YSL Muse in Large or Medium?

TammyD

Rising Star
O.G.
Feb 26, 2006
I would like to get a Muse in black and wonder whether the medium is better than the large? I was eyeing the large all along but now I'm wondering about the size. I'm 5"2, but I think neither are too big for me. Thank you!

I'm starting to like the muse too, although I've never seen one in person. Actually correction, I saw a really small one in Neimans today but I really like how it looks in magazines though. Sorry couldn't help you..

I'm 5'2" too, I tried the medium and it just didn't do it for me. Then, I saw the oversized and my immediate reaction was :amazed: "that is a big bag"!....but the SA informed that's the initial reaction of everyone until they actually try the bag on...so, I tried it on and I fell in love right then and there!

I did exactly the same as Pursemama, I'm 5"7 but the oversize seemed huge.. then I tried it...and fell in:love: :love: and I've been using it ever since it came out of the store...:biggrin:

I haven't quite made up my mind about the sizes either. I know I don't want an oversized one. I tried both the med and lrg ones on at NM and both seems fine for me (I'm 5'2). The medium was soooo cute and seemed perfect til you start thinking about what you're going to put in your purse. I want to use mine for a pseudo-baby bag (when the time comes) so I would probably need the lrg. So just think about what you're going to be using it for and then make your decision. You can't go wrong w/ either the med or lrg.

Between the medium and the large, I would go with the large. I love the oversize, but my only regret is that it does not comfortably fit over the shoulder with a coat on. If I could wear the oversize over my shoulder, I would have bought one right away. I'm not too big on carrying a bag this large (which I would fill up with a laptop, papers, etc.) on the crook of my arm or in my hand.

angstofgumby said:
Between the medium and the large, I would go with the large. I love the oversize, but my only regret is that it does not comfortably fit over the shoulder with a coat on. If I could wear the oversize over my shoulder, I would have bought one right away. I'm not too big on carrying a bag this large (which I would fill up with a laptop, papers, etc.) on the crook of my arm or in my hand.

oh, does that mean that large would sit comfortably even with a winter coat on and not only for those who are petite? thanks!

I prefer the large one. I've seen one here at the YSL boutique and I'll have to say the bigger one can fit more things.

Overall, I'm not really a fan of YSL muse bag. Sorry........
No offence.

muppy said:
oh, does that mean that large would sit comfortably even with a winter coat on and not only for those who are petite? thanks!

I think the handles on the large might be a tad bit longer than the handles on the oversize. I have tried both sizes on, and the handles on the large seemed a teeny bit longer. I have also heard others mention this as well. If this is the case and not just my imagination, they are not longer by much.

Unfortunately the large does not fit comfortably over the shoulder with a winter coat on. It is easier to carry in the crook of the arm though because the size of the bag is not as cumbersome as the oversize is.

ETA: TammyD or anyone else interested in the large Muse in black, there is currently one up for auction on eBay by one of the wonderful members from this forum. The auction ends today. The current high bid is way below retail. Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6859126776&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

I, too am looking to purchase the large muse. Do they have it in stock anywhere? I've checked NM, Saks, Bergdorfs and they are all pre-orders for May or even June. ugh.