Zoe Wallet - Did I wind up with a FAKE?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissHollywood

Summer <3
Jul 7, 2009
My mother fell in love with Coach's utterly divine black patent leather Zoe walllet about a month ago, and since then I've made it my business to hunt for a brand new one to surprise her with at Christmas.

I wound up finding one on eBay for 'Buy It Now' and after checking out the seller's feedback and studying the pics, I decided to go for it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190328196028&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

However, I happened to be talking to a friend on AIM while I was scouring eBay, and mentioned to her what I'd just purchased. She asked to see the link, and a few minutes later, she asked me if I'd actually paid yet. I said no, and she said, "Good, because this may be a fake!" She proceeded to explain that she's fairly certain Coach doesn't offer a dustbag with their wallets, and that it's a little odd how the seller only ever displayed the wallet upside down or at an angle and not right side up.

Is she right? I've never bought a Coach wallet before, so I have no clue if a dustbag is included. The seller has mountains of feedback and practically all of it is perfect, but maybe there's still cause for concern?

Could anybody assist me in authenticating this piece before I fork over around $105.49? Thank you SO MUCH, and God bless!

It looks real to me. The store do put it on a white dust bag when you purchase it. I didn't see anything wrong at all. I have the same kind of wallet but in a regular leather. You got it in a very good price too.

You're gonna have to get better answers from others. Hopefully they'll weigh in. I like the other poster DO NOT see any red flags!!! It's hard to tell with wallets and even harder to tell with a black patent leather wallet. Even if this IS put in the "authenticate this Coach" thread, it's gonna be difficult!!!

I have sold used wallets and put them in smaller dustnags from small purses just so the buyer would feel they were getting the most for thier $$$. I've never had my outlet put many wristlets in dustbags, but I've never bought a wallet at the outlet. It also looks to me like the seller has posted a picture head on, the first pic infact.

In all reality unless someone pin points that the style# or something is wrong you may not be able to tell until you have it in front of you!!!

Put the link in the "authenticate" thread and see what they come up with. IF it's a fake it's better then any I've ever seen. I've also never seen even a "mirror image" fake done in patent leather. This dosen't mean it's not happening though!!!

I THINK you're OK, but see what everyone else says prior to paying. You can always file with PP if it is fake!!! Better to be safe then SCR*W*D if you KWIM?!

It looks fine to me. I'm sure with it going for such a low price in comparison to the original boutique price that she got it at the outlets. If that's the case, then as the others have said, it would have been placed in a white dustbag at time of purchase. I think your safe in purchasing this item!

It looks fine to me. I'm sure with it going for such a low price in comparison to the original boutique price that she got it at the outlets. If that's the case, then as the others have said, it would have been placed in a white dustbag at time of purchase. I think your safe in purchasing this item!

The outlet didn't put my black leather zoe wallet in a dust bag when I bought it with the matching large leather zoe. Don't know if that's standard process or not.

Either way, the wallet looks real to me, but I would definately get it in the authentication thread.

It looked real to me!!! I am wondering if they got it at an outlet! Wallets in the FP store usually are just wrapped in tissue! and then put in a box (if you ask). The boxes at the FP store are more structured and brown. At the outlet, they put them in the white cloth dust bags (with red writing) and the box is white w/red writing as well! I bought a Zoe wallet at the outlet for $60. It was the Apple Green Patent w/ blue lining! It was marked down and then half off plus 20% off. If you live near an outlet, you may be able to find another one! I know that at the Outlet near me, they have the signature Zoe and the regular black Leather Zoe. (They were about $149 plus 20% off plus a coupon of 20% - last week)
HTH!!!
Lynne :biggrin:

This is relative because any senario is possible have the wallet Authenticated at Authenticate This and it will really help.

Many seller only post one picture but you should ask for more before buying, they will send it..

Also never buy unless you Authenticate it, that is just good business.

While I am not much good at the "Authenticate This" game, I can tell you that I have received small dustbags at the outlet before. I had one for my wallet, my iPod case and the mini-skinny I gave as a gift. I don't think it's that unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.