YSL.com - scratched y-mail clutch

Hi everyone! I wanted to ask those with metallic ysl bags whether it is normal to see scratches on your brand new bag.

I ordered a gold y-mail clutch form ysl.com last week, and it arrived today. It arrived on time, perfectly and beautifully packaged, but as soon as I took it out of the dustbag, I noticed two scratches. :wtf: One appeared to be a finger nail scratch, about 1 1/2 inches long, and the other a hairline scratch at the top of the bag. The leather is not torn in any way, but these scratches are clearly visible as it is metallic leather.

I called customer service hoping to exchange it, but the rep kept insuring me that it is just the nature of the leather, and that once I start wearing it, I will inevitably scratch it myself. :huh: Call me crazy, but I don't think that's right. The quality control tag is a joke, if this is indeed the norm at ysl. :tdown:

I'm thinking about just driving to rodeo (ugh :pout:) and exchanging it for one without scratches as I ordered it for an event tomorrow night, but am SO annoyed.

Anyone out there with a similar experience?? I mean, if this were a used bag I'd be annoyed but at least there would've been a discount in it for me. Had it been a less prestigious brand, I would've understood that sh*t happens. But my bag is brand spanking new! And its expensive! WTH??

Sorry about your experience. I've ordered numerous items from YSL.com and they've all been pristine. Is this the clutch you ordered here? Because obviously the leather on that one is supposed to look crackled/distressed. In any event, you deserve a refund or exchange if you are not happy, and I expect that YSL will oblige, but the inconvenience is a *****, I understand completely.