Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
Coming in with a success story!! 😍

Had my appointment with my SA (this was pre-booked) and we had an enjoyable time catching up, looking at the RTW stocks, browsing through FJ and homeware items.

We spent slightly over an hour shopping together and after I had everything I wanted check-listed, the magic question came up at a time when I least expected it! Trust me, by that time, I was literally screaming inside!!

My SA asked for my bag size preferences, type of hardware, type of leather and asked for a range of colors that I would be open to, so that she would have a wider bandwidth to work from! Then the waiting game began!

Shortly after, she came out and bellowed me to follow her and I was brought into a private room where 3 orange boxes were placed. By the size of the boxes, I knew exactly what they were!!

My SA asked which box I wanted to see first and we started off with the bigger boxes! They were a B25 and a K25 (both of which were the exact specs that I had told her were on my wishlist).

When it came to the last box, I knew exactly what it was - a Mini Kelly! While she slowly unveiled the bag, I was in a state of disbelief. I had heard so many stories of how hard it was to score a MK and thought it wouldn’t be possible to score one in my desired specs.

Lo and behold, my SA delivered exactly what I wished for, a MK gold on gold!

Sharing my success story here to let all my fellow Hermes lovers know that dreams do come true in Paris! 🫶🏻🫶🏻

On a side note, while I was shopping, DH and I saw many queuing up at the leather desk asking for cancellations and were rejected. My SA informed me that FSH will not be open on the 8th and 9th, only Sevres will open on the 8th, and Georg V will be open on the 9th.

Sending all fellow H lovers luck and love! ❤️
Congrats! How long have you been shopping with this SA and approximately what else did you purchase at that appointment?

Congrats! How long have you been shopping with this SA and approximately what else did you purchase at that appointment?
Thank you @acrowcounted for reading my mind 🥰. Do tell @thebirkinkellygirl 🙏
Thank you @acrowcounted for the love 🫶🏻❤️

I’ve been shopping with my SA for a year now and I got a couple of RTWs, couple twillies that weren’t available at my home store and a scarf that DH fancied during this trip.

Although my SA didn’t outrightly mention, she seemed to hint that unlike pre-Covid times, pre-spend these days do matter and that the Parisian stores/SAs/SMs do want to see their clients exhibit loyalty and love for the brand by buying from a range of items instead of being a one off client.

Have you guys had any success stories in Paris? @acrowcounted @hbr

Thank you @acrowcounted for the love 🫶🏻❤️

I’ve been shopping with my SA for a year now and I got a couple of RTWs, couple twillies that weren’t available at my home store and a scarf that DH fancied during this trip.

Although my SA didn’t outrightly mention, she seemed to hint that unlike pre-Covid times, pre-spend these days do matter and that the Parisian stores/SAs/SMs do want to see their clients exhibit loyalty and love for the brand by buying from a range of items instead of being a one off client.

Have you guys had any success stories in Paris? @acrowcounted @hbr
Thank you for sharing! I’m curious about how you were able to secure an appt in advance. I’ve been working with my SA in Paris for about 8 years and she always tells me to come to the store (FSH) and ask for her. If she’s there and not with another client she can see me. But, unfortunately that hasn’t worked for a while.
I’ve had my share of success at FSH but I’ve definitely noticed it’s become a lot harder to get an appt even when one has a SA with whom they’ve worked with for a long time.

Thank you for sharing! I’m curious about how you were able to secure an appt in advance. I’ve been working with my SA in Paris for about 8 years and she always tells me to come to the store (FSH) and ask for her. If she’s there and not with another client she can see me. But, unfortunately that hasn’t worked for a while.
I’ve had my share of success at FSH but I’ve definitely noticed it’s become a lot harder to get an appt even when one has a SA with whom they’ve worked with for a long time.
My SA tells me to drop her a text 2 weeks in advance before I’m due to arrive in Paris, which is exactly what I do.

She doesn’t reply quickly but when she does, I am given a time slot on a specific day to look for her.

Have you perhaps considered switching to a different SA to work with? I have also heard of many SA stories where it’s a hit/miss and it definitely takes time to cultivate a relationship with a Paris SA, much like finding a significant other. 🙁

My SA tells me to drop her a text 2 weeks in advance before I’m due to arrive in Paris, which is exactly what I do.

She doesn’t reply quickly but when she does, I am given a time slot on a specific day to look for her.

Have you perhaps considered switching to a different SA to work with? I have also heard of many SA stories where it’s a hit/miss and it definitely takes time to cultivate a relationship with a Paris SA, much like finding a significant other. 🙁
I’ve only communicated with her via email. She hasn’t given me her cell but perhaps I will ask next time!

Thanks for all the info! Enjoy your new treasures ❤️

Reactions: thebirkinkellygirl

That's what I do too. I What'sApp my SA 2-3 months in advance when I know my travel plans, and we set a date and time (usually at opening.) He tells me he puts it in his calendar and then I confirm 2-3 weeks in advance. This is how we've done it the last 3 trips.

Coming in with a success story!! 😍

Had my appointment with my SA (this was pre-booked) and we had an enjoyable time catching up, looking at the RTW stocks, browsing through FJ and homeware items.

We spent slightly over an hour shopping together and after I had everything I wanted check-listed, the magic question came up at a time when I least expected it! Trust me, by that time, I was literally screaming inside!!

My SA asked for my bag size preferences, type of hardware, type of leather and asked for a range of colors that I would be open to, so that she would have a wider bandwidth to work from! Then the waiting game began!

Shortly after, she came out and bellowed me to follow her and I was brought into a private room where 3 orange boxes were placed. By the size of the boxes, I knew exactly what they were!!

My SA asked which box I wanted to see first and we started off with the bigger boxes! They were a B25 and a K25 (both of which were the exact specs that I had told her were on my wishlist).

When it came to the last box, I knew exactly what it was - a Mini Kelly! While she slowly unveiled the bag, I was in a state of disbelief. I had heard so many stories of how hard it was to score a MK and thought it wouldn’t be possible to score one in my desired specs.

Lo and behold, my SA delivered exactly what I wished for, a MK gold on gold!

Sharing my success story here to let all my fellow Hermes lovers know that dreams do come true in Paris! 🫶🏻🫶🏻

On a side note, while I was shopping, DH and I saw many queuing up at the leather desk asking for cancellations and were rejected. My SA informed me that FSH will not be open on the 8th and 9th, only Sevres will open on the 8th, and Georg V will be open on the 9th.

Sending all fellow H lovers luck and love! ❤️
Congrats. What were the two other options?

You’d think the 8 years you’ve been shopping with her would be long enough to cultivate a relationship. Geez!!!🙄
Exactly!! She’s always so sweet and attentive when I do see her but I think I need to be a little more persistent! I’m gonna ask for her cell info again. Worse case she says no 🙈

Exactly!! She’s always so sweet and attentive when I do see her but I think I need to be a little more persistent! I’m gonna ask for her cell info again. Worse case she says no 🙈
we've worked with SAs before who actually prefer email. so that could be the case with her. 🤷‍♀️
and I have friends who successfully make appointments with their FSH SA's via email as well.
maybe she's super busy? 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Reactions: LKNN
we've worked with SAs before who actually prefer email. so that could be the case with her. 🤷‍♀️
and I have friends who successfully make appointments with their FSH SA's via email as well.
maybe she's super busy? 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
I do email her and she does respond, however, she insist that she’s no longer “allowed” to make appointments in advance and that the rules have changed. Maybe she just is blowing me off and has more important clients to schedule.

Sharing my success story here! I am so happy because since 3 years ago, every year we go to Paris, we always return with bag(s)!

This time we were not specifically looking for a bag, just browsing through fine jewelry section at Sevres. Our SA was so nice and fun to talk to. It was Saturday near closing time and he kindly asked us to take more time to think about the fine jewelry piece since it’s really expensive and he doesn’t want us to regret purchasing it. He went to the back to meet the SM and informed us he can hold the jewelry until Monday end of day.

Monday afternoon we texted him and returned to Sevres to purchase the jewelry. Lo and behold, it was mistakenly sold to another customer and it was the last piece they have globally (because it’s a limited edition piece. Looking at us disappointed, he asked if there’s anything else we would like to get.

I mentioned I am looking for constance slim in either rouge h / rouge sellier color and he immediately checked the stock and he returned only with one box of constance slim in gold. I asked my SA if he has any wallet (even Calvi is fine) with rouge h / rouge sellier color, but he said no. I debated it for awhile with my husband and ended up saying okay because gold is neutral.

Then my SA mentioned, let me try something for you… He went back for around 10-15 minutes (we’re sipping champagne while waiting for him) and he returned with a bigger box. I gasped because I know it’s a bag!

He opened the box and showed me the most beautiful bag I have ever seen… K25 sellier in rouge H chevre with brushed gold hardware. It comes with SO stamp so I assumed the person who requested the SO rejected the bag? Anyway it means my win!!!

IMG_2196.jpeg