Paula's Ibiza

this year's collection will be dropping on 18 April!

I'm so excited!

Reactions: _jlv
The owl/parrot bag is so cute! The neon colors for the regular bags actually look quite good too, but nothing really screams must get for me right now (luckily).
I am fearful that the sneak peak cuties means there’s gonna be a must-have - like how the hippo just got snuck in there last year (production issues aside)

Reactions: karmatic
There's quite a few pieces shown here:

These look adorable:

View attachment 5980285

These birds are so cute! I love bright pink and orange together. I also like the woven fruit charms - especially the dragonfruit(?) - and the lime raffia bags. And the leaf insect!

I do not need any charms …

The only good thing is it hides the inherent ugliness of the squeeze bag handle. (I assume from sales that it doesn’t bother others, but to me it looks like an upholstered part of a car interior.)

• Haha
Ah yeah. That’s really…impractical lol. Also I think that red one is a strawberry and the green one is a watermelon.
Ah ok that makes a lot more sense why there are fringes on the handle! LOL. See. So badly done until I can’t identify the fruit. Also the photo of the kiwi? Soursop? Squeeze bag sitting on top of a durian is all sorts of weird - like what fruit exactly are you trying to emulate? Are there even durians in Ibiza? LOL

• Haha
Why does it seem there's always a more comprehensive preview on Japanese websites?

Why does it seem there's always a more comprehensive preview on Japanese websites?

Thank you for the link, I love the Paula's ibiza blouses and glad to see I can look for another addition

Reactions: Gluecksbringer
So we went down for a short pre-see of the collection… the fruit squeeze bags and the one woven from rope are all available to buy in store but the prices are just madness. The fruit squeeze bags are going at S$10k each! And the larger rope woven piece is a jaw dropping S$12k! I fail to see what justifies the markup given there’s virtually zero leather on the whole bag and it’s even unlined. So much so I almost choked on the water our SA served us. Lol.

IMG_8628.jpeg
IMG_8629.jpeg
IMG_8635.jpeg

Saw a good bunch of the raffia bags but none really impressed me. The puzzle totes are nice BUT I felt they came with usability issues. As they are woven raffia, they fold down ok but when you’re actually opening up the bags the angles stick out at all sorts of weird jutting angles that I simply couldn’t tame. Instant fail IMO. The raffia puzzle is very pretty in person but I’m not really in the market for another small puzzle currently.
IMG_8630.jpegIMG_8632.jpegIMG_8633.jpeg

Several other interesting things include a whole new category of “dice charms” called pins which essentially works like earrings on raffia bags - the backing is a screw in piece. There’s also a new strap that must be purchased together with at least one pin charm, that allows you to attach two of these charms. Cute but I’m not fully sold on the concept at this point, plus the pin charms cost the same as the larger metal dices.

IMG_8631.jpegIMG_8634.jpeg

Also tried on the owl bag but as usual the strap is fixed and is way too short on me entirely. So that’s that.

In the end we only pulled the trigger on several dice - yes I did get the pink frog hahaha - and a few tees.