YSL Croc Embossed Shopping Tote vs LV Neverfull DE MM

higabanya

Apr 13, 2019
Hi!

I am looking for a tote bag to bring for work and will occasionally need to carry a 13” MacBook Pro and charger.

I’ve been reading up on the forums about the YSL shopping tote, it looks understated and I love the option to show the YSL tag or keep it if I want a more subtle look. However I’ve read that there are some quality issues and most of the posts are about the smooth leather version, do you guys know if the croc embossed version would hold the structure of the bag better and is it more durable than the smooth leather version?

I’ve also read a lot about the LV Neverfull and the DE is my favourite print. I already own a LV Alma BB in DE and I love it! The durability and classic look of the bag are factors that draw me in the most. However I’ve also read that there is some cracking issues for DE, and since I already own an LV in DE, I’m not sure if I should go for it again.

What do you guys think? Should I get the LV Neverfull MM in DE, or the YSL Shopping Tote in Croc Embossed?

Attachments

• E24851DE-16E0-4DD8-BA1B-D538929023D9.jpeg
    E24851DE-16E0-4DD8-BA1B-D538929023D9.jpeg
    39.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 876910C8-DE10-430C-858F-E6701B00016B.jpeg
    876910C8-DE10-430C-858F-E6701B00016B.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 96
I like the YSL a bit more but the Never full is a classic you can’t go wrong with. But I loved the Saint Laurent at first sight.
You if want a more unique look go for that one

Reactions: IntheOcean
Definitely the YSL tote.

While it most likely won't be as resilient as LV canvas, it looks a lot more elegant and will elevate an outfit three times more than the Neverfull. Lots of people carry around LV canvas and the Nevefull specifically, and YSL is a lot less ubiquitous and not as in your face with the logo being quite small. And, well, it's made of leather.

Sa26: Thank you for the reply! I loved the Saint Laurent at first sight too, until the brain kept reminding me of classics like Neverfull haha. Thank you for the reply!

Aerdem: The sleekness was what attracted me the most, together with the textured leather. Thank you for your input about the structure of the embossed leather! I kinda like my bags to have a little shape to it, so that’s awesome to hear.

IntheOcean: Ah those are great points! Thank you for raising them, I’m feeling very swayed to go for the YSL now haha!

Thank you all for the reply! Looks like I’ll probably be getting the YSL then. I went to the boutique to try on and they only had the Matte Croc. I’d love to have a Shiny Croc one if possible though!

Last edited by a moderator:
I second what Sa26 said.. you and the bag look incredible together. Based on your outfit/hair/makeup it appears you lean towards a more streamlined aesthetic. The Saint Laurent is perfect for that look :smile:

It’s great we helped choosing a bag is quite a challenge. You go crazy fir how many beautiful bags you see in store and especially because the look changes a lot seeing it live than online sometimes the pictures don’t make justice.

you have to see your bags in store.

Reactions: higabanya