Paula's Ibiza

Also tried on the owl bag but as usual the strap is fixed and is way too short on me entirely. So that’s that.

In the end we only pulled the trigger on several dice - yes I did get the pink frog hahaha - and a few tees.

Is the owl bag approximately the same size as the blowfish from last year?

How was the chameleon charm (and pink bird?) - are they acrylic...

Is the owl bag approximately the same size as the blowfish from last year?

How was the chameleon charm (and pink bird?) - are they acrylic...
Yes about the same size but a little taller due to the way the bird is sitting vs the fish. I think it’s very cute but not for me sadly.

The charms are indeed plastic similar to the Chinese new year “jade” charms which still make me feel they aren’t worth the price. We bought the metal chameleon dice instead.

Dice “pins” are interesting. I have the personalization stopper to hang my dice on and it’s always coming loose. Almost lost calcifer that way. I hope the pin backs are sturdy enough to not come loose!

• Insightful
Reactions: Joke
Dice “pins” are interesting. I have the personalization stopper to hang my dice on and it’s always coming loose. Almost lost calcifer that way. I hope the pin backs are sturdy enough to not come loose!
This one does seem to screw in quite deep so it feels more secure than the personalization stopper. I lost my scarecrow dice thanks to the stopper. Loewe replaced the stopper base but didn’t replace the dice sadly.

This one does seem to screw in quite deep so it feels more secure than the personalization stopper. I lost my scarecrow dice thanks to the stopper. Loewe replaced the stopper base but didn’t replace the dice sadly.
Ugh noo, I always wanted to see if anyone had the same issue with the stopper. Seems like a design flaw tbh. I’m sorry you lost your dice :sad: I had to get into a habit of checking it frequently whenever I wear it now. Maybe I’ll just tape it down lol

Ugh noo, I always wanted to see if anyone had the same issue with the stopper. Seems like a design flaw tbh. I’m sorry you lost your dice :sad: I had to get into a habit of checking it frequently whenever I wear it now. Maybe I’ll just tape it down lol
I never got round to using it again (and I think the replacement stopper was a deeper screw base) because I still suffered from PTSD just even adding another dice to it. Haha.

So we went down for a short pre-see of the collection… the fruit squeeze bags and the one woven from rope are all available to buy in store but the prices are just madness. The fruit squeeze bags are going at S$10k each! And the larger rope woven piece is a jaw dropping S$12k! I fail to see what justifies the markup given there’s virtually zero leather on the whole bag and it’s even unlined. So much so I almost choked on the water our SA served us. Lol.

View attachment 5981762
View attachment 5981763
View attachment 5981769

Saw a good bunch of the raffia bags but none really impressed me. The puzzle totes are nice BUT I felt they came with usability issues. As they are woven raffia, they fold down ok but when you’re actually opening up the bags the angles stick out at all sorts of weird jutting angles that I simply couldn’t tame. Instant fail IMO. The raffia puzzle is very pretty in person but I’m not really in the market for another small puzzle currently.
View attachment 5981764View attachment 5981766View attachment 5981767

Several other interesting things include a whole new category of “dice charms” called pins which essentially works like earrings on raffia bags - the backing is a screw in piece. There’s also a new strap that must be purchased together with at least one pin charm, that allows you to attach two of these charms. Cute but I’m not fully sold on the concept at this point, plus the pin charms cost the same as the larger metal dices.

View attachment 5981765View attachment 5981768

Also tried on the owl bag but as usual the strap is fixed and is way too short on me entirely. So that’s that.

In the end we only pulled the trigger on several dice - yes I did get the pink frog hahaha - and a few tees.
Do you have additional photos of the new brass dice charms? The toucan looks so cute omg

Do you have additional photos of the new brass dice charms? The toucan looks so cute omg
Sorry only took one photo! But there were only four that she showed us - the chameleon, the pink frog, the watermelon and the toucan. Yes the toucan one is quite cute! Wanted to get more but the price increase on these made me hesitate. They are now S$210 - 290 each, up from S$180 - 230…

Our SA also said that the toucan bag charm is a Singapore exclusive but I doubt it’s true. It’s probably a Singapore exclusive in the Southeast Asia region or at best Asia.

Reactions: _jlv and runtywendo
Sorry only took one photo! But there were only four that she showed us - the chameleon, the pink frog, the watermelon and the toucan. Yes the toucan one is quite cute! Wanted to get more but the price increase on these made me hesitate. They are now S$210 - 290 each, up from S$180 - 230…

Our SA also said that the toucan bag charm is a Singapore exclusive but I doubt it’s true. It’s probably a Singapore exclusive in the Southeast Asia region or at best Asia.
No problem, thank you for sharing! Those price increases sound atrocious omg. But Loewe did actually decrease the price of the Paula Ibiza metal dice charms in USA a few months after the initial release last year, surprisingly. Not sure what the business reason was and not that I purchased at the lower price lol, but fingers crossed we get lucky again this year

Reactions: _jlv
So we went down for a short pre-see of the collection… the fruit squeeze bags and the one woven from rope are all available to buy in store but the prices are just madness. The fruit squeeze bags are going at S$10k each! And the larger rope woven piece is a jaw dropping S$12k! I fail to see what justifies the markup given there’s virtually zero leather on the whole bag and it’s even unlined. So much so I almost choked on the water our SA served us. Lol.

View attachment 5981762
View attachment 5981763
View attachment 5981769

Saw a good bunch of the raffia bags but none really impressed me. The puzzle totes are nice BUT I felt they came with usability issues. As they are woven raffia, they fold down ok but when you’re actually opening up the bags the angles stick out at all sorts of weird jutting angles that I simply couldn’t tame. Instant fail IMO. The raffia puzzle is very pretty in person but I’m not really in the market for another small puzzle currently.

Several other interesting things include a whole new category of “dice charms” called pins which essentially works like earrings on raffia bags - the backing is a screw in piece. There’s also a new strap that must be purchased together with at least one pin charm, that allows you to attach two of these charms. Cute but I’m not fully sold on the concept at this point, plus the pin charms cost the same as the larger metal dices.

I love the puzzle😩what was the pricing like for it?

View attachment 5981762
View attachment 5981763
View attachment 5981769

do you happen to have photos of the new dice?