Beware - LV refused to give me a refund

I understand your frustration and it’s unfortunate your key pouch broke for whatever reason within 2 months, that’s very much out of the ordinary. It’s especially odd to hear they weren’t able to repair the piece. Usually it’s a quick 15 minute repair at the store. With that said, LV is very strict with their return policy and they are not going to change their return policy and offer a full refund beyond 30 days of the original purchase. After 30 days they offer a repair or exchange. If you aren’t happy with your exchange, ask for a new one until you receive one that you are satisfied with. Do you have pictures of the new piece that you aren’t happy with. Just curious how bad it really is…
you can see on the side at the top it bulges out, then the same thing at the bottom. You’ll also see that it’s not even and one side almost overlaps the other.

Then on the inside, you see the gaps of the stitching.

Attachments

• 82AB821B-CE45-457E-949A-D90FDBE570EF.jpeg
    82AB821B-CE45-457E-949A-D90FDBE570EF.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 8CEEF7C4-F96C-402E-AEAE-708CF676A794.jpeg
    8CEEF7C4-F96C-402E-AEAE-708CF676A794.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 47B35BD1-4A46-4C0E-97F7-5A3DC4E0B6D7.jpeg
    47B35BD1-4A46-4C0E-97F7-5A3DC4E0B6D7.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 68
  • BC452DF0-4196-4380-856A-17BDC570261E.jpeg
    BC452DF0-4196-4380-856A-17BDC570261E.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 69
Thank you for the info! I'm actually in the US. Maybe there is something equivalent legally for me to pursue.
I used to have a good friend who managed a UPS store here in the states. She would tell me that many stores and drop off points were notorious for looking at return labels and opening boxes to take what they thought might be expensive and re-sellable items.
If you haven’t already, I’d go back to UPS and file a claim and if necessary file a report at the police station in that jurisdiction. LV can also show what they contracted to pay for the return and there should be a recorded weight somewhere as was mentioned in a post above. Sorry for the late reply and sorry you had to go through this. It’s horrible.

Thank you for this post! I ordered a bag online and heard about LV not refunding when people return their online bought bags. So I researched and went to the store. Got my refund after a day. I can't thank you enough for making us aware of this scenario! :heart:

Edit: you saved me from lots of headaches

This whole story is just awful!

Not everyone can get to a store to make a return. And if they are going to offer returns via mail I really feel like the burden is on LV to ensure a flawless process and a customer experience that is on par with the price level/brand.

I get that there have been people who have tried to scam the system, that UPS probably has problems within their system... But that is not the general customer's responsibility. I was under impression that LV returns include insurance to cover the cost if something goes wrong in transit (loss/damage/theft)???

LV needs to fix the return process, not punish customers when something goes wrong.

You'd be surprised how rarely returns are insured.

• Insightful
Reactions: McCobie_018
I live close to an LV, thankfully. So far, I haven’t had problems with deliveries to my home but I just started to order online to have delivered to the store so I can examine the item. If there is an issue with the item, I can have them issue a refund on the spot. I haven’t had that problem though..

Good luck!

• Insightful
Reactions: McCobie_018
I live close to an LV, thankfully. So far, I haven’t had problems with deliveries to my home but I just started to order online to have delivered to the store so I can examine the item. If there is an issue with the item, I can have them issue a refund on the spot. I haven’t had that problem though..

Good luck!
This is a great idea too to have them delivered in the store. I might do that next year when the new moon shaped kinda reverse bag comes out
7800C9F5-8919-4F7C-8CF3-E69331BA555A.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bratty1919
Hello everyone. I usually NEVER post, but I had to after seeing the post about the issue with LV. The same thing happened to my husband in regards to a refund/return. He purchased a pair of shoes for me for my birthday and I tried them on, but they did not fit. Before /After trying them, I noticed they sold him a pair of shoes that were slightly damaged. When we informed them, they stated that we damaged the shoe. The whole process and interaction was awful from the staff at the store all the way to corporate. I love LV but it left a very bad impression because it is too expensive to treat loyal customers any kind of way. My husband was always a Gucci man, now we're definitely loyal Gucci customers because they have not disappointed yet.

Hello everyone. I usually NEVER post, but I had to after seeing the post about the issue with LV. The same thing happened to my husband in regards to a refund/return. He purchased a pair of shoes for me for my birthday and I tried them on, but they did not fit. Before /After trying them, I noticed they sold him a pair of shoes that were slightly damaged. When we informed them, they stated that we damaged the shoe. The whole process and interaction was awful from the staff at the store all the way to corporate. I love LV but it left a very bad impression because it is too expensive to treat loyal customers any kind of way. My husband was always a Gucci man, now we're definitely loyal Gucci customers because they have not disappointed yet.
I can personally attest that Louis Vuitton is not very accommodating to people that want to make returns. The managers get annoyed and always blame the clients if something is returned less than perfect. I can also attest that not everything is sold 100% perfect!

Hi everyone. I just wanted to share my story about LV refusing to give me a refund to warn others. I ordered two items from LV online back in October 2021. I decided not to keep either one and used the prepaid UPS label to return both items. I noticed that after a few days I received a confirmation for the strap but not the wallet I returned. I checked the UPS tracking and both were marked as accepted and received. I figured it might just take a while longer. A week went by with no confirmation email so I emailed LV customer service. I was told that LV found that the box with the wallet was empty and decided to open an investigation with UPS on my behalf. I was told it takes 14 days to complete the investigation. So I waited the 14 days and heard nothing. So this time I called and the LV rep reassured me that they are still waiting on a response and normally customers get their money back. So another couple of weeks go by and nothing. So I call again and was told that UPS needed the delivery receipt. So I provide the receipt and more weeks go by and nothing. Yet again I contact LV and they tell me that they also need the drop off receipt. I provide that as well and ---you guessed it, weeks go by and nothing. At this point I decide to open a dispute with my credit card. After months of back and forth, LV told my bank they refuse to refund me and my bank decided to just close the investigation.

I've been an LV customer for many years with a great purchasing history and never any suspicious activity or high volume of returns. None of that matters and now I'm out $800 dollars. I am just thankful it wasn't for a bag that costs thousands but at this point, I won't be shopping at LV anymore even though I love their items.
Sorry this is probably already solved, but opening case with Better Business Bureau is also a way how to make a pressure on them.

I can personally attest that Louis Vuitton is not very accommodating to people that want to make returns. The managers get annoyed and always blame the clients if something is returned less than perfect. I can also attest that not everything is sold 100% perfect!
Sorry that has been your experience. It has not been my experience. Long time purchaser here. I rarely return but the few occasions where I had to, LV dealt with it immediately in a professional manner, to my satisfaction. I’ve been quite pleased with customer service (thus far), even when my purchase was far from perfect.

Sorry that has been your experience. It has not been my experience. Long time purchaser here. I rarely return but the few occasions where I had to, LV dealt with it immediately in a professional manner, to my satisfaction. I’ve been quite pleased with customer service (thus far), even when my purchase was far from perfect.
This isn’t my experience as a client; it’s as a Client Advisor in multiple stores across multiple years and multiple states. You are a “known client” to LV and not the type of client that would get discriminated against. So with all of that said, I could care less what your experience is!!

PS sorry for the late response!!

• Wow