Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
I go to Paris next week and I can’t get an appointment :sad:

I had an appointment last year and got a b25 but this time it’s really difficult to even get an appt! I emailed the sa I had last year too and didn’t hear back. I think they’re really cracking down on giving out in Paris so sad. Makes it a lot more unrealistic of ever getting one when it’s virtually impossible to get the prespend in the UK!

Seems like it’s step one in combating resellers (or at least of manipulating things such that the resale market stays as high priced as possible). When the only way to get bags is by prespending 2-5x, reselling for 2x doesn’t seem as savvy. I do feel like we are seeing much better success for Paris clients though, who have a relationship and regularly spend (akin to the rest of the world).
I feel what’s disheartening though is a lot of the people selling to the resellers are the VIPs and VVIPs who get access to these bags and above the QB limit and a la carte because of the quantum they spend.

I agree about the Paris clients though which is good for them as more products available to them!

Seems like it’s step one in combating resellers (or at least of manipulating things such that the resale market stays as high priced as possible). When the only way to get bags is by prespending 2-5x, reselling for 2x doesn’t seem as savvy. I do feel like we are seeing much better success for Paris clients though, who have a relationship and regularly spend (akin to the rest of the world).
In this case, Paris will be moving to the same concept that most of our "home" stores have, where building relationships and pre-spend are prereqs. While this may indeed benefit local clientele, this will not be much of a help for international shoppers who largely opted for Paris due to challenges obtaining coveted bags in their home stores.

Reactions: Crapples
In this case, Paris will be moving to the same concept that most of our "home" stores have, where building relationships and pre-spend are prereqs. While this may indeed benefit local clientele, this will not be much of a help for international shoppers who largely opted for Paris due to challenges obtaining coveted bags in their home stores.
Sounds like it still benefits corporate Hermes so makes sense to me. They’ve also seemingly been on a kick of encouraging clients to shop their home regions (which from a business stand point makes perfect sense to me. How can you figure out which resources to allocate to which venues until people start filling in the data by shopping at home?) it’s kind of a chicken and egg situation, if people want their home stores to get more inventory, they need to shop their home stores to show that the stores need the inventory. At the end of the day, people need to understand that maximizing revenue is Hermes’ chief goal; not “making it easiest for someone to get their dream bag”.

At the end of the day, people need to understand that maximizing revenue is Hermes’ chief goal; not “making it easiest for someone to get their dream bag”.
I 100% agree that Hermes's goal is to continue to be a highly profitable business and making bags more desirable and less accessible is part of that strategy. I am not sure, though, that Hermes once figured out the stats/data around home stores demand will start shipping more QBs there, rather, maybe home and RTW.

It is likely that you need to be on a WiFi network within France.
This month I was able to get in the lottery system and request an appointment while I was on local wifi in Edinburgh. It appears you can get in the lottery as long as you’re on a local wifi and you’re in Europe or the UK. I know it says you’re blocked if you try from the US.

Amazingly, I got an appointment confirmation after one attempt. However, I was there during Fashion Week and my appointment was Monday morning at 10:30 so no shipments had arrived yet that morning and it seems all quota bags sold on Saturday. The SA who helped me really took the time to try and find something for me. He offered me a black Epsom mini bolide. It was not my dream bag so I turned it down. I knew somebody would really want it.

Last year I was lucky enough to get appointments in April and September and did manage to get a Kelly each visit.

It’s always disappointing to walk away without the bag you really want but I knew I couldn’t expect success every time. Will try when I’m in Paris again.

Good luck to all who are lucky to get that appointment.

This month I was able to get in the lottery system and request an appointment while I was on local wifi in Edinburgh. It appears you can get in the lottery as long as you’re on a local wifi and you’re in Europe or the UK. I know it says you’re blocked if you try from the US.

Amazingly, I got an appointment confirmation after one attempt. However, I was there during Fashion Week and my appointment was Monday morning at 10:30 so no shipments had arrived yet that morning and it seems all quota bags sold on Saturday. The SA who helped me really took the time to try and find something for me. He offered me a black Epsom mini bolide. It was not my dream bag so I turned it down. I knew somebody would really want it.

Last year I was lucky enough to get appointments in April and September and did manage to get a Kelly each visit.

It’s always disappointing to walk away without the bag you really want but I knew I couldn’t expect success every time. Will try when I’m in Paris again.

Which store did u get appt at this month?

Totally feel you on the disappointment of getting an appointment and still no bag... I tried forever to get one, and to be offered nothing close to what I wanted was so sad :'(

Reactions: 114
I was in Paris in October of 2023. Some info to share :
I have a pretty solid purchase history and have an SA that I've been working with for about 8 years and visit 1-2x a year. The past few years it has become increasingly difficult to aquire an appt through the online system. I used to be able to email my SA and get an appt but that is not longer an option. In fact, the past few years I've not been able to get an appt through lottery but rather walking in and asking for an appt. It has worked out most of the time but despite having a "regular" SA, I don't always get to work with her when I'm there.

Basically, I was told that FSH does't function like other Hermes stores. The connection and loyalty to the SA is not a requirement. I was told that they now have a new policy where they want to maximize the customer service experience so they no longer have clients work with the same SA's. They make it random so it's fair for everyone and it levels the playing field, so to speak. I was also told that bc they want to offer as many people an opportunity to buy a coveted bag, if one does get a leather appt, they will most likely be offered something. They really do want to make the clients happy and so they have to be mindful about how many appts they give daily. They really want to avoid clients being disappointed and walking away empty handed.

I was also told that Constance is not a QB and the best time to ask for a walk in appt is around 12pm once they have a sense of how many SAs are available for the day and how many appts they can accommodate.

All of this was relayed to be by a long standing SA who has been there for over 10 years and seemed to me to have a high position within the leather department.

Hope this is helpful!

I was in Paris in October of 2023. Some info to share :
I have a pretty solid purchase history and have an SA that I've been working with for about 8 years and visit 1-2x a year. The past few years it has become increasingly difficult to aquire an appt through the online system. I used to be able to email my SA and get an appt but that is not longer an option. In fact, the past few years I've not been able to get an appt through lottery but rather walking in and asking for an appt. It has worked out most of the time but despite having a "regular" SA, I don't always get to work with her when I'm there.

Basically, I was told that FSH does't function like other Hermes stores. The connection and loyalty to the SA is not a requirement. I was told that they now have a new policy where they want to maximize the customer service experience so they no longer have clients work with the same SA's. They make it random so it's fair for everyone and it levels the playing field, so to speak. I was also told that bc they want to offer as many people an opportunity to buy a coveted bag, if one does get a leather appt, they will most likely be offered something. They really do want to make the clients happy and so they have to be mindful about how many appts they give daily. They really want to avoid clients being disappointed and walking away empty handed.

I was also told that Constance is not a QB and the best time to ask for a walk in appt is around 12pm once they have a sense of how many SAs are available for the day and how many appts they can accommodate.

All of this was relayed to be by a long standing SA who has been there for over 10 years and seemed to me to have a high position within the leather department.

Hope this is helpful!
This is interesting but doesn’t track with the recent experiences of quite a few of our other forum members who shop FSH mostly remotely with one SA and then visit 1-2 times a year and easily get appointments with their SA and several quota bags to choose from. I wonder how they pick and choose.