Which of these would you pick?

• Leather Gel

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Leather Cream

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Leather Wax

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I used only the Collonil gel on my brand new nude Bayswater and I got caught in a pouring windy rain and I was fully prepared to have a water stained bag. However, by time I got to the subway the ugly water marks disappeared. I couldn't believe it. The bag was perfectly fine after having been splattered with that rain.

I often read how people who clean their bags stuff them with paper to dry so the bag holds it shape. What type of paper are you all using? I fear newspaper would get black all over the inside of the bag.

Hi ladies I was recommended collonil gold premium for my new to me oak e/w that has some rain marks and is a little dry but I haven't been able to get hold of any.
Has anyone a suggestion of another luxurious moisturising treatment? One that's waterproof would be great. Or is regular collonil as good?

Hi, I think there is more info in the Reference Library section, but...

I would spray lightly, from around 20-30cm distance. Let dry (although the leather shouldn't be saturated anyway), and buff gently with a soft cloth. No harm in repeating the treatment, especially first time around.

How often you reapply the spray after that is up to you - my oxblood SBS has only been treated twice, and I have used it several days a week for work since November. I am probably a bit lazy compared to some other TPFers!

You don't necessarily need to cover up the hardware as the spray polishes off with a soft cloth.

Does anyone know if you are supposed to use the Collonil Leather Gel on the ostrich leather? The care card just says to use the Collonil Waterstop Spray. I have done a little test with the gel on the back of the padlock fob thingy and it seems to have stuck down and flattened the quills!!! Not sure what to do now with the rest of the bag as the leather does look a little dry and in need of some 'nourishment'.....

Help please!

Thanks Marjan, good to hear what Mulberry recommend. I was hoping to be able to use the coloured gel as my 'Bright Red' ostrich Lily has faded, and not in a good way, so that it is now more of a salmon pink. Does anyone know if Mulberry re-dye bags?

Thanks Marjan, good to hear what Mulberry recommend. I was hoping to be able to use the coloured gel as my 'Bright Red' ostrich Lily has faded, and not in a good way, so that it is now more of a salmon pink. Does anyone know if Mulberry re-dye bags?
I don't think they do, so you'd need to try the coloured gel or use a professional dyeing service - just make sure you only trust you bag to a place that will treat the ostrich leather with the TLC it deserves!

Have heard mixed reviews of re-dyeing even by professionals - it seems that sometimes they coat the leather, i.e. add a layer on top that doesn't saturate the actual leather itself) and that sounds risky re: ostrich...

I don't think they do, so you'd need to try the coloured gel or use a professional dyeing service - just make sure you only trust you bag to a place that will treat the ostrich leather with the TLC it deserves!

Have heard mixed reviews of re-dyeing even by professionals - it seems that sometimes they coat the leather, i.e. add a layer on top that doesn't saturate the actual leather itself) and that sounds risky re: ostrich...

Just thought I would pop back with an update in case anyone else ever has a similar problem. Decided not to try a professional dye job as it sounds rather risky so I got some Cherry Blossom Premium Renovating Cream in Lipstick Red and did a test run on the padlock fob thingy which seemed to go OK. The I applied the cream all over the bag carefully with a fingertip as it seemed to give more control than the recommended 'use a cloth' method. I left it to dry a while and then with a soft cloth I very, very lightly buffed the ostrich leather in the direction of the quills. Then I repeated the process again. I'm rather pleased with the result. It still isn't a proper bright red - it's now more terracotta rather than the faded coral but it looks much more nourished and has lost that dry, slightly chalky look. Also the patchiness is improved - the colour is much more even. I might even do it once more before giving it a Collonil waterproofing spray. I'm just so pleased that I haven't ended up ruining the bag!

Just thought I would pop back with an update in case anyone else ever has a similar problem. Decided not to try a professional dye job as it sounds rather risky so I got some Cherry Blossom Premium Renovating Cream in Lipstick Red and did a test run on the padlock fob thingy which seemed to go OK. The I applied the cream all over the bag carefully with a fingertip as it seemed to give more control than the recommended 'use a cloth' method. I left it to dry a while and then with a soft cloth I very, very lightly buffed the ostrich leather in the direction of the quills. Then I repeated the process again. I'm rather pleased with the result. It still isn't a proper bright red - it's now more terracotta rather than the faded coral but it looks much more nourished and has lost that dry, slightly chalky look. Also the patchiness is improved - the colour is much more even. I might even do it once more before giving it a Collonil waterproofing spray. I'm just so pleased that I haven't ended up ruining the bag!

Great to hear this [emoji5]️

Clumsy me managed to spill some sauce on the inside of the flap (microfiber lining I think) of my new, precious Lily. I desperately tried to rub it off with a little soap and water at the restaurant. I think the sauce is gone, but now there are stains from the water.. Any advice from you nice ladies?