REAL HOUSEWIVES of NEW YORK {RHoNY}

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am quite curious why Carole chose to do the show. She has money, had a best seller and great career already, why does she need this invasion of privacy?

Maybe to create buzz around her upcoming pilot/show? Besides, ever since we "(re)discovered" who she was by her appearance on the show, her book sales have regained ground. I find most of these women are using Bravo as their personal product-hocking device...er, PR.

That was sort of mean to set up Ramona like that. Luann needs some class

But it was still funny. I couldn't help but laugh.

ok, i had to watch the latter re-run so i could watch "The Closer." so now i'm all caught up: i really didn't think LuAnn and Jaques "set her up" when giving Ramona the wine test, i think it was merely fun at a wine party, i bet there were serveral other guests who played the same game. i think Aviva and Ramona are going to make it a big deal when it shouldn't be.

Maybe to create buzz around her upcoming pilot/show? Besides, ever since we "(re)discovered" who she was by her appearance on the show, her book sales have regained ground. I find most of these women are using Bravo as their personal product-hocking device...er, PR.

definitely think this is the only reason Carole agreed, to push her book and it's up-coming show.

I'm going to preface this by acknowledging that I know pronunciation of French is very difficult for most native speakers of American English. BUT for a woman who carries herself so highly-- having been married to a French/Swiss Count, having lived in Europe for many years-- I had no idea LuAnn's French sounded SO ATROCIOUS. You would think that with all the exposure she's had (overseas experience, married to and dating french men) and how "classy" and "European" she carries herself you would think she sounded a little more "native." Not PERFECTLY native but not...how....she sounds. I think the greatest compliment I ever received from my French professors was, "Your accent is very good. You don't sound like an American at all." :P

That makes me wonder about her Italian. Luann is SO phony! And she's such an impossible hypocrite! In spite of my issues with Carole, I hope Carole really takes her down...maybe not Bad Girls style, but with a better accent or better clothes or better connections. Carole's book was about a genuine tragedy and a true love story with her husband, whereas Luann's book and CD are about the superficial topics of what she thinks is fashionable or proper. What a huge difference! I can't blame Carole for being upset and I don't think it has to do with titles. I think it has to do with that Carole AND her prince hubby actually worked for a real salary for a real news agency...Luann flits about with her fake title, which was actually only a favor done to her husband's ancestor, yet she acts like she's somehow developed penicillin or written the Great French Novel or whatever else... Luann needs to retreat to the Hamptons and stay there.

That makes me wonder about her Italian. Luann is SO phony! And she's such an impossible hypocrite! In spite of my issues with Carole, I hope Carole really takes her down...maybe not Bad Girls style, but with a better accent or better clothes or better connections. Carole's book was about a genuine tragedy and a true love story with her husband, whereas Luann's book and CD are about the superficial topics of what she thinks is fashionable or proper. What a huge difference! I can't blame Carole for being upset and I don't think it has to do with titles. I think it has to do with that Carole AND her prince hubby actually worked for a real salary for a real news agency...Luann flits about with her fake title, which was actually only a favor done to her husband's ancestor, yet she acts like she's somehow developed penicillin or written the Great French Novel or whatever else... Luann needs to retreat to the Hamptons and stay there.

Seriously, for a woman who wrote the book on "class," I was surprised when she said the eyebrow waxing experience "Hurt like a b---." Not very Countess-like! Besides, her husband's family title was more of an honour/courtesy title. Carole's husband's family is LEGITIMATELY aristocratic...oh! And the "dress borrowing" thing! Ugh!

Last edited:
That was sort of mean to set up Ramona like that. Luann needs some class

I don't think Ramona really got it though at first. She thought she was impressing everyone. Luanne's bf did come off like a jerk. Aviva didn't need to get Ramona worked up over it. She really is just a gossip and pot stirrer. She doesn't offer anything interesting. It does look like she will soon be fighting with Ramona though.

Speaking of LuAnn's language skills, I cringe every time I hear her opening tag line. She says something like, "for some people, living elegant just comes naturally." Well Ms.LuAnn, you are using a word to describe a verb (living) so an adverb should be used, not an adjective. It should be "elegant-LY." You're welcome. :wave:

According to People.com, LuAnn might have cheated on Jacques when the girls went to St. Barts. There's a clip of the girls talking about it there.
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20613971,00.html

"Il ne peut pas dire qu'il était là hier soir avec moi"

LuAnn's french accent is terrible....

Looks like she cheated. Why can't he tell he was with her? She's hiding something. I can't wait for that episode!

I think Carole is so used to everyone having the same political beliefs as her in her industry and social circles that she doesn't realize how ridiculous and intolerant she sounds when she makes statements about **********s.

She is such an elitist. :tdown:

I also can't wait to see what happens with that! Although I'm sure we'll never know because who would admit to cheating, especially when you're so "elegant" and "classy."

"Il ne peut pas dire qu'il était là hier soir avec moi"

LuAnn's french accent is terrible....

Looks like she cheated. Why can't he tell he was with her? She's hiding something. I can't wait for that episode!

I think Carole is so used to everyone having the same political beliefs as her in her industry and social circles that she doesn't realize how ridiculous and intolerant she sounds when she makes statements about **********s.

She is such an elitist. :tdown:

that statement bothered me and i'm not even a ********** ... it just sounded so snotty. i was disappointed in Carole.

Last edited:
well, Ramona is all over the wine tasting event in her blog. once Aviva put her two cents in Ramona decided it was sneaky and mean of LuAnn to try to trick her. i honestly didn't see it that way when i watched it ... i thought it was a game, all done in good fun. these women can't do or say anything to each other without the one of them getting their feelings hurt or their ego squeezed.

Status
Not open for further replies.