YSL Overseas bag opinions

What do you think of the Overseas bag?

• Love it! Have to have it!

• Don't like it. It's not for me.

• Not sure yet.

Results are only viewable after voting.
May 23, 2006
The August issue of Bazaar says that the YSL Overseas bag is going to be hot for fall. Do you like it?

Personally, I'm not sure yet. I've had a couple of drawstring-top bags over the years (like the Louis Vuitton Noe) and they were a major pain to get in and out of.

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts, especially those who have already seen the Overseas bag IRL.

(Navy pic from Neimans; Black patent embossed and White pics from Luisaviaroma ... Incidentally, this bag is called the "Faubourg" tote on Neimans and the "Seaside" tote on LVR, but YSL.com calls it the "Overseas.")

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Overseas2.JPG
    Overseas2.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,010
  • Overseas3.JPG
    Overseas3.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,008
  • Overseas4.JPG
    Overseas4.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 964
  • Bazaar August issue.JPG
    Bazaar August issue.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 1,050
Hiya, I'm not a fan personally. Haven't seen it in real life, but I think it's the chain and lock thing that bothers me as well as the structure of the bag. The chain kinda reminds me of Chloe, and I don't like that aspect of Chloe! I think they also have other bags that have a lot of more style and staying power, as well as classic grace, than this bag. My 2 cents!

I havent seen this bag IRL either, but im not sold on it. Im not a fan of drawstring bags in general - and there is something about the gold chain that Im not keen on. But maybe the photos dont do it any justice! I'll have to see!

i love the overseas bag and can imagine the kind of woman it would look great on,but she's not me!! i love the croc patent. but definitely not enough to buy it.

:heart::heart::heart:I saw it IRL yesterday and I officially love this bag now. I really want one in black croc patent or this grey croc looks very nice too. :heart::heart::heart:

Attachments

• 0413688309530_500x500.jpg
    0413688309530_500x500.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1,461
  • NMV02BN_mp.jpg
    NMV02BN_mp.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 280
i heart anything grey. haven't seen it irl. i'd think it's better as a handcarry. reminds me miumiu bags, actually. their bags are massive, to me. i imagine it'll look bulky/massive when stuffed and one might look clumsy wearing it on the shoulder.

I saw a woman carrying this bag at NM this past weekend. It had the lovely black croc-embossed patent...but the drawstring closure really just made me think "gym bag" or one of those old-school Esprit bags from the 80's, LOL. Completely impractical closure, really.

I definitely can imagine someone carrying this off, but I'm not a huge fan of drawstring bags for me. I do think the grey croc nubuck is the best version, though.

YSL makes the most sophisticated, beautiful designs - but for me, they aren't casual enough and are often so fussy. The closure on this bag, like the Rive Gauche, must require a lot of fidgeting. I really love the bag, but it isn't for me. I think the black patent croc embossed is best.