Paula's Ibiza

So we went down for a short pre-see of the collection… the fruit squeeze bags and the one woven from rope are all available to buy in store but the prices are just madness. The fruit squeeze bags are going at S$10k each! And the larger rope woven piece is a jaw dropping S$12k! I fail to see what justifies the markup given there’s virtually zero leather on the whole bag and it’s even unlined. So much so I almost choked on the water our SA served us. Lol.

View attachment 5981762
View attachment 5981763
View attachment 5981769

Saw a good bunch of the raffia bags but none really impressed me. The puzzle totes are nice BUT I felt they came with usability issues. As they are woven raffia, they fold down ok but when you’re actually opening up the bags the angles stick out at all sorts of weird jutting angles that I simply couldn’t tame. Instant fail IMO. The raffia puzzle is very pretty in person but I’m not really in the market for another small puzzle currently.
View attachment 5981764View attachment 5981766View attachment 5981767

Several other interesting things include a whole new category of “dice charms” called pins which essentially works like earrings on raffia bags - the backing is a screw in piece. There’s also a new strap that must be purchased together with at least one pin charm, that allows you to attach two of these charms. Cute but I’m not fully sold on the concept at this point, plus the pin charms cost the same as the larger metal dices.

View attachment 5981765View attachment 5981768

Also tried on the owl bag but as usual the strap is fixed and is way too short on me entirely. So that’s that.

In the end we only pulled the trigger on several dice - yes I did get the pink frog hahaha - and a few tees.
Hi, do you feel like the raffia tote if stored not folded but maybe stuffed could take a better shape over time?

Hi, do you feel like the raffia tote if stored not folded but maybe stuffed could take a better shape over time?
I think raffia is likely to become slouchier over time but I believe they have some “boning” in the raffia puzzle tote that keeps it stiffer.

We have been invited for some in store activity this Sunday, picking up our orders as well. Will try to take a look at the raffia stuff again!

Reactions: Wibwob and Joke
Sounds an exciting event in Taiwan!

---------------------------------------------------------

When LOEWE releases Paula's Ibiza series, it means that summer is approaching and we are ready to enjoy the sunshine and have a good vacation. This year, in addition to various clothing accessories, what is even more surprising is the opening of a limited-time "night market" in Taipei's Xinyi District, combining it with a Taiwanese party The frenetic vitality of the Spanish island of Ibiza is open to the public for reservation registration. You can eat, drink, play games, and enjoy unique art and wonderful performances. Grab your friends and sign up quickly to start the carnival mode.

From April 26th to April 28th, LOEWE will hold Paula's Ibiza Night Market at the Weishow Atrium Plaza in Xinyi, Taipei. Online reservations have been opened, let's go and play together!

LOEWE Paula's Ibiza Night Market
Date: April 26 to April 28, 2024
Location: Xinyi Vishow Atrium Plaza (No. 18, Songshou Road, Xinyi District, Taipei City)
How to participate:
April 18 to 25, 2024, via Register with the LOEWE LINE official account link to reserve your seat for the event from April 26 to 28 from 4 pm to 10 pm.
Registration link: https://loewe.prod.linebot-tech.com

------------------------------------------------
Source in Chinese: https://fashion.ettoday.net/news/2723116#ixzz8Xu78cJMU

Reactions: _jlv and Joke
Hi there! There’s no additional boning in the raffia puzzle totes so I think eventually it should slouch quite a bit once it’s seasoned.

These three puzzle totes all have minimal stuffing in them but the angular parts are quite firm still.

IMG_8690.jpeg
IMG_8689.jpeg
IMG_8691.jpeg

OMG there's a pink donut chain! I love it bc pink and super cute and sentimental reasons--my kiddo loves pink donuts, not strawberry donuts, just pink donuts as she says! I don't see any pink leather bags currently online other than the bracelet pouch. Just curious, what you guys would pair this with? Older pink loewe bag? Another color (white? green? blue? lavender?) plus one the pink flamingo bag charm? I love what somebody posted in the CNY collection when they had the spring jade puzzle with the spring jade donut chain and the jade dragon dice charm so I was thinking pink, pink, pink.

Edit: I have the Spirited Away mint mini flamenco, the HMC Heen sky blue mini puzzle and the Suna Fujita panda bottle green mini flamenco. Any thoughts on those with this pink donut strap?
1000002515.jpg1000002516.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mochiblure and Joke