REAL HOUSEWIVES of NEW YORK {RHoNY}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sinful Indulgences said:
My concern is she may not get many or any offers from these "wealthy" men! Sonja is no spring chicken anymore. These rich, old men usually like the young model/actress types, eg., Mohammid in RHOBH has a beautiful "model" girlfriend. Sonja cannot compete with these sweet, young things! It's imperative that she gets her business going and make a living for herself. I'm an optimist at heart, I think she will eventually find the right man.

I was wavering between posts about Sonja and I think this is probably the most likely of the bunch. Yes she's provocative and fun but in her circle, a bit long in the tooth, no? So she perhaps is trying to market herself.

I can only imagine that the men in her old circle have come to realize that she may be a liability.

I was wavering between posts about Sonja and I think this is probably the most likely of the bunch. Yes she's provocative and fun but in her circle, a bit long in the tooth, no? So she perhaps is trying to market herself.

I can only imagine that the men in her old circle have come to realize that she may be a liability.

I totally concur! She is trying to market herself, but finding a man in her circle is extremely small, almost nil! She has been around the block a few times, men in her age group want some sweet, young thing as a trophy girlfriend, Sonja does not fulfill that requirement or role.

From the man's point or view, she is more of a liability than anything else because she is quite a bit older than their usual 20 year-olds, has more baggage and can't give them much in return. She also has expensive habits and taste. Be that as it may, I still think there's someone out there for her. Not some middle-aged guy going though a mid-life crisis, but a man who is secure in his own skin and can appreciate a more mature woman who is not "perfect", but has a wonderful sense of joie de vivre about her!

Sonja had a fling with a painter a season or two ago, he is much younger than her. I don't blame her, after so many years with her ex, she deserves a break! :P She also hooked up with Aviva's ex, Harry, who's around her age. I guess age isn't a big deal to her. However, she might feel differently about a serious relationship, don't know!

Last edited:
Sonja had a fling with a painter a season or two ago, he is much younger than her. I don't blame her, after so many years with her ex, she deserves a break! :P She also hooked up with Aviva's ex, Harry, who's around her age. I guess age isn't a big deal to her. However, she might feel differently about a serious relationship, don't know!

i got the impression the fling with the painter (Brian something) was for the cameras.

Sonja seems way more into the painter than he seemed. I think he was there for the promotion of his art, Sonja does have connections, and the TV show. Sonja seems quite 'man crazy' and most likely doesn't say no to any offers.

But I think she is madly looking for someone to offer her the lifestyle she yearns for.
I hope that's possible for her, some older rich man that wants a bit more than just arm candy.

Sonja seems way more into the painter than he seemed. I think he was there for the promotion of his art, Sonja does have connections, and the TV show. Sonja seems quite 'man crazy' and most likely doesn't say no to any offers.

But I think she is madly looking for someone to offer her the lifestyle she yearns for.
I hope that's possible for her, some older rich man that wants a bit more than just arm candy.

I get the sense that she was kind of into him on a personal level, but it was definitely a two-way street for both of them. He gets the exposure and promotion and she gets the hunk and a bit of fun!

Yep, she's definitely looking for someone who could offer her the lifestyle she used to have. It's a tough market out there for a woman her age. It'll take some time (maybe a long time), but I think she can do it. I'm interested to see how it goes with Aviva's dad. Most likely nothing will happen, but you never know...

i got the impression the fling with the painter (Brian something) was for the cameras.

Probably both! :smile:

Awww, I love seeing all the love for Sonja. Where do I buy the "Team Sonja" shirt???

Sonja is happy about this lovefest as well:

rhony-sonjadance.gif

I love how tolerant Sonja is, especially as she puts up with Ramona's many moods. And I think she's enjoying the "royal wars," too, just as Heather is! And yeah, that Birkin of Sonja's was GORGEOUS!!!

Carole seems somewhat phony to me. I like that she's putting Luann in her proper place, but seriously, both women married a title. My guess is that they don't mind sleeping around, but not marrying. Luann would lose her courtesy title, though I don't know if Carole would.

But on the other hand, Carole shows up at an Occupy rally, and then wonders if she's a One Percenter? Is she kidding? She's freaking ROYALTY!!! I somehow think that qualifies as a One Percenter... And then she didn't want to talk to that one guy if he were a **********, though he turned out to be a Dem. to me, that says she is desperate to pretend like she's just one of the folks, when she knows damn well she's not. Playing croquet in a gown a fur vest? And this chick shows up at an Occupy rally?

Carole needs to get a clue and just be herself rather than pretending she's more pedestrian than she really is. But I still want her to keep up the assault on Luann!

I love how tolerant Sonja is, especially as she puts up with Ramona's many moods. And I think she's enjoying the "royal wars," too, just as Heather is! And yeah, that Birkin of Sonja's was GORGEOUS!!!

Carole seems somewhat phony to me. I like that she's putting Luann in her proper place, but seriously, both women married a title. My guess is that they don't mind sleeping around, but not marrying. Luann would lose her courtesy title, though I don't know if Carole would.

But on the other hand, Carole shows up at an Occupy rally, and then wonders if she's a One Percenter? Is she kidding? She's freaking ROYALTY!!! I somehow think that qualifies as a One Percenter... And then she didn't want to talk to that one guy if he were a **********, though he turned out to be a Dem. to me, that says she is desperate to pretend like she's just one of the folks, when she knows damn well she's not. Playing croquet in a gown a fur vest? And this chick shows up at an Occupy rally?

Carole needs to get a clue and just be herself rather than pretending she's more pedestrian than she really is. But I still want her to keep up the assault on Luann!

that came across as really rude to me. if i invited my family and 20 people that i know the best over to my house for a get together half would be one party and half the other party. someone's political affiliations does not put them in a catagory that prohibits me from liking them or being their friend, or in Carole's case in speaking to them at someone else's party.

Are we talking the conversation she had with the hot Turkish dude when they were out for drinks? If so, I don't know; if I found out that a guy that I was interested in dating was a **********, it would probably give me pause. I have a couple friends who may not share my same political beliefs, but I think dating is a different animal.

As far as the parody goes, that was frickin' hilarious--"Hey, Carole! Will you please stop f---ng my husband!"

Last edited:
that came across as really rude to me. if i invited my family and 20 people that i know the best over to my house for a get together half would be one party and half the other party. someone's political affiliations does not put them in a catagory that prohibits me from liking them or being their friend, or in Carole's case in speaking to them at someone else's party.

Have you read many of the comments posted after her July 2nd Blog? Many people commented on her horror that her date may be a ********** and the look on her face when he mentioned Governor Rick Perry. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.