Which of these would you pick?

• Leather Gel

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Leather Cream

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Leather Wax

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Just wondering what's the best way of protecting the chain strap on my Lilys. Thinking maybe collonil spray then wipe off of the metal part straight away. What about my old oak lily with slightly tarnished brass chain?

Please help. Total devastation! My new bayswater in green sparkle tweed has a cooking oil splash on the back. My daughter just casually made an omelette and it didn't occur to her to move it out the way as it was hanging on the kitchen door. I'm truly gutted as it's not even a week old and I took it out on its maiden voyage to Shepton mallet to get a matching purse. Yes I cried now I need expert advice please.

Reactions: pillerih
Hi ladies,
I bought my first Mulberry today. Yay!
SBS in oak and I hope someone can give me advice.
Should I use only Collonil water stop spray before I take her out the first time or both water stop spray and leather gel?
Hope someone can help!
Thanks!

Hi ladies,
I bought my first Mulberry today. Yay!
SBS in oak and I hope someone can give me advice.
Should I use only Collonil water stop spray before I take her out the first time or both water stop spray and leather gel?
Hope someone can help!
Thanks!
I use both. They do about same thing--but gel will rub-out scuffs to a degree.
Especially older oak has light stitching. Spray will cover areas gel & fingers may miss.
Just wondering what's the best way of protecting the chain strap on my Lilys. Thinking maybe collonil spray then wipe off of the metal part straight away. What about my old oak lily with slightly tarnished brass chain?
Collonil isn't meant for hardware.
I don't do anything to my lily chain. I do put gel on woven-through leather.
Many ladies here send bag to mulb, for replacement chain, when tarnish/wear is bad enough. Or if breaks.
As a Mulberry newbie I've ordered the water spray, and apologies for sounding silly but how do I use this on my Lily (Classic grain)?

I want to get her protected before I use her.

Thanks
Just spray--do this outdoors. Wipe off hardware, to avoid cloudiness.
Think several light coats, dry between, rather than 1 heavy coat.
Repeat as needed, when water no longer beads to run off.

Hope helps.

Reactions: Angelize and HelenB
I've got a neon blue small Bayswater double zip tote. Would the Collonil gel or spray be best to protect and waterproof it? I initially thought the spray as it UV protects which the gel doesn't but then I read a forum post online (admittedly a few years old) which said using it on coloured leathers changes the colour and wasn't recommended. Can anyone advise if this is correct? Should I just use the gel?

Thanks in advance.

Hello. I have just ordered a Heathcliffe briefcase, and I also ordered the leather gel. Should I put on the leather cream imediately before I start using the bag?

The last bag I bought the sales advisor said not to bother, however I always protect mine with the collonil waterstop spray and only use the gel when the leather is looking a little dry or for extra protection if it's an oak bag. If really dry collonil 1909 leather creme. If a natural leather I use the spray from day 1 and if it's something like glossy goat, soft spongey just occasionally as I find it drys some leathers out

I'd call your local store and see what they say as I think the newer leathers are a bit hardier and they come with a light protection

The last bag I bought the sales advisor said not to bother, however I always protect mine with the collonil waterstop spray and only use the gel when the leather is looking a little dry or for extra protection if it's an oak bag. If really dry collonil 1909 leather creme. If a natural leather I use the spray from day 1 and if it's something like glossy goat, soft spongey just occasionally as I find it drys some leathers out

I'd call your local store and see what they say as I think the newer leathers are a bit hardier and they come with a light protection
Ok, thanks.

I sendt a mail to Mulberry custumer service, and this is the answer i got:
Screenshot_2016-11-28-21-41-49-1.png

Please help. Total devastation! My new bayswater in green sparkle tweed has a cooking oil splash on the back. My daughter just casually made an omelette and it didn't occur to her to move it out the way as it was hanging on the kitchen door. I'm truly gutted as it's not even a week old and I took it out on its maiden voyage to Shepton mallet to get a matching purse. Yes I cried now I need expert advice please.
They say you can use talcum powder to fresh oil stains but maybe taking the bag to a leathet cleaner is the best option...

Last edited: