YSL Hardware Issue Concerns

MBLove

magdalin bubbub.
O.G.
Dec 31, 2008
Had some issues with tarnish GHW issues in the last couple of YSL bags I recently purchase, and wanted to see if others are experiencing the same or if I’m just being too picky. Because I compared it to my other ysl bags GHW and they new bags GHW looks like it’s used.

First bag with the issue I noticed was the small puffer chain bag I purchased from FWRD and both the chain and the logo GHW was so tarnish and scratched and I had to exchanged it two more times for the same issues and finally just return it for a full refund.

Most recent bag I just received, the Gaby zipped pouch in quilted lambskin, bought directly from the YSL website hoping it won’t have this issue for a different type of bag, but yet again it has that same tarnish scratched on the GHW. Planning to return it, and I was glad I purchase it from the website versus in store because I can return it for a full refund. I’m disappointed in the quality of the GHW, the leather is so pretty on this bag. It’s unfortunate.

Is anyone else experiencing this with their new bags and/or is this just a new thing with their GHW style and that’s supposed to be the look? I’m comparing my older YSL bags and SLGs GHW and they are still shiny and beautiful, and maybe YSL is using a different kind of GHW now? Or maybe I’m just picky.

Photos of the Gaby GHW.

IMG_4785.jpegIMG_4787.jpeg

Hello that is not tarnish, some styles come with the bronze toned gold hardware.. it's just the look. Both my College and Loulou come with this style hardware. But if you look at the Kate, it comes with the shiny gold hardware. So it just depends on which bag.
Good to know. Because a majority of my 11 bags and 8 SLGs I own from YSL all have GHW that have the shiny GHW except for the college I own (but even that doesn’t have that weird used look on it - I’m being picky at this point) but I expected that not to. So this issue I had was the first couple of instances where the GHW image on the YSL website doesn’t look like what I was expecting to see in person. So it is a difference in GHW style, can’t tell from the online image when I ordered so might end up returning it anyways. I’ll be going into a boutique this weekend so maybe I’ll find something that has a style with the GHW I prefer.

Good to know. Because a majority of my 11 bags and 8 SLGs I own from YSL all have GHW that have the shiny GHW except for the college I own (but even that doesn’t have that weird used look on it - I’m being picky at this point) but I expected that not to. So this issue I had was the first couple of instances where the GHW image on the YSL website doesn’t look like what I was expecting to see in person. So it is a difference in GHW style, can’t tell from the online image when I ordered so might end up returning it anyways. I’ll be going into a boutique this weekend so maybe I’ll find something that has a style with the GHW I prefer.
I had the same concern with my first because the stock photos looked so different, but when I compared to actual user photos it looked similar. Maybe this hardware style is something new, I don't know, because I got my first YSL only a year ago. I actually prefer the aged sort of look because even if it does get a scratch it doesn't look obvious. And the bag can be styled up or down.

Reactions: MBLove
I had the same concern with my first because the stock photos looked so different, but when I compared to actual user photos it looked similar. Maybe it's something new, I don't know because I only got my first YSL a year ago. I actually prefer the aged sort of look because even if it does get a scratch it doesn't look obvious. And the bag can be styled up or down.
So glad someone had experience with this and know that it’s a different type of style GHW.

I’m out here having trust issues because I also got the YSL panier raffia tote around the same time and it came with the shiny GHW logo and I was tripping when I was unpacking this one. But will definitely take a look at bags with similar bronze GHW tone in store, and maybe that’ll change my mind about this one. Lol

That’s normal and not tarnish. It’s a bronzed aged hardware, and is supposed to look that way. They also have silver hardware that’s aged instead of a shiny silver.

Reactions: Ms.Dixie
Had some issues with tarnish GHW issues in the last couple of YSL bags I recently purchase, and wanted to see if others are experiencing the same or if I’m just being too picky. Because I compared it to my other ysl bags GHW and they new bags GHW looks like it’s used.

First bag with the issue I noticed was the small puffer chain bag I purchased from FWRD and both the chain and the logo GHW was so tarnish and scratched and I had to exchanged it two more times for the same issues and finally just return it for a full refund.

Most recent bag I just received, the Gaby zipped pouch in quilted lambskin, bought directly from the YSL website hoping it won’t have this issue for a different type of bag, but yet again it has that same tarnish scratched on the GHW. Planning to return it, and I was glad I purchase it from the website versus in store because I can return it for a full refund. I’m disappointed in the quality of the GHW, the leather is so pretty on this bag. It’s unfortunate.

Is anyone else experiencing this with their new bags and/or is this just a new thing with their GHW style and that’s supposed to be the look? I’m comparing my older YSL bags and SLGs GHW and they are still shiny and beautiful, and maybe YSL is using a different kind of GHW now? Or maybe I’m just picky.

Photos of the Gaby GHW.

View attachment 5776478View attachment 5776479
Same with my puffer bag! I remember buying it and it’s so gold. Now when I checked and use it, the gold color turned like this!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited: