Beware - LV refused to give me a refund

To button up policy: Lost packages and their liability lie with UPS. LV isn’t going to issue refunds on pieces not received by UPS. Some companies use an honor system; a company that sells pieces with an average retail price of $2500 isn’t going to issue refunds. This is why they insure all of their pieces with UPS and require signatures. It’s solely to remove liability from the company. If we aren’t comfortable with this policy, plain and simple, don’t order pieces online. Period. This is a possible (though extremely rare) occurrence of risk. Also, UPS is dreadfully slow at processing claims.

Can you go back to your credit card and state that the info was not provided to UPS so they can maybe get your money refunded. If LV is not willing to prove they got an empty box, they cant prove their case therefor money should be refunded.

I'll definitely give this a try. I wanted UPS to give me proof that LV refused so I could use that but UPS wouldn't do that.

Reactions: Katinahat
Thank you. My bank told me they are just closing the investigation since LV refuses and I'm not getting a credit from the bank either. I was honestly appalled because I sent all the evidence that I returned the item and the package was accepted to the bank. I don't even want to use my credit card from that bank anymore either.

Ugh, totally understand! I had a horrible incident with a refrigerator delivery and return from Home Depot. Delivery guy dumps the fridge in my garage because he didn’t want to bring it up the stairs to the second floor. Said he would come back later to bring it upstairs but never did.

So I go to Home Depot a few days later to ask when they are going to come pick up the fridge since nobody brought it upstairs.

After 4 hours in the store, HD tells me “I signed the papers accepting delivery,” basically the guy delivering forged my signature.

Then someone else from the delivery company came back to take the fridge out of my garage a week or so later.

Two months go by and no refund. Wondering if the delivery guys stole the fridge or is it sitting in a warehouse, who knows. I had contested the charges, but my credit card company denied them. I was done with them after that.

Home Depot store eventually did credit my visa back after I told them I had visited the police department due to the forgery. It was awful and again, a big purchase $2200!!!

3 months of headaches, so I feel your pain OP!

Last edited:
I cannot believe I’m reading this. This EXACT thing happened to me!! I am going through this right now. I sent back an LV handbag using the prepaid UPS label in early January. After weeks of not seeing refund, I called and they said the bag was not in the package they received! They asked me to send them the UPS receipt which I did and just yesterday, I got an email from LV telling me to stop contacting them! I couldn’t believe what i was reading. They never denied my case they just sent me that rude email. I filed a dispute w my bank yesterday with all my communication details that I’ve had w LV the receipt and tracking information. Today my bank notified my claim was denied. I can’t believe this!! I have been an LV client for over 10 years and have spent so much money on their handbags and for them to turn around and not do a full investigation is or provide any kind of reason is so shocking to me. I don’t know what to do at this point. Never buying from them again. It’s obvious there is a serious theft problem that they don’t want to address. Beyond disappointed! I seriously want to cry.
I sent my item back and wanted to ask did you received an email from LV stating they received the return item? Or was it like OP where the item was delivered back to LV's warehouse but they didn't sent you an email about receiving the item?

For what it’s worth, I’ve sent back several packages, but I film me putting the item in the box and sealing it. I then place the shipping label on top of the crease/opening that way if someone at UPS tried to open the box, they’d rip the label. I also tape over the entire label so that it would be obvious is someone tampered with it during transit. The recipient at LV probably doesn’t enjoy all the excess tape, but it hasn’t failed me on getting a refund yet.

UPDATE!!

So I actually have some good news to share with you all. I finally got my refund. I mentioned before that I submitted a claim with the BBB. At first I received a response that LV refused to take any action because I opened a dispute with my credit card. The BBB asked if I would accept this response or not and provide further explanation, so of course I didn't accept and then two days ago I received a call from LV customer service that they will be processing my refund in the next 24-48 hours. Today I received the refund confirmation email from LV and the credit should be posted to my credit card soon.

I'm sure you all can imagine how relieved I am. I hope my experience and updates end up helping anyone who ends up in this situation. I also tried going back and forth with UPS via email a bit more but that didn't turn out to be helpful.

Thanks to all of you who were very supportive and sympathetic. I really appreciate it!

UPDATE!!

So I actually have some good news to share with you all. I finally got my refund. I mentioned before that I submitted a claim with the BBB. At first I received a response that LV refused to take any action because I opened a dispute with my credit card. The BBB asked if I would accept this response or not and provide further explanation, so of course I didn't accept and then two days ago I received a call from LV customer service that they will be processing my refund in the next 24-48 hours. Today I received the refund confirmation email from LV and the credit should be posted to my credit card soon.

I'm sure you all can imagine how relieved I am. I hope my experience and updates end up helping anyone who ends up in this situation. I also tried going back and forth with UPS via email a bit more but that didn't turn out to be helpful.

Thanks to all of you who were very supportive and sympathetic. I really appreciate it!
Yay! I am so happy you were able to resolve this and receive your refund…Its unfortunate you had to get to that point and put in so much work but it was worth it !

UPDATE!!

I'm so glad this issue is resolved and you can finally breathe! :heart:

UPDATE!!

happy to hear it is resolved, and I am sorry for the trouble it has caused you.

I am going through a similar situation with bad customer service and I am hoping it will get resolved.

Best of luck!
Thank you!

As a back story, I purchased the key pouch in graphite in December 2021--flash forward less than 2 months--to February 2022 and the key chain has broken off. I filed for a service request immediately and the atelier deemed my item was "unfixable." I thought this was strange since only the keychain needed to be added on.

Finally on April 19th (two months after I filed the service request), they sent me a new one. Unfortunately, the quality of the item is unacceptable. The stitching is bulging out, gaps between the stitches, uneven on both sides, etc. At this point, I didn't know what to do--and then I had my mother take a look at it and she thought it was a counterfeit!!

I decided on Thursday, 4/21 to call up client services and ask for a refund, but the representative did not want to help and said she would leave a message with the person who previously helped me with the service.

No response.

So, I emailed them, and again--no response.

Finally, Monday, 4/25 I called to see if anyone can help me, they looked at my account and did not have any notes of my call on 4/21 and according to my account, the last time I contacted them was on 4/14!

At this point, I was keeping my cool, on hold with very nice rep (for 40+ minutes), and then got "disconnected."

I gave it a few minutes to see if they'd try to call me back--never did--so I called back again, explained the situation and they told me they are denying a refund option I asked for some clarification or to speak with a manager and as I was on-hold again for 48
+ minutes, the line "disconnected" again.

I was on the phone for the last time with "a manager," and was on hold for over an hour and 15 minutes--all for her to say that she cannot help me, and that someone from the client services email is in charge of that. I told her that nobody responds to my emails--even when my item was in service, nobody ever answered my email. All she could say is "Sorry, but I can't help. They should respond within 72 hours, but there is a large influx of items in repair, so they will get back to you as soon as they can."

Has anyone else dealt with a similar situation? I figured I will give it a week, and if no response, should I also file a complaint with the BBB? Should I call my credit card company?

• Angry
Reactions: Bratty1919
Thank you!

As a back story, I purchased the key pouch in graphite in December 2021--flash forward less than 2 months--to February 2022 and the key chain has broken off. I filed for a service request immediately and the atelier deemed my item was "unfixable." I thought this was strange since only the keychain needed to be added on.

Finally on April 19th (two months after I filed the service request), they sent me a new one. Unfortunately, the quality of the item is unacceptable. The stitching is bulging out, gaps between the stitches, uneven on both sides, etc. At this point, I didn't know what to do--and then I had my mother take a look at it and she thought it was a counterfeit!!

I decided on Thursday, 4/21 to call up client services and ask for a refund, but the representative did not want to help and said she would leave a message with the person who previously helped me with the service.

No response.

So, I emailed them, and again--no response.

Finally, Monday, 4/25 I called to see if anyone can help me, they looked at my account and did not have any notes of my call on 4/21 and according to my account, the last time I contacted them was on 4/14!

At this point, I was keeping my cool, on hold with very nice rep (for 40+ minutes), and then got "disconnected."

I gave it a few minutes to see if they'd try to call me back--never did--so I called back again, explained the situation and they told me they are denying a refund option I asked for some clarification or to speak with a manager and as I was on-hold again for 48
+ minutes, the line "disconnected" again.

I was on the phone for the last time with "a manager," and was on hold for over an hour and 15 minutes--all for her to say that she cannot help me, and that someone from the client services email is in charge of that. I told her that nobody responds to my emails--even when my item was in service, nobody ever answered my email. All she could say is "Sorry, but I can't help. They should respond within 72 hours, but there is a large influx of items in repair, so they will get back to you as soon as they can."

Has anyone else dealt with a similar situation? I figured I will give it a week, and if no response, should I also file a complaint with the BBB? Should I call my credit card company?

LV isn’t going to give you a refund for a purchase originally from December. If you aren’t happy with the quality of the new piece, why not just exchange it?

LV isn’t going to give you a refund for a purchase originally from December. If you aren’t happy with the quality of the new piece, why not just exchange it?
At one point, before I was "disconnected," they offered an exchange.

I thought about it, but then I realized it has been 4 months since I originally purchased it, within two months it broke, and I had to wait two months for a new one that was in horrible condition. Going through another exchange is just too much of a hassle and worry--there's no guarantee the third one will be in great condition (and who knows how long it will take to get it).

I originally paid for an item that was supposed to be higher quality and I don't want to always worry that the keychain might break off and then lose my cash/card in the actual key pouch in the future.

Overall I am just not impressed with the item and prefer a refund.

Reactions: SkeeWee1908
At one point, before I was "disconnected," they offered an exchange.

I thought about it, but then I realized it has been 4 months since I originally purchased it, within two months it broke, and I had to wait two months for a new one that was in horrible condition. Going through another exchange is just too much of a hassle and worry--there's no guarantee the third one will be in great condition (and who knows how long it will take to get it).

I originally paid for an item that was supposed to be higher quality and I don't want to always worry that the keychain might break off and then lose my cash/card in the actual key pouch in the future.

Overall I am just not impressed with the item and prefer a refund.

I understand your frustration and it’s unfortunate your key pouch broke for whatever reason within 2 months, that’s very much out of the ordinary. It’s especially odd to hear they weren’t able to repair the piece. Usually it’s a quick 15 minute repair at the store. With that said, LV is very strict with their return policy and they are not going to change their return policy and offer a full refund beyond 30 days of the original purchase. After 30 days they offer a repair or exchange. If you aren’t happy with your exchange, ask for a new one until you receive one that you are satisfied with. Do you have pictures of the new piece that you aren’t happy with. Just curious how bad it really is…