Which of these would you pick?

• Leather Gel

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Leather Cream

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Leather Wax

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've got a neon blue small Bayswater double zip tote. Would the Collonil gel or spray be best to protect and waterproof it? I initially thought the spray as it UV protects which the gel doesn't but then I read a forum post online (admittedly a few years old) which said using it on coloured leathers changes the colour and wasn't recommended. Can anyone advise if this is correct? Should I just use the gel?

Thanks in advance.
In my experience, anything can change the colour of coloured leather especially if there's an underlying stain. Usually the leather will look patchy when you apply the product but will dry back to uniform colour. That isn't to say the colour won't change, though! To be sure not to change or lift colour, use solvent free products. The plus side of using a sprayable prduct is that you'll be able to apply a thin, even coating with the least risk of changing colour. Some leathers don't take well to spray products, though: I have a polished calf leather bag which got horrible droplets on the surface from a spray but luckily I was able to rub them off with a microfiber cloth. The downside of gels/lotuons is that it's not easy to apply an even coat especially if the leather has dried up. To sum up, the safest for your bag is maybe to use the spray first and then make sure your bag doesn't dry up in the long run :smile:

Hi all

Help please!!

Has anyone ever had a problem with inking on Bayswaters (or any other type of mulberry bag) leaking onto their bag?

I have never had this problem until yesterday. I was caught in a heavy downpour yesterday and my Black Forest bays (my avatar) - which I rarely use - got wet but I put it in a carrier bag to protect it asap. Anyway, I use collonil and wipes it over and it looked fine so I didn't worry too much about it. But this morning I noticed that the inking had slightly leaked onto the front of the bag (at the side of the fixed supports leading from the straps to the bottom. The inking on this bag is black! I then tried to dab it away with water and a cotton bud - but it won't go away and looks awful

Has anyone ever encountered this problem?? The bag is over 4 years old but I hardly ever use it so gutted!

Hi all

Help please!!

Has anyone ever had a problem with inking on Bayswaters (or any other type of mulberry bag) leaking onto their bag?

I have never had this problem until yesterday. I was caught in a heavy downpour yesterday and my Black Forest bays (my avatar) - which I rarely use - got wet but I put it in a carrier bag to protect it asap. Anyway, I use collonil and wipes it over and it looked fine so I didn't worry too much about it. But this morning I noticed that the inking had slightly leaked onto the front of the bag (at the side of the fixed supports leading from the straps to the bottom. The inking on this bag is black! I then tried to dab it away with water and a cotton bud - but it won't go away and looks awful

Has anyone ever encountered this problem?? The bag is over 4 years old but I hardly ever use it so gutted!

Attachments

• IMG_2964.JPG
    IMG_2964.JPG
    273.5 KB · Views: 339
Hi all

Help please!!

This is bad news! Plessers contact a Mulberry shop. Don't try to fix it on your own. It will make it worse.

Reactions: Mayfly285
Hello Ladies,
I hope you'll be able to advice on cleaning this poor gal... I have just adopted her in a poorly, pre-loved state and now I'm thinking of way to give it a good clean.
I remember some of you have successfully washed your Mulberries before so I hope I will be able to get some advice! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_9343.JPG
    IMG_9343.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_9344.JPG
    IMG_9344.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 316
Hello Ladies,
I hope you'll be able to advice on cleaning this poor gal... I have just adopted her in a poorly, pre-loved state and now I'm thinking of way to give it a good clean.
I remember some of you have successfully washed your Mulberries before so I hope I will be able to get some advice! :rolleyes:

The back is in a bad state too but for some reason I am unable to upload more photos (I keep getting a error message that photos are too large to get processed)

Any help will be highly appreciated as I'm really hoping to restore this poor Ruby back to the state she should be in. :smile: