Zombie Threads

QuelleFromage

Not my circus, not my monkeys
O.G.
Jan 15, 2011
Just a suggestion.....
I'm seeing a lot of (usually) newer members responding to threads that are up to ten years old. Often they don't quite seem to understand it's not an active thread. I'm guessing this is partly related to the recommended threads feature at the end of each thread. Can that feature be set to time constraints, or can the "this thread is super duper old, are you sure you want to post" warning be restored?

Reactions: Megs
It's a good suggestion! I've seen a few old threads bumped too. If the new post is relevant to the topic (model numbers of older items etc) it could be ok. If it's a personal reveal from ten years ago perhaps it's less useful. :wondering:

Just a suggestion.....
I'm seeing a lot of (usually) newer members responding to threads that are up to ten years old. Often they don't quite seem to understand it's not an active thread. I'm guessing this is partly related to the recommended threads feature at the end of each thread. Can that feature be set to time constraints, or can the "this thread is super duper old, are you sure you want to post" warning be restored?

Yes, this feature was useful on the old platform and I'll see if there's a way to reintegrate it into Xenforo!

Yes, but this forum is so confusing to new members

I am working on a comprehensive how-to to make the navigation and interaction here a little bit more streamlined.

Reactions: BBC and Megs