YSL patent tributes - cutting my feet!

rayshines

O.G.
Dec 25, 2011
I just got my first pair of YSL tributes in my usual size (35.5) but wearing them today, I have cuts from the sharp edges from leather on the tops of my toes and the backs of my heel and front ankle area where the strap is...

Is this normal? It's patent leather so it's quite stiff. Any tips on how to 'blunt' the edges? The size is perfect!

Thanks!

I would VERY gently use a nail file (not a really rough one) and just soften the edges where it rubs on your skin. I've done this with a pair of Gucci flats which were very stiff and rubbed. It made it so much better.

Bear in mind patent always starts off quite stiff, it will soften with use and ease up the more you wear them, so I'd only use the file if they don't soften up after a few more wears. Try wearing them with socks around the house to loosen them alittle :smile:

Oh what a shame although I have to say my Tributes are the comfiest heels I own & I adore them so its unusual to hear you find them uncomfortable but may be its because there patent, I know my patent CL were never as comfy as plain leather but hopefully after a couple of wears they will become comfortable.

Reactions: fashion16
I have one pair the lower heeled version...and they're patent...no i don't have that problem. sorry....
but the SA advised me to size up 1/2 size...

Thanks all - sorry for the late reply!

Tried the nail file and that helped, and then I found out the best way to help with the chafing is to rub vaseline (!) on the edges after filing, which worked a treat.

Thanks for all the suggestions, you girls are the best :smile: