YSL TOTE vs. Louis Vuitton GM/MM tote

Jul 3, 2014
Hi everyone:
I am trying to decide between the two totes YSL tote vs. LV GM/ MM but am not able to decide.
I need your help. My need for tote is to carry my papers and my laptop. All my bags are leather made and none are canvas. I always feel like it is not worth paying for canvas ( i have to get over this notion because i have been reading canvas is sturdier than leather).
What will last longer? Price is not an issue my budget is below $2000. I know YSL is $400 dollars cheaper than LV but i can overcome the price difference if i know which one is better.
I am not looking to resell my bags so it is not an issue to consider i will be able to sell LV faster than YSL.

So help me guys. Your opinion matters!

Reactions: TrendyMomof2
I don't have a YSL tote but I have had my Neverfull MM in monogram for 5 years now. I work from home but I am able to carry my laptop 11" mac book air, notebook, papers etc. I first got it to carry around stuff for my toddler. I use it all the time for day trips, travel, etc. I like that for the monogram the straps are not as stiff as the Damier Ebene but I never carry my Neverfull in the rain because of this. I recently put some kiwi spray on the vachetta and now I don't need to worry about light drizzle. It is a crazy, sturdy bag.

I was looking into getting a YSL tote but decided against it after checking out a review by Chase Amie on you tube. She has a rose colored one and she said there were scratches inside the leather bag from her stuff inside. Maybe if you get black this won't happen. I do love the look. It's very chic. I am just not sure it would last the five years like my Neverfull and still look good after all the heavy duty wearing.

I decided on getting a Goyard Artois tote instead - but not to put my laptop in, more as a general tote with a zipper.

Hope this helps! Good luck with your decision!

Hi everyone:
I am trying to decide between the two totes YSL tote vs. LV GM/ MM but am not able to decide.
I need your help. My need for tote is to carry my papers and my laptop. All my bags are leather made and none are canvas. I always feel like it is not worth paying for canvas ( i have to get over this notion because i have been reading canvas is sturdier than leather).
What will last longer? Price is not an issue my budget is below $2000. I know YSL is $400 dollars cheaper than LV but i can overcome the price difference if i know which one is better.
I am not looking to resell my bags so it is not an issue to consider i will be able to sell LV faster than YSL.

So help me guys. Your opinion matters!
I own both and as far as functionality, both are the same. Both would fit your needs. As far as the look, I prefer the YSL, it looks more classy. I've owned a LV monogram MM for almost 5 years and it's still in perfect condition so I would say it's very durable. This year I bought my first YSL tote and a LV damier azur (same size) and my favorite is the YSL. It just looks prettier. However, I can't tell how durable it is since I've only had it for a few months.
I think I'm done with Neverfulls though, if I want another tote I would buy another YSL. I hope this helps.

I own both and as far as functionality, both are the same. Both would fit your needs. As far as the look, I prefer the YSL, it looks more classy. I've owned a LV monogram MM for almost 5 years and it's still in perfect condition so I would say it's very durable. This year I bought my first YSL tote and a LV damier azur (same size) and my favorite is the YSL. It just looks prettier. However, I can't tell how durable it is since I've only had it for a few months.
I think I'm done with Neverfulls though, if I want another tote I would buy another YSL. I hope this helps.
Thanks i ordered YSL just cost Neverfulls are everywhere. Thank you for your view as it helped me decide.