YSL FALL 2009 -- new styles and colors -- post pics and discuss here

I was going to post how much I love the ostrich totem bag in african violet, but I see it isn't a Fall 2009 bag. Sorry. I was overcome with love.

Last edited:
I tried on the roady with the chain handlle today and it was heavy ! The stingray handlle roady was really pretty but the hobo shape just didnt do it for me. It was large and shapeless and deep. They had sold out of the faux stingray grey roady. I saw a piece set aside for someone else. That was the lightest as it had a canvas lining.

I don't think I'd like a canvas lining.....what did you think?

The grey and textured stingray leather was a nice complement and i think the black handle a nice contrast. But it was somewhat shiny and this is just my personal preference but i dont like faux stingray or stamped croc bags, just prefer the real deal although that would be out of my price range completely ! The canvas lining wasnt too bad, just not as luxe as the suede ones on the stringray handles.

I was eyeing your the roady flap but they are not bringing that in. Are you loving it ?

Gingerale...I keep going back and forth on the chain Roady..do you think it is too heavy? I have had some heavy bags, and I love the look of this bag, but wonder if I will tire from it from the heaviness of it....

personally I do find it heavy. I was trying out the plain black one and was surprised at how much heftier the chain roady was. I can't imagine what it would weigh if it was full. It is a beautiful bag but if you are having 2nd thoughts then perhaps try out the other styles to see if there is another that you love. Hope that helps.

I was eyeing your the roady flap but they are not bringing that in. Are you loving it ?

I really, really love it! The things that I thought would bother me--narrow opening and closure--don''t bother me at all. I love the front pocket that is in front of the main interior. It is a great place for phone and keys.

The only thing that I don't love is the handle is a bit hard and if the bag is loaded down a lot and you have it over your shoulder, it can press into your shoulder a little.

I keep going back and forth on the chain Roady..do you think it is too heavy? I have had some heavy bags, and I love the look of this bag, but wonder if I will tire from it from the heaviness of it....

ryry, I just filled the Hidden Chain I have with my things and decided it will be too heavy. It has the same handle as the Roady Flap. The flap is a lighter bag and I find that the strap digs into my shoulder occasionally because it is so hard. Because the Hidden Chain is heavier I know that the strap will dig into my shoulder even more.

You are KILLING ME with these pics!!! :nuts:

Here's a new version of the Muse Two from luisaviaroma.com

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

ryry, I just filled the Hidden Chain I have with my things and decided it will be too heavy. It has the same handle as the Roady Flap. The flap is a lighter bag and I find that the strap digs into my shoulder occasionally because it is so hard. Because the Hidden Chain is heavier I know that the strap will dig into my shoulder even more.
Yep...totally agree! Now go get your mini-cabat.

So far flap is awesome. I love everything about it. The pocket in front of the main compartment is fabulous! The only thing that I would mention is the handle is very hard and can dig into your shoulder if you have a lot in your bag.

I give it a huge thumbs up!

Thanks. From what I saw I didn't even think you could really wear it over your shoulder.

It fits very comfortably on my shoulder--not a tight fit at all. I think it is because the middle of the top of the bag collapses bit when you carry it. I am not sure how good the fit will be with a winter coat though.

This is really one of my favorite bags in a long time. I am praying that I don't have any issues with the leather like Cosmo did with her besace.