yurman jewelry vs chanel purse?

boxyandme

O.G.
Feb 10, 2006
Just curious to see what people felt was a better investment. I used to LOVE jewelry, ok, I was obsessed. But them my affection turned towards purses. I walked in to a jewelry store the other day just to browse and saw the most beautiful David Yurman tahitian pearl necklace. It has 3 huge t. pearls, which are surrounded by roundels of small diamonds. It's on a figaro link chain w/ a toggle clasp. At that moment, I forgot about my purses. It does come at a hefty price $2450. Just the amount of a nice new chanel or LV suhali. Which would you guys go for, purse or jewelry?

I'm a sucker for jewelry,... so I say go for the Yurman

But if you invest in a classic silouette handbag, that would be a good investment too

I now own 2 black chanel totes, one cambon and one caviar, a LV hudson, BH and black MC alma. I guess that should be enough for a little while. I do have one DY wheat double strand necklace with a diamond encrusted buckle clasp. That was my anniversary present last year. But the Tahitians are stunning! I do believe that they're calling me. I think you ladies are right. I guess jewelry is the better choice for now.

That's enough bags--go get the jewelry. Are you going to get it through NM? If so, NM is having a promo from today to Saturday. If you spend $2k, you get 1,250 bonus points or some small gc. AND for spending $500/more, you'll get a $100 credit for denim. ANY denim in the store. This is an in-store only promo, but not a bad way to go.

If you're going with Saks, you'd get a gc today (Thursday, 4/20) only. And Bloomingdales is supposedly starting their pre-sale for their F&F event. You'd get 20% off--I'm not positive that Yurman is included, but it doesn't hurt to call and ask.

Wow, that's a very hard decision! I love jewelry and I love bags. I also love David Yurman jewelry. I just got a beautiful DY ring! Hmmmm..... I guess if I were you I'd decide what I would get more use out of. Would you wear the necklace just on special occasions or would you wear it often? IMO it's a lot of $$$ to only wear it occasionally. If that's the case then I'd go with a bag. I know I am probably not helping you much because they both sound great!

jewelry, jewelry, jewelry. i can live without beautiful handbags, but beautiful jewelry, never!!

I think you need some nice jewelry to go with your nice purses!! (not saying that you don't have any already)

Wow sounds like you have a great Chanel collection. With that in mind, I'd go for the jewlery. Plus, bags will be easier to find later than specifc jewlery you are loving at the moment.