featured here, but it’s a little somber. Mercury, then, the winged Roman version of Hermes? This movement is definitely more lively, but not fitting my mood today.
Instead, I’m taking a little detour to 1999 for Toploader and Dancing in the Moonlight. Written in 1970 by Sherman Kelly and a hit for King Harvey in 1973, the reissued version by Toploader went platinum in the UK. Surprisingly true to the King Harvest version!

Beautiful!
Casual day out today puttering around and catching up with errands.
SOTD Feux de route.

View attachment 5990468
Gorgeous on you!
Oooh I love this colorway 💕
Yes! So springy and cheerful.
So pretty! Love the soothing colors.

You are just radiant in this!
Thank you Jereni!
"I’m old but I listen :lol: "-- this cracked me up @textilegirl. Ditto. Love your CSGM, too. Why is it still so cold? On Cape Cod Bay we had cold winds and mid-forties...

This scarf is the perfect rendition of a sunrise @Cookiefiend! I don't sleep on flights either...but it makes for some wonderful quiet moments of delight up there amid the "tumult of the clouds"...

Congratulations @Awillow-- what a lovely and unusual color-- it suits you perfectly!

Thank you @Cookiefiend! I like the contrast between the serene colorway and the wackiness of the scene!

Thank you @Spencer007-- I think you are referring to Eleftheria by Elias Kafouros, a 140 GS. It is beautiful in the brushwork and very impressionistic in style!

So nice to see her back and on your neck as beautiful as ever @Jereni!

Cutie Patootie @Redbirdhermes-- looks like you are both having a great tme...

This cw is wonderful on you @bunnycat!

Twins @piperdog-- this ties like a dream and so versatile...

The shawl is stunning @Lellabelle but so is this beautiful mod shot and your magnificent hair!

Thank you @CedarWaxWing -- I know we are often drawn to the same designs and colors! My only hard and fast rule for this one was the cat had to be black... :winkiss:

For @CedarWaxWing and wth thanks to @mktlim for the flat photo of her wonderful cw, I am sharing a link to my post of last September which includes some more info about this compelling design and a link to some really cool TPF detective work which resulted n a positive identification of the Henry Smith, Sailor, who is the subtitle of "Marine Naïve." I fell down that rabbit hole and found the whole story fascinating! (post #13535)
Thank you LKB!

I hope I made no mistakes, as I am on my phone again this evening.

• Love
Reactions: piperdog and Jereni
Oh my!! I’m having so much fun here reading all the posts and looking at beautiful scarves that last night I couldn’t fall asleep for hours, cause I was so so happy and ‘scarf high’ 🤪🤪🤪🤣🤣🤣thinking about everyone’s scarves, colors and patterns!
I’m still learning how to reply to many in one post, so I’m not posting too much.
But here are my music scarves for today's post:
W.A Mozart scarf and 3 different cw’s of Carnival! I had to have them all. 😇🤣I bought yellow border one in Paris a year ago, then pink at the duty free months later and black border / blue Im wearing today in SF boutique, because I’m so pretty 😻. Oh my! I’m so high on this beauty! They make me so happy.
Happy scarf time , dear ladies 🥰🙌

Attachments

• 9407DE0A-0DEF-498B-9ED8-9EA6A516CC16.jpeg
    9407DE0A-0DEF-498B-9ED8-9EA6A516CC16.jpeg
    423.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 845D189E-F093-43C1-ACFC-09DD34011555.jpeg
    845D189E-F093-43C1-ACFC-09DD34011555.jpeg
    269.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 3C67AD38-755E-4755-B171-025A010566A3.jpeg
    3C67AD38-755E-4755-B171-025A010566A3.jpeg
    371.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 79340374-A856-44A8-B9DB-000BC890D947.jpeg
    79340374-A856-44A8-B9DB-000BC890D947.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 39
  • B7ABC776-0137-4B14-8B92-AD14BA948048.jpeg
    B7ABC776-0137-4B14-8B92-AD14BA948048.jpeg
    303.1 KB · Views: 34
Thank you, CedarWaxWing, I hope you acquire it someday soon! I liked all the cws of this design when it was issued. Yes, that pink Cosmo was refreshing, sitting in that beautiful space surrounded by windows overlooking Independence abd Washington Square Parks. A perfect afternoon stop after walking all over the place.
View attachment 5990197
The restaurant is located in the magnificent Curtis Publishing Company building which houses a most spectacular artwork by Maxfield Parrish, The Dream Garden, a huge mosaic mural made of over 100,000 pieces of fevrile glass set by Tiffany Studios.

View attachment 5990194View attachment 5990195
Wow! That is spectacular.

• Love
Reactions: Karenska
Meanwhile, it’s still waaay too chilly for almost May so I’m somewhat bundled up in my L’Ombrelle Magique CSGM. The Hollies’ Bus Stop

And for the younger scarfies, I would have posted Rihanna’s Umbrella but it’s not one of my favorites of hers; just sayin’, I’m old but I listen :lol:

Such great colors in L’ombrelle and excellent song association.

• Thanks
Reactions: textilegirl
It suits you so well, Maedi!
Thank you, dear @Croisette7
.Wow @Maedi, I love this!!! I’ve been contemplating a second cw of this design as I stare out of the window in my solitary confinement cell on Ban Island….
Would you consider the pink? If I remember you have the beautiful black and natural cw.
this is SO pretty on you and a most excellent music choice!

Thank you sweetheart - it is s lovely design! :hugs:

ooooo - how I love this song! My favorite version is the Peter, Paul, and Mary. :heart:
this is stunning on you Maedi!

Wow!!! So beautiful!

Oh dear.... I LOL'ed! I love it! I can't wait to see what else you think of! :popcorn:

how beautiful - what lovely colors!

aaahhhhhh.... the peacefulness of these colors... :love:

Beautiful!
and - ahem - I had that LP... :lol:
(still love the song!)

Gorgeous Jereni! Scarf and stack are perfect colors!
Thank you. I love this timeless song, too.

Good morning!
What a wonderful week of gorgeous scarves worn and brilliant musical connections made.
Today not a particular melody or neither a pun from me but a reflection on the existence of musique and poetry at large.

From Danish author Hans Chr Andersen’s story “The Phoenix Bird” from 1850 (English translation by Jean Hersholt) :

“Phoenix bird! Don't you know him? The bird of paradise, the holy swan of song? He sat on the car of Thespis, like a chattering raven, flapping his black gutter-stained wings; the swan's red, sounding beak swept over the singing harp of Iceland; he sat on Shakespeare's shoulder, disguised as Odin's raven, and whispered, "Immortality!" into his ear; and at the minstrels' feast he fluttered through the halls of the Wartburg.

Phoenix bird! Don't you know him? He sang theMarseillaise to you, and you kissed the feather that fell from his wing; he came in the glory of paradise, and perhaps you turned away from him toward the sparrow that sat with gold tinsel on its wings.” (Read the rest on https://andersen.sdu.dk/vaerk/hersholt/ThePhoenixBird.html)

So now, with the weekend rising from the fuming ashes of the week I wear my Mythiques Phoenix as sotd

IMG_8283.jpeg

Wish you all a soaring weekend!

• Thanks
Reactions: Maedi
Thank you, dear @Croisette7

Would you consider the pink? If I remember you have the beautiful black and natural cw.

Thank you. I love this timeless song, too.
I actually had a planned visit to the boutique yesterday and in a moment of near instant enabling (that never happens here, right?! :lol:) went straight for it at the scarf counter! Had it looked as lovely on me as it does on you we would be twins. Alas, the Gods had other plans and I’m back in the naughty corner where I’m so often found. Apparently I never learn (or it’s the aerosolized crack). :lol:

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Maedi and LKBNOLA