YSL White Python Muse

10aria

Nov 24, 2008
I just saw the most GORGEOUS YSL white python Muse today in the medium size (perfect for my purposes!) and I was told they only had one in the whole store... Have been saving up for a Chanel Classic Flap in medium and black caviar, but I'm now tempted to change my mind.

Does anyone have any experience with YSL python bags? I'm really worried that the combination of white + python + my carelessness will leave me sobbing later on...

Edit: Also this will be my first real (and possibly my only one for the next few years) designer bag, and I really want something versatile (which is why I have been eyeing the Chanel Flap) that I can use for ages, but the python was just so heart-stopping.

Last edited:
Hi 10aria -

Python will need more "care" i.e. the skin is more delicate than cow leather. I have some snakeskin pumps that require extra care - routine use of a leather conditioner to keep the scales from drying out - that is the main thing. Once the scales get dry, they will curl up a bit on the edges. The leather conditioner makes them look new again.

White is always a no for me personally. It's just too easy for ME to get it dirty.

Bottom line - snakeskin is gorgeous, no doubt. It does require a bit more care. White snakeskin even more so. If you are willing to go a bit further in the care of this particular bag, I think you can get many many years of wear from it. IMO, it would NOT be an everyday bag. Let's see what the other ladies think....

Hi 10aria,

Oh boy, talk about exotics... hope this isn't too late. But here's my two cents. I own a (Jimmy Choo) anaconda in WHITE! (and another bag in python, not white though) Love love it, but yes, it requires some serious TLC, specially if you plan on keeping it forever. I even had to search for a very specific exotic leather moisturizer. I'm pretty careful, so white doesn't bother me so much. But you (I) need to be conscious about it, all the time. :rolleyes::Push:

I think, you'll get more mileage out of your Black, specially if you plan on bringing your Muse to as many places as possible. Hey, you got to show your new bag the world, or vice versa, right? ;) I'm voting for Black.

Hi 10aria, I bought a navy python Downtown late January this year. I've been using the bag almost everyday and I'm not the most careful person. So far it's all good, the scales are not lifting yet.

Oops, just saw that you posted this in June, I hope this isn't too late. Do show us if you have already bought a bag.

Hi, can you tell me what exotic leather moisturizer did you buy? I bought collonil(german brand) and its more like maintenance rather than moisturizer... thanks!

Hi 10aria,

Oh boy, talk about exotics... hope this isn't too late. But here's my two cents. I own a (Jimmy Choo) anaconda in WHITE! (and another bag in python, not white though) Love love it, but yes, it requires some serious TLC, specially if you plan on keeping it forever. I even had to search for a very specific exotic leather moisturizer. I'm pretty careful, so white doesn't bother me so much. But you (I) need to be conscious about it, all the time. :rolleyes::Push:

I think, you'll get more mileage out of your Black, specially if you plan on bringing your Muse to as many places as possible. Hey, you got to show your new bag the world, or vice versa, right? ;) I'm voting for Black.

Hi Meow,

I'd gladly share it with you but I'm in the middle of moving. It is packed with my household that I am waiting on. It's set to get here on July 12th, IF things go to plan.:sweatdrop: As soon as I unpack it, I'll let you know! :graucho: If I am remembering right, you may want to check out Leatherstuff.com. That might help, in case you need it asap.

Hi, can you tell me what exotic leather moisturizer did you buy? I bought collonil(german brand) and its more like maintenance rather than moisturizer... thanks!

Dear Meow,

Collonil is being used for Mulberry bags, they have wide range of leather care products, i saw their conditioner for Exotics. Care to share more about this product? I am interested in trying it on my karung, watersnake, python & cobra exotic leather.

Hi 10aria, I bought a navy python Downtown late January this year. I've been using the bag almost everyday and I'm not the most careful person. So far it's all good, the scales are not lifting yet.

Oops, just saw that you posted this in June, I hope this isn't too late. Do show us if you have already bought a bag.

Navy Python Downtown, what size? Must be gorgeous, i wanted a Large Natural Python Downtown with Iridescent coating. Saw it once but cannot make up my mind then because of the price, when i finally make up my mind, it is gone.

Hi Meow,

I'd gladly share it with you but I'm in the middle of moving. It is packed with my household that I am waiting on. It's set to get here on July 12th, IF things go to plan.:sweatdrop: As soon as I unpack it, I'll let you know! :graucho: If I am remembering right, you may want to check out Leatherstuff.com. That might help, in case you need it asap.

I think you mean Apple conditioner, it can be used sparely on Exotic leather.

Alright, here we go... the leather conditioner is DYO Reptile Conditioner. Cleans and Conditions Exotic Reptile Leathers.

I've used it on my exotics, such as python and anaconda. Also on snakeskin trims. It's fabulous! Goodluck!

I use the AppleGarde to protect all other leathers except exotics, that's just me. ;)

Dear Meow,

Collonil is being used for Mulberry bags, they have wide range of leather care products, i saw their conditioner for Exotics. Care to share more about this product? I am interested in trying it on my karung, watersnake, python & cobra exotic leather.

Navy Python Downtown, what size? Must be gorgeous, i wanted a Large Natural Python Downtown with Iridescent coating. Saw it once but cannot make up my mind then because of the price, when i finally make up my mind, it is gone.

I think you mean Apple conditioner, it can be used sparely on Exotic leather.

It's a small. Oh well, many more beautiful bags will come your way :smile:

Alright, here we go... the leather conditioner is DYO Reptile Conditioner. Cleans and Conditions Exotic Reptile Leathers.

I've used it on my exotics, such as python and anaconda. Also on snakeskin trims. It's fabulous! Goodluck!

I use the AppleGarde to protect all other leathers except exotics, that's just me. ;)
I have heard that DYO is a great product. I guess I need to get some...:graucho: