YSL belle de jour clutch or Y ligne clutch?

Feb 18, 2010
Hi,

It's my first time in the YSL forum but lately the YSL clutch caught my eyes. The problem is I am undecided between the belle de jour clutch or the Y ligne clutch.

I understand that the Y ligne will be phased out soon but somehow i like the classic look and I am certain that, should I get it, it would be in red textured leather.

On the other hand, the belle de jour has a more youthful and stylish appeal... I have yet to decide on the colour or leather for this one... but I am feeling the rush to decide between the belle de jour or the Y ligne as stocks are depleting rather quickly for the latter...

Opinions? :P

Hi,

It's my first time in the YSL forum but lately the YSL clutch caught my eyes. The problem is I am undecided between the belle de jour clutch or the Y ligne clutch.

I understand that the Y ligne will be phased out soon but somehow i like the classic look and I am certain that, should I get it, it would be in red textured leather.

On the other hand, the belle de jour has a more youthful and stylish appeal... I have yet to decide on the colour or leather for this one... but I am feeling the rush to decide between the belle de jour or the Y ligne as stocks are depleting rather quickly for the latter...

Opinions? :P

I took BDJ because of youthful look although patent is not my thing. However, black one is wearable with anything. Leather one was too expensive for me for a clutch worn just few times year. Y ligne is very pretty and has beautiful leathers available, but I did not go for it because of metal would be reducing the combinations I can wear it with.

I have the bdj in black patent leather and the Y clutch in black textured leather and I love them both. If you want to go with the Y clutch, I would strongly suggest you take the textured leather (http://www.ysl.com/us/shop-product/...-in-black-textured-leather_cod45204597wo.html), the regular calf skin version scratches very easily and you can not take it out in the rain.

The bdj has a more young look, so I use it during the day a lot. The Y clutch is very chic, so its more of a nighttime bag for me.

The Y clutch is also more expensive.

But in my opinion you can not go wrong with either on!

i love the BDJ clutch. it just looks so much more sleek.
but i love the new cassandre clutches the most out of the 3! :lol:

Attachments

• ysl black gold clutch.jpg
    ysl black gold clutch.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 11,801