Which of these would you pick?

• Leather Gel

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Leather Cream

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Leather Wax

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hi ladies, does anyone know the difference between the two little 50ml Collonil gel jars? One apparently cleans, the other jar nourishes and waterproofs? The jars both look the same! A couple of sellers on eBay have told me the two identical jars have different contents but I thought I would come here to confirm, does anyone know? I want to clean dirt off my Roxanne, then give it a nourish/condition.... Much appreciated 😀

Hi ladies, does anyone know the difference between the two little 50ml Collonil gel jars? One apparently cleans, the other jar nourishes and waterproofs? The jars both look the same! A couple of sellers on eBay have told me the two identical jars have different contents but I thought I would come here to confirm, does anyone know? I want to clean dirt off my Roxanne, then give it a nourish/condition.... Much appreciated 😀

I think these are what you mean:
http://www.collonil.com/en/gel.html
http://www.collonil.com/en/leather-gel-classic.html

Only have used 2nd. Reduces dirt build-up well, plus adds some wateproofing.

To really clean deep, collonil has other products.
Also, have not used, but might trust, imo. After color fastness test:
http://www.collonil.com/en/catalogsearch/result/?q=clean

I remember ladies with older bags, especially darwin leather, remarking that collonil was not best choice.
Can't recall exact reason, perhaps in thread somewhere?

Hope helps.

Thanks Athenia :smile:
I put it on the washing line yesterday but unfortunately it's raining today so that's on hold for another day.
I found something about activated carbon possibly helping and as I keep tropical fish I had some in the cupboard so I've popped some in a mesh bag and placed inside to see if it helps.
R1MADGIRL, did your trick to remove the musty smell out of your Mulberry work?? I have a very Vintage Mulberry here that smells like old lady's socks, I can't even bear to carry her in that smelly condition :sad:

Hi all, hope someone can help. I've recently bought a regular black Alexa, brand new from Selfridges, so I think it's in polished buffalo. I've actually been too scared to wear it yet, so it's still in its bag - and I have a Samorga on order so I'm going to wait until that arrives. However is this a bag that needs treating before i take it out? I like to keep my bags in good condition, and this is my first Mulberry so I'm not sure what to do. Thanks!

Hi all, hope someone can help. I've recently bought a regular black Alexa, brand new from Selfridges, so I think it's in polished buffalo. I've actually been too scared to wear it yet, so it's still in its bag - and I have a Samorga on order so I'm going to wait until that arrives. However is this a bag that needs treating before i take it out? I like to keep my bags in good condition, and this is my first Mulberry so I'm not sure what to do. Thanks!

Hi! Congrats for your bag! The Alexa is my favourite bag 👍. You need to apply Collonil gel on it, let it dry and then spray it with the waterstop Collonil spray. That would be enough for a while.. And black is quite hardwearing so your bag should stay nice for a long time.. But still need care. And you already ordered the liner.. It s perfect!

And other suggestions for Millie?

Hi! Congrats for your bag! The Alexa is my favourite bag 👍. You need to apply Collonil gel on it, let it dry and then spray it with the waterstop Collonil spray. That would be enough for a while.. And black is quite hardwearing so your bag should stay nice for a long time.. But still need care. And you already ordered the liner.. It s perfect!

And other suggestions for Millie?

I've been searching this forum to see if the collonil gel used on a Darwin Roxanne would be OK (polish it up a bit), but can't find anything conclusive (tried and tested), does anyone here have a link they can refer me too, or actually collonilled gelled their Darwin leather? xx

I just would like to add some additional info on my previous post: I used the Collonil gel myself as recommended by Mulberry on my polished buffalo Alexas today and this is what I recommend: Don't put the gel directly onto the leather. Humidify a soft cloth with it and then apply it to the bag - Be energetic as otherwise, the gel leaves white marks on the leather. Once the leather has dried, polish it with the dry part of your soft cloth. I used it today on my bags and it makes a real difference.. They look great BUT be careful the way you apply the gel if you do on this type of leather as otherwise you get white marks. Hope it helps!

I've been searching this forum to see if the collonil gel used on a Darwin Roxanne would be OK (polish it up a bit), but can't find anything conclusive (tried and tested), does anyone here have a link they can refer me too, or actually collonilled gelled their Darwin leather? xx

I think (please correct me if I am wrong) Darwin leather is for NVT leather now.
I used the Collonil gel today on my NVT bags and it does polish them nicely. This type of leather absorbs the gel really well and it looks great after usage. Don't forget to polish the leather with a the dry part of your soft cloth after it has dried.

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had used coloured collonil on their alexa oak and could tell me which colour best matches? I'm thinking 'sand' but advice from someone who has used before would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance ��

I thought NVT and Darwin were the same too but not (see NPN bags website info) and also I had 2 Roxannes authenticated here and one was NVT the other Darwin. What do you think all?
I understood that nvt replaced darwin, which was heavier.
Also, some say scent differs.

Current thread discussing collonil use on darwin, etc.-- http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry/inking-melting-off-yikes-928937.html
Seems many use just fine. So worth a try.
Hope helps.